• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes or no to the offer

I'd do exactly what the Lakers are doing and likely to end up doing. I would ask what it would take to get the player I'd rather have, or see if I can work in another team, but I would accept taking Harris if the Nets insisted.

And if what Shane just posted is true, they are trying to loop in a 3rd team to take Westbrook. Perhaps that will be enough to entice the Nets to send them Curry.

There are all kinds of reasons that the trade may not happen, but I really doubt the Lakers refusing to take Harris instead of Curry will be it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep posting these tweets that say, "anonymous GM thinks this..."

Happy The Rock GIF

Who can sign him to an offer sheet? Nobody has the cap space that would be interested.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do exactly what the Lakers are doing and likely to end up doing. I would ask what it would take to get the player I'd rather have, or see if I can work in another team, but I would accept taking Harris if the Nets insisted.

And if what Shane just posted is true, they are trying to loop in a 3rd team to take Westbrook. Perhaps that will be enough to entice the Nets to send them Curry.

There are all kinds of reasons that the trade may not happen, but I really doubt the Lakers refusing to take Harris instead of Curry will be it.

They're looping a 3rd team that is taking on Russ's contract and giving up 2 firsts for the privilege

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the Sixers case. The bigger contract would be Tobias Harris. Same length of commitment as Ingram. He’s not as good a player but he and Simmons are a great pairing and they’re already committed to Simmons. They may project Ingram works with Simmons. Maxey has an undefined ceiling right now. In the right fit, he has the stuff to be All NBA. Is Ingram that guy? Maxey is the player with the upside here and it’s a cheap projection to go after.

I don't know that the Nets are willing to take the tax hit for Harris.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are giving up 2 firsts for Russ?
Only seems fair LOL. Being that stupid, you have to pay for it.

But seriously, I could see the Spurs doing this. They are in full rebuild. They will just buyout Russ and get a 1st. I would think Lakers send a 1st to BKN and a 1st to SA? idk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs get Russ.
The Lakers get Kyrie.
And the Nets get 2 1st's from the Spurs.

That's how it works boys and girls. Respect!

Why would the Spurs give up 2 firsts for the please of Russ' company? They need to be GETTING draft picks for eating that contract.

EDIT: Ahh, too slow lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the Sixers case. The bigger contract would be Tobias Harris. Same length of commitment as Ingram. He’s not as good a player but he and Simmons are a great pairing and they’re already committed to Simmons. They may project Ingram works with Simmons. Maxey has an undefined ceiling right now. In the right fit, he has the stuff to be All NBA. Is Ingram that guy? Maxey is the player with the upside here and it’s a cheap projection to go after.
I think if I had to bet on Maxey or Ingram ever bein all NBA my money would go on Ingram.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only seems fair LOL. Being that stupid, you have to pay for it.

But seriously, I could see the Spurs doing this. They are in full rebuild. They will just buyout Russ and get a 1st. I would think Lakers send a 1st to BKN and a 1st to SA? idk

Wait.

So in this universe the Spurs are absorbing contract and giving up extremely valuable picks to do so?