• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for nets management is even though Irving is a headcase what benefit do they get from trading him and taking RW. They both are on the last year of their contracts, and Kyrie not playing at all is likely still better than RW playing imo. Trade makes no sense tbh outside of the fake news hyping it up from fathorst.

Cap space more than anything, it's why they apparently want to include Harris (who has 2 years on his deal and is recovering from an injury) in a trade. They get at least 1 and maybe 2 future firsts. If they want to they can play him as someone that fans will show up to watch or they can just tell him to stay home. Moving Harris and letting Westbrook expire frees up a sizeable chunk because Harris is owed almost $40 million over the next 2 seasons.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it? Plus Kyrie never said he wouldn't play and is also an expiring contract. I am sure other teams will offer picks as well.

Irving doesn’t have to say he won’t play, it’s just known that he is going to say that at some point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it? Plus Kyrie never said he wouldn't play and is also an expiring contract. I am sure other teams will offer picks as well.
It’s Kyrie. You can’t ever rely on the guy. Better off creating future cap space, shipping contracts out and acquiring future picks

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space more than anything, it's why they apparently want to include Harris (who has 2 years on his deal and is recovering from an injury) in a trade. They get at least 1 and maybe 2 future firsts. If they want to they can play him as someone that fans will show up to watch or they can just tell him to stay home. Moving Harris and letting Westbrook expire frees up a sizeable chunk because Harris is owed almost $40 million over the next 2 seasons.
I think the Nets could try it and then buy RW out early in the season if it doesn't seem to be working. Or tell him to stay home.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think the Lakers are going to give up a couple of 1sts to get Kyrie?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now....the Lakers are the only team showing much interest.

I guess no one else feels they need him to help “guide” their franchise. Everyone knew he was crazy, but I think that statement put most over the edge on wanting to have anything to do with him.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably what is holding things up. They don't want to do that, unless they know James is signing an extension and he hasn't shown any indication to do so. Yet.

If he does, they'd trade 1 1st rounder along with RW and Reaves/THT....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably what is holding things up. They don't want to do that, unless they know James is signing an extension and he hasn't shown any indication to do so. Yet.

The lakers choices are pay a legit price to add kyrie or wallow in the lottery for another season

Seems pretty easy to me

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I think that the Nets aren't going to be keen on conceding defeat and dumping Kyrie for a 2026 1st round pick and the husk of Russell Westbrook. I'd also imagine that such a trade would guarantee that KD wouldn't be coming back.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think that the Nets aren't going to be keen on conceding defeat and dumping Kyrie for a 2026 1st round pick and the husk of Russell Westbrook. I'd also imagine that such a trade would guarantee that KD wouldn't be coming back.
Well, KD has requested a trade so there's that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may have to if they want to get away from Westbrook. Also, apparently the Nets want the Lakers to take Harris, but the Lakers want Seth Curry. So maybe they end up giving up a 2nd pick to get the Nets to send Curry instead of Harris?

The Lakers are in a spot where they have to swing big. If they can stay healthy (a big if) Lebron, AD, Kyrie and Harris or Seth Curry would be damn tough to beat, especially if they manage to have a solid bench. So, if they have to send 2 picks...so be it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We still don’t know that for sure. The Lakers knew how Lebron worked his contracts, he has been doing this his entire career. The fact is we don’t know if a Lebron extension is holding up a Kyrie trade…that all rumor. It could be that Kyrie is a nutcase and the Lakers know this. Plus you are banking on a Kyrie extension, otherwise it’s a one year rental as well

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take your last 76.

Care to bet where he gets dealt? I say the Lakers, you get the field.

Are the Nets included in the field?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still don’t know that for sure. The Lakers knew how Lebron worked his contracts, he has been doing this his entire career. The fact is we don’t know if a Lebron extension is holding up a Kyrie trade…that all rumor. It could be that Kyrie is a nutcase and the Lakers know this. Plus you are banking on a Kyrie extension, otherwise it’s a one year rental as well

I think it is also possible that the Lakers are engaging in some theatrics and making it seem like they are going to make a move for Kyrie but not really interested in that circus.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take your last 76.

Care to bet where he gets dealt? I say the Lakers, you get the field.
I’m just posting what Shams and Woj have been saying lol. At this point, nobody seems to have much interest in Kyrie, even the Lakers have questions it seems