• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds to me like there are things she would like to say about the NBA and everything going on in it that, as an owner, she can't say because it could get the Lakers in trouble and/or create issues with the league, hurt the Lakers chances with FAs, or cause issues with other owners. I'd expect that RW is included in that as well considering he became a cancer last year.

Kobe, who always had a way of putting things in perspective and didn't have to worry about it...would have said something.

In short, there are things she'd like to call bullshit on...but can't...Kobe could and would.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I'm the Nets I'd much rather have Wiggins than Klay or Dray.
I think I heard they can have Simmons & Wiggins. They would have to ship Wiggins to a 3rd team so would a package of Poole, Kuminga, Wiseman and picks be enough…of course they would get something from a 3rd team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm...

Who is this subliminal aimed at?

So many suspects...

Pelinka, The Rambi?

Lebron?

Magic with that crack about the greatest Laker?

Westbrook?

Monk?

Cryptic shit.

I am guessing LeBron.

He has not signed an extension. With his situation up in the air how can you possibly plan? LeBron is probably saying he wants to wait to see what happens. The Lakers are probably saying we are not trading what little draft assets we have remaining if you are not committed.

She probably wants him to commit so they can move forward.

how can you plan when you have no idea if LeBron will be there or not?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RW is the LEAST likely. We all know the score with RW. They have tried to trade him to anyone that will listen.

I think overwhelmingly likely it is about LeBron's contract situation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing LeBron.

He has not signed an extension. With his situation up in the air how can you possibly plan? LeBron is probably saying he wants to wait to see what happens. The Lakers are probably saying we are not trading what little draft assets we have remaining if you are not committed.

She probably wants him to commit so they can move forward.

how can you plan when you have no idea if LeBron will be there or not?
Sounds like the exact same situation that was going down when CLE was interested in PG13

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

my guess? The Lakers have furiously trying to get LeBron to sign an extension but he wont do it.

They are trying to trade for Irving but Brooklyn is not ready to make a deal- and other teams might get involved. The Lakers might be able to pull it off but they would have to go for broke with the future picks they do have- and they dont want to do that without LeBron's signature on a new deal.

Again- its impossible to plan when you have no idea what LeBron is going to do---- and I am telling you- its not a good sign for LeBron staying if he has not signed an extension yet. He is going to make the Lakers make the first move and improve substantially before he signs.

I am not saying he is for-sure leaving- but the longer he go's without an extension - the more they will feel the heat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

my guess? The Lakers have furiously trying to get LeBron to sign an extension but he wont do it.

They are trying to trade for Irving but Brooklyn is not ready to make a deal- and other teams might get involved. The Lakers might be able to pull it off but they would have to go for broke with the future picks they do have- and they dont want to do that without LeBron's signature on a new deal.

Again- its impossible to plan when you have no idea what LeBron is going to do---- and I am telling you- its not a good sign for LeBron staying if he has not signed an extension yet. He is going to make the Lakers make the first move and improve substantially before he signs.

I am not saying he is for-sure leaving- but the longer he go's without an extension - the more they will feel the heat.
I dont blame him honestly. I didn’t blame him in CLE either

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

It is the same thing that happened in Cleveland.

2 picks in the future are immaterial.

You deal Westbrook for Kyrie and they have ab chance to win this season, and they have a chance to keep LeBron.

Fail to trade for Kyrie and they for sure lose LeBron next year.

It would honestly be foolish for LeBron to extend unless they get Kyrie, and Kyrie also extends.

It is all on the Lakers here. Yes, they need to take a risk without a commitment from LeBron.

But failing to act is pushing him out the door with 100% certainty.

Make the trade.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You deal Westbrook for Kyrie and they have ab chance to win this season, and they have a chance to keep LeBron.

It would honestly be foolish for LeBron to extend unless they get Kyrie, and Kyrie also extends.

It is all on the Lakers here. Yes, they need to take a risk without a commitment from LeBron.

Make the trade.

They'd be fools not to. Even with perfect health the Lakers are at best a 5 or 6 seed without Kyrie. I don't think they'd be a 1 or 2 but they'd be a team that if healthy can win a title provided their big 3 played to their capabilities.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I'm the Nets I'd much rather have Wiggins than Klay or Dray.

