• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is a Laker because James the GM heavily influenced the Lakers to stop the negotiations with DeRozan and get Westbrook instead. The blame for Westbrook even being on the Lakers roster lies partially at the feet of James and the complicit FO. AS Jerry West and Pat Riley have often stated, it is the job of the GM to do due diligence. Westbrook had been with 4 teams prior to James the GM pressing the Lakers to sign him. If you are going to play de Facto GM, then you do your due diligence. It is obvious James or Pelinka or the FO didn't. So the blame does partially fall at the feet of James for this Westbrook debacle. Notice this summer, James was left out-of-the-loop (or was told by ignoring by the Lakers any input by him) and Pelinka got back to doing his job and signing the players Ham might want-youngsters that play defense.

Not true. Derozen was a fa and the Russ deal was before the draft

It was hield or Russ at this time

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is a Laker because James the GM heavily influenced the Lakers to stop the negotiations with DeRozan and get Westbrook instead. The blame for Westbrook even being on the Lakers roster lies partially at the feet of James and the complicit FO. AS Jerry West and Pat Riley have often stated, it is the job of the GM to do due diligence. Westbrook had been with 4 teams prior to James the GM pressing the Lakers to sign him. If you are going to play de Facto GM, then you do your due diligence. It is obvious James or Pelinka or the FO didn't. So the blame does partially fall at the feet of James for this Westbrook debacle. Notice this summer, James was left out-of-the-loop (or was told by ignoring by the Lakers any input by him) and Pelinka got back to doing his job and signing the players Ham might want-youngsters that play defense.
DeRozan was a FA and maybe you ever think he just didn't want to play in LA. Pelinka is the GM, man up and make the move you think is best for the team. At this point, Pelinka is thriving off the AD move and James basically told him to make that move. So it's either one or the other, Lebron gets all the credit for the championship-Pelinka gets none or give Pelinka the little credit he deserves pulling off the AD trade and then he's been a disaster since. He isn't a good GM

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Derozen was a fa and the Russ deal was before the draft

It was hield or Russ at this time
Wrong dude. The Westbrook was after the draft later in July after the Lakers were negotiating with DeRozan.

On August 6, 2021, Westbrook was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, the third time he was traded and his fourth team in three years; the Wizards acquired Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Aaron Holiday, Spencer Dinwiddie, and the draft rights of Isaiah Todd in the deal.

The Draft is late June!

DeRozan talks took place around and after the draft sometime in early July when DeRozan became a FA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan was a FA and maybe you ever think he just didn't want to play in LA. Pelinka is the GM, man up and make the move you think is best for the team. At this point, Pelinka is thriving off the AD move and James basically told him to make that move. So it's either one or the other, Lebron gets all the credit for the championship-Pelinka gets none or give Pelinka the little credit he deserves pulling off the AD trade and then he's been a disaster since. He isn't a good GM
Maybe this dude!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this dude!

That doesn't mean anything. You know how many trades are what if's in this leauge. I'm sure they talked to many teams about different deals including the Hield deal. The fact is Pelinka screwed the pooch.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong dude. The Westbrook was after the draft later in July after the Lakers were negotiating with DeRozan.

On August 6, 2021, Westbrook was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, the third time he was traded and his fourth team in three years; the Wizards acquired Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Aaron Holiday, Spencer Dinwiddie, and the draft rights of Isaiah Todd in the deal.

The Draft is late June!

DeRozan talks took place around and after the draft sometime in early July when DeRozan became a FA.

They traded the pick in the Westbrook deal before the draft

It took so long because they folded the dinwidide sign and trade into it as well

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you mean sting the wrestler, who is in his 60s but still could’ve made it work lol
Nope, lol. Sting (Gordon Sumner) has acting experience and could handle the physical part of the role IMO. He was pretty good in Lock, Stock.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha......finally did happen though.

it was definitely a different kind of show- but I actually really really liked it. I thought the main actress- McKenzie something- did a great job. So weird at some parts too.
I kept wondering where I had seen her before.

She was a fucking terminator....lol

I love post apocalyptic movies and shows and wilderness stuff too.

Well, I just like weird outside the box stuff period.

Children of Men, Snowpiercer movie the TV show is ass, The Grey, The Road, 28 Days, Into the forrest, Carriers, Watchmen TV show and Movie, Frozen not the cartoon...lol

Thanks for the great recommendation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Bird and Staley are the top 2 female Point GODS in history.

Awesome that I got a chance to watch Bird's entire career.

Really like Sue Bird...Taurasi's my favorite WNBA'er.

Told my son it's the Women's basketball equivalent of Magic vs. Bird for the last time.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Told my son it's the Women's basketball equivalent of Magic vs. Bird for the last time.
Yep.

It's almost that time for Taurasi too.

She's like the Dirk to Skylar Diggins Luka right now.

But, they are not vibing.

Skylar has that CP3 mentality that's gonna get her fucked up.

Did you see this a few weeks ago?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if those 2 were college teammates. Not rivals

it's crazy to think they actually lost a game in the final 4, but i think Taurasi went 1-15 or something crazy like that. UConn blew a double digit lead.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers continue to be cheap
I'm just so confused here.

They'd get shooting and rim protection.

They'd get both guys bird rights.

With Westbrook off the roster, Schroeder is a competent replacement.

Pelinka has to realize he's gonna get taxed.

One 1st rounder for the players that actually fit, one 1st rounder to rid themselves of Russ.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just so confused here.

They'd get shooting and rim protection.

They'd get both guys bird rights.

With Westbrook off the roster, Schroeder is a competent replacement.

Pelinka has to realize he's gonna get taxed.

One 1st rounder for the players that actually fit, one 1st rounder to rid themselves of Russ.

Yeah. It seems like the perfect fit