• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

Harden wanted out of BK because of Kyrie and they had a nice FA.

Yeah. Harden finally looks to have done something that shows that he's actually making winning a priority... why bring in someone that is a big part of the reason you were able to get him in the first place? That would not be smart.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but they seem to be shooting for cap space next summer since James hasn't opted in to an extension.

Harris is signed for 2 more years.

For one season Harris will be more expensive than Curry. Curry will likely be earning close to what Harris will next year.

I'm assuming you all want to keep Curry.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one season Harris will be more expensive than Curry. Curry will likely be earning close to what Harris will next year.

I'm assuming you all want to keep Curry.

Yeah.

Plus if you get Irving, no matter the mechanism, you are not going to add someone better than Harris anyway

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will laugh my ass off if all this posturing costs the Lakers Irving.

If the Lakers really have a legit chance to get Kyrie and don't there's only one person to blame.

Not the owner. Not the GM. Not the new coach. The blame should fall on the shoulders of a certain player who's hair has been falling out for years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers now have quite a few new young talents that are being show-cased in the G-League and the FAs they have signed are pretty decent. The major driving force in getting involved in the Kyrie sweepstakes was the chance to move Westbrook and for James, an opportunity to again play with Irving. Maybe, the reason for the slow-down between the Lakers and Nets have other contributing factors involved.

The Lakers have been badly burned already with Westbrook, so maybe there is a contingency in the Lakers organization (possibly Green Eggs and Ham) that is not interested in securing another head case when they already have one. Ham has already stated he thinks he can get Westbrook to play decently and maybe even play defense (It was part of his interview process).

Perhaps Ham likes all of the new young talent like Bass, Huff, McClung, Pippen Jr, Christie, and Swider and wants to incorporate keeping Westbrook and not bringing in Irving whose contract is expiring while James has not made it clear he wants to stick around after his contract expires. Maybe Ham wants to take this new young talent and mold into a defensive minded team that wins.

The Lakers are not thrilled with Harris and they want Curry, but they are also pretty much done sending future draft capital away for yet another hope-filled transaction that history has already proven has not been kind to them. Case in point: The John Wall potential trade.

Maybe the owner has had enough and has quietly let it be known that the Lakers need to start fresh and go in a different direction to build another championship team long-term. Maybe.

Granted, this is a lot of speculation but I have never been one who supports a franchise in any sport running after FAs with a win-now mentality as the modus operandi for building a successful championship team. Too much associated problems with that strategy.

No team has ever won a championship with alot of acquired FAs. Just ask the Yankees. Rather, (the Icon does this everywhere he goes), finding young talent and blending and molding them into a contender taking a long-term view is way more successful at getting another ring.

Maybe that is what the Lakers are doing this time around!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets are under no obligation to move either Irving or KD. Both are under contract and if the Nets want they can simply tell both players to stay home, we ain't trading you. That is what the Nets have already stated. They have recently tweeted-out that unless they get what they want in both potential trades, they ain't trading anybody!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets are under no obligation to move either Irving or KD. Both are under contract and if the Nets want they can simply tell both players to stay home, we ain't trading you. That is what the Nets have already stated. They have recently tweeted-out that unless they get what they want in both potential trades, they ain't trading anybody!

That's a perfectly reasonable stance

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now....the Lakers are the only team showing much interest.

Yes, but as soon as the season starts and borderline teams get injuries, they will want him with higher picks than the lakers can offer and likely better players in return. They have no reason to trade him until the trade deadline.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean they can do whatever you want but it seems like that it would be smart to move the players that want out. They get their assets and don’t have to deal with all the bs. I still think they move both but they don’t have to be in a rush. They can wait and trade them

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, that is what i said. There is literally 0 reasons to rush a trade, unless they want to just be stupid, and it is the nets so who knows.

I knew those Windy tweets and other clowns at ESPN were just making stuff up like usual for the views. With that said Irving did buy a house in LA so there is a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend in NY texted me that the Lakers don't want to take on Harris.

@trojanfan12

That is incredibly foolish.

I get that they want flexibility next summer and Harris is signed for 2 years.

But you can deal him as an expiring next summer.

And if he establishes health and plays well, he might even net the Lakers an asset in that type of trade.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is incredibly foolish.

I get that they want flexibility next summer and Harris is signed for 2 years.

But you can deal him as an expiring next summer.

And if he establishes health and plays well, he might even net the Lakers an asset in that type of trade.

Yea, any chance to swap RW for Irving should be done no matter who the other player is, even if the guy is in the d-league or they found him outside barkley center in a homeless camp lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can.

However, the way this whole mess started was because of how the Nets responded to Kyrie opting in.

The Nets do not want Kyrie there. They can’t stand him.

KD doesn’t want to play in Brooklyn without Kyrie.

So not as simple as to say they can just keep bother guys.