• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt they are rebuilding with Simmons. I think they want to compete for the playoffs but also gain a young star so I think it could be a mix, plus all those future picks you can trade for an all-star or just draft players. Depending on the package they can shoot for the playoffs right away.
I think Simmons is a part of their rebuild. A rebuild doesn’t need to center around Simmons but he’s likely a part of it. Marks career rides on getting something out of Simmons or he goes down as the guy on watch when Harden Kyrie and KD all quit on him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Cam Thomas.....the Nets have been telling people no to trading him.

Yep, Nets may need to move at least one of Harris/Curry. I wonder if an LA team would be willing to take one along with a PG....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a really good player really a deterrant to getting a superstar/HOF'er?

They are morons if so because there is no guarantee Barnes will ever be great player.

Good, really good, sure. Great? Nope.
It isn't just Barnes for KD...it's WAY more than that. That would be like the Cavs giving up Mobley and more. No thanks especially for a slimball that could be unhappy at any moment

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L

No one said that

I said I'm not gutting my team and future picks to have the same kind of roster that just lost in the first round.
In fairness, the Nets had a lot of problems... and KD wasn't in the top 5 of them:
  • Size
  • Coaching
  • The Joe Harris injury
  • Lack of depth and cohesion
  • Freakin' headcase Kyrie

Toronto would be a much better team than the Nets were last season.

All that said: I would agree that they aren't a top flight title threat... more like 2nd tier title contender.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L

No one said that

I said I'm not gutting my team and future picks to have the same kind of roster that just lost in the first round.
KD
Siakam
VV
Porter
Thad Young
Brooks
Boucher
Achiuwa
Birch

is better than the Nets team that lost in the 1st round. They have a big 3 that is better than the duo on the Nets.

And some nice supporting role players. And the Nets would most likely be getting back another Nets player for the trio they are getting and picks plus pick swaps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I was saying yesterday. No reason for the Lakers to bid against themselves. No reason to start adding pieces until they have a definitive answer or counter offer from the Nets.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L

No one said that

This is why I think New Orleans could be a better trade partner. If the land KD and make some hay in the playoffs, that pulls that franchise out of the shadows.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD
Siakam
VV
Porter
Thad Young
Brooks
Boucher
Achiuwa
Birch

is better than the Nets team that lost in the 1st round. They have a big 3 that is better than the duo on the Nets.

And some nice supporting role players. And the Nets would most likely be getting back another Nets player for the trio they are getting and picks plus pick swaps.

Definitely not much better.

And Definitely not worth selling three young assets plus future picks.

Better... i will grant that much.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think New Orleans could be a better trade partner. If the land KD and make some hay in the playoffs, that pulls that franchise out of the shadows.
The Nets will want more than what the Pels will be willing to offer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Simmons is a part of their rebuild. A rebuild doesn’t need to center around Simmons but he’s likely a part of it. Marks career rides on getting something out of Simmons or he goes down as the guy on watch when Harden Kyrie and KD all quit on him.

I don't think rebuild is their target; more of a re-load. They have no draft capital as things stand today, and will be receiving draft capital from a team with KD in any trade. That's why they are focusing on at least one young star to replace KD. They need a lot of shooting to make that work around Simmons.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets will want more than what the Pels will be willing to offer.

Who is a more desirable piece than Ingram as the core of the deal? Certainly not Herro and role players, or the Suns role players, and Barnes does not appear to be available.

Who else can offer picks in three consecutive years (4 if their recently drafted player is included)?

The big issue IMO is whether Durant would be happy in New Orleans.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think rebuild is their target; more of a re-load. They have no draft capital as things stand today, and will be receiving draft capital from a team with KD in any trade. That's why they are focusing on at least one young star to replace KD. They need a lot of shooting to make that work around Simmons.
I get you but still a rebuild. Just will look different than the ranking rebuild that OKC is allowed to engage in that the Sixers were not allowed to engage in (I’m never getting over that.)

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a more desirable piece than Ingram as the core of the deal? Certainly not Herro and role players, or the Suns role players, and Barnes does not appear to be available.

Who else can offer picks in three consecutive years (4 if their recently drafted player is included)?

The Nets would probably want Ingram and CJ plus picks and pick swaps.

I agree, I don't know if KD would agree to being traded to NO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyrese Maxey. Great upside and still cheap for two more seasons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not much better.

And Definitely not worth selling three young assets plus future picks.

Better... i will grant that much.
Yeah that's what I am saying. They are better I think that is a given but I see a lot of teams with more chemistry better and it's more than a handful of teams including the west