• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we negotiating? No one wants Kyrie and no one wants Russ.

The Lakers had Kyrie fall in their lap and they're bullshitting around with it.

I'm a decent poker player...when you have a big hand you take it down when someone shoves their chips in. You don't dilly dally with the shit.

If any of the reports are true the Nets shoved in...the Lakers just have to call it.

If you don’t give the Nets a reasonable offer they could just John wall kyrie

It’s at least 1 first just to dump Russ’s contract

Plus you want to acquire kyrie that costs something else

But everyone’s deadline is the TD

Lakers really just need to tread water so they can make the playoffs with kyrie playoff eligible

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t give the Nets a reasonable offer they could just John wall kyrie

It’s at least 1 first just to dump Russ’s contract

Plus you want to acquire kyrie that costs something else

But everyone’s deadline is the TD

Lakers really just need to tread water so they can make the playoffs with kyrie playoff eligible

Yea. Russ's contract is a negative asset by itself.

Even for as insane as Kyrie is....come playoff time he's a plus player. Russ isn't. Even in 2020 after he figured out not chucking 3s and instead attacking the hoop at will was his bread and butter he resorted back to chucking 3s against the Lakers.

You aren't winning shit with Russ anymore. You could with Kyrie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we negotiating? No one wants Kyrie and no one wants Russ.

The Lakers had Kyrie fall in their lap and they're bullshitting around with it.

I'm a decent poker player...when you have a big hand you take it down when someone shoves their chips in. You don't dilly dally with the shit.

If any of the reports are true the Nets shoved in...the Lakers just have to call it.

lol

Remind me not to ask you to represent me the next time I'm negotiating a raise or salary.

Shams and Woj have both said that the teams haven't even really begun to negotiate, there are reports that they may have to loop in a 3rd team because the Nets really don't want Westbrook and there are also reports that the Nets are focused on KD right now...

But you somehow already have the Kyrie to the Lakers trade failing because someone said the Nets want the Lakers to take Harris and the Lakers would rather have Curry.

And people say..."but Lakers fans always"...:L

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Remind me not to ask you to represent me the next time I'm negotiating a raise or salary.

Shams and Woj have both said that the teams haven't even really begun to negotiate, there are reports that they may have to loop in a 3rd team because the Nets really don't want Westbrook and there are also reports that the Nets are focused on KD right now...

But you somehow already have the Kyrie to the Lakers trade failing because someone said the Nets want the Lakers to take Harris and the Lakers would rather have Curry.

Twitter is great during NFL and NBA FA but it's also easy to get got by these guys trying to be the first to report transactions.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So if I said a month ago you guys can get Kyrie and Joe Harris for Russ and picks you would say.. ..?

When you are negotiating with shit when your dream scenario falls in your lap you're being stupid as hell angling for more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like TJ mentioned yesterday.....we've been getting misleading reports.

They haven't really had serious negotiations, despite all these reporters Tweeting otherwise trying to be the 1st with the intel.
Wait a minute....the insiders are making it up as they go with no repercussions?

Call me shocked.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving isn't John Wall.

No way the Nets just tell him to stay home and not get something in return for him. Even if it's less than what they would like. Especially, since KD AND Irving aren't long for the Nets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s open it up for discussion. See if people value Maxey at 2.7 and 4.3 for the next two years over Ingram at 33.8 and 36 over the next two years. Great players with big upside cheap is always valuable. Valuing expensive players that topped out already is how a franchise finds itself in the shoes of the 22-23 Lakers.
But he's right if the top piece in the deal is cheap then they likely have to take on bad contracts they don't want.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I said a month ago you guys can get Kyrie and Joe Harris for Russ and picks you would say.. ..?

When you are negotiating with shit when your dream scenario falls in your lap you're being stupid as hell angling for more.

What part of "The teams haven't really started negotiating yet" are you not grasping?

The 3 most respected "experts" have said that the teams haven't really started negotiating yet or that the Lakers don't need to negotiate against themselves...but you somehow have it all figured out. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj and Shams no.

But, some jump the gun.
I'd say most as it sure seems like the big deals that go down are ones we didn't expect. Woj and Shams might do it less, sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep posting these tweets that say, "anonymous GM thinks this..."

Happy The Rock GIF

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "The teams haven't really started negotiating yet" are you not grasping?

The 3 most respected "experts" have said that the teams haven't really started negotiating yet or that the Lakers don't need to negotiate against themselves...but you somehow have it all figured out. lol

Yes or no to the offer

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's right if the top piece in the deal is cheap then they likely have to take on bad contracts they don't want.
Not in the Sixers case. The bigger contract would be Tobias Harris. Same length of commitment as Ingram. He’s not as good a player but he and Simmons are a great pairing and they’re already committed to Simmons. They may project Ingram works with Simmons. Maxey has an undefined ceiling right now. In the right fit, he has the stuff to be All NBA. Is Ingram that guy? Maxey is the player with the upside here and it’s a cheap projection to go after.