Alright, I think I got the perfect deal for these 2 teams:

Draymond, Wiseman, Kuminga, Poole

+ as many picks as it takes

For KD and Curry

Curry bros unite, KD back in GS, Brooklyn gets some quality young talent along with the picks. Draymond obviously not the piece they want, but he is salary filler.

This won’t happen, but I don’t think Brooklyn does much better than this.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I think I got the perfect deal for these 2 teams:

Draymond, Wiseman, Kuminga, Poole

+ as many picks as it takes

For KD and Curry

Curry bros unite, KD back in GS, Brooklyn gets some quality young talent along with the picks. Draymond obviously not the piece they want, but he is salary filler.

This won’t happen, but I don’t think Brooklyn does much better than this.

Getting the 3 young guns and Dray is a great deal for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make the trade.
its easy to say but its different when its your ass in the sling. I would not exactly feel comfortable risking a significant part of my teams future by counting on Kyrie. Even if they made a Kyrie trade tomorrow - there is no guarantee LeBron resigns.

I think they should do it to- but its not a simple matter. Especially with the re-worked lotto odds. One of the reasons they got Davis is their pick came in a lot higher than they anticipated. I believe the pick high pick they traded came in at #4- the guy they were eyeing to draft if they kept that pick was Darius Garland.

now we sit here- and I think the Lakers would have to seriously consider an AD for Garland trade if it was available considering AD's injury history and Garland's talent/growth.

If they trade for Kyrie- and LeBron does not immediately resign- and Irving does what he has done in the past- been a distraction, miss games, etc....then they are in some deep shit for a while

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing is Dray and Simmons is an awful fit. BKN buys him out and he goes back to GS on the minimum LOL

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make the trade.
I agree.

You have to do it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its easy to say but its different when its your ass in the sling. I would not exactly feel comfortable risking a significant part of my teams future by counting on Kyrie. Even if they made a Kyrie trade tomorrow - there is no guarantee LeBron resigns.

I think they should do it to- but its not a simple matter. Especially with the re-worked lotto odds. One of the reasons they got Davis is their pick came in a lot higher than they anticipated. I believe the pick high pick they traded came in at #4- the guy they were eyeing to draft if they kept that pick was Darius Garland.

now we sit here- and I think the Lakers would have to seriously consider an AD for Garland trade if it was available considering AD's injury history and Garland's talent/growth.

If they trade for Kyrie- and LeBron does not immediately resign- and Irving does what he has done in the past- been a distraction, miss games, etc....then they are in some deep shit for a while

Sure, that is the risk.

But they already put themselves in deep shit when they traded for Westbrook.

This is the possible out.

LeBron won’t make it easy, and he shouldn’t.

But it is only 2 picks.

Delaying the future rebuild by a couple years is a small price to pay for the upside that a Kyrie, LeBron, AD trio could provide.

And yes, I agree it is far from certain that the trio would pay off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...

what is stopping the NEts from telling Durant we arent trading you?

I mean- Durant, Irvnig, Simmons, Harris, Mills, etc. is pretty fucking good from at least a talent standpoint. The guy has 4 years on his deal. What is he gonna do? sit out?

If I was the Nets- unless I got a monster deal that was perfect- id tell him to kick rocks- and run it back one more year. They already have no picks- Houston has to be THRILLED right now. Absolutely thrilled. Houston is going to be a power in the West for years to come with their core and picks coming in once these guys develop

it is going to take a while- and take a lot of patience- but I think Houston is in phenomenal shape going forward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, that is the risk.

But they already put themselves in deep shit when they traded for Westbrook.

This is the possible out.

LeBron won’t make it easy, and he shouldn’t.

But it is only 2 picks.

Delaying the future rebuild by a couple years is a small price to pay for the upside that a Kyrie, LeBron, AD trio could provide.

And yes, I agree it is far from certain that the trio would pay off.
If Davis wasnt the tin man, and LeBron was 28 instead of 38, and Kyrie was not crazy - I would be more prone to agree.