• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags I know you want Bridges but I think y'all accomplished what you needed to. And y'all improved significantly.

Maybe a backup big but Tucker can play 5-6mpg as a backup C. Reed can play another 5-6mpg.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey- I think they should do the Kyrie trade too. All I am saying is that even if LeBron re-signs - he is not going to be there too much longer anyway and they are setting themselves up for some long term pain.

They didnt win a playoff game for 7 years- and that was with a good drafting record and all their picks- most of those picks have become pretty good- including the one big one they traded for Davis: Ball, Ingram, Randle, Garland, etc.

even if they have the money to sign huge free agents, filling out your team with no cap space and no picks for years on end is still not a recipe to win as we have seen.

what team has won it with just free agents? for sure not GSW, the Cavs, Toronto, Dallas, Spurs, Milwaukee, Miami. Every team had in place at least one guy, and usually two guys, or one guy and assets to trade for another guy.

honestly- I cant name one team who's top players were all FA's that actually won. Not one team.
I have been saying from the beginning that championships are built from the draft, selecting talented young players and keeping them, building a good-to-great defense, and sustaining a decent offense.

Trading away young players and future assets for FAs is a recipe for disaster in the long-term on a number of levels and the win-now mentality can get you in a heap of trouble that can hang around for years.

Granted they did win a championship by doing just that but now they are paying a heavy price by being stuck in lack-of and cap hell.

The way the icon has built a championship team wherever he has gone is to draft wisely, judiciously using FAs, to get a coaching staff who believes in the same pathway, and build your team based in defense as its foundation.

The Lakers are not on this path and only time will tell if they ever return to it to get the 18th Championship.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like there are things she would like to say about the NBA and everything going on in it that, as an owner, she can't say because it could get the Lakers in trouble and/or create issues with the league, hurt the Lakers chances with FAs, or cause issues with other owners. I'd expect that RW is included in that as well considering he became a cancer last year.

Kobe, who always had a way of putting things in perspective and didn't have to worry about it...would have said something.

In short, there are things she'd like to call bullshit on...but can't...Kobe could and would.
I would guess Lebron.

If what Woj is saying about the Lakers not making a serious offer is true, I could see that rubbing LeBron the wrong way if they are standing firm on not giving up picks.

Could also be a Klutch thing.

What if they wanted to bring Miles Bridges in?

PR nightmare that a female owner would bring a woman beater onboard.

All just guesses.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I wouldn't mind hearing we offered him the MLE on a 2-3 year deal.
No one would have thought last year we would have gotten OPJ on a vet Min either.

200.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess Lebron.

If what Woj is saying about the Lakers not making a serious offer is true, I could see that rubbing LeBron the wrong way if they are standing firm on not giving up picks.

Could also be a Klutch thing.

What if they wanted to bring Miles Bridges in?

PR nightmare that a female owner would bring a woman beater onboard.

All just guesses.

Yeah, it's all speculation...Woj says they haven't made a serious offer. But there are reports that they are negotiating and the Lakers are trying to get Curry instead of Harris and I think one of those came from Shams.

Then, there are reports that the Nets are focused on getting KD moved first.

And in the same tweet Woj says that there aren't any serious offers on KD either.

And didn't Windy say something about the Lakers trying to get both KD and Kyrie? lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's all speculation...Woj says they haven't made a serious offer. But there are reports that they are negotiating and the Lakers are trying to get Curry instead of Harris and I think one of those came from Shams.

Then, there are reports that the Nets are focused on getting KD moved first.

And in the same tweet Woj says that there aren't any serious offers on KD either.

And didn't Windy say something about the Lakers trying to get both KD and Kyrie? lol
Yeah, confusing.