• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...

what is stopping the NEts from telling Durant we arent trading you?

I mean- Durant, Irvnig, Simmons, Harris, Mills, etc. is pretty fucking good from at least a talent standpoint. The guy has 4 years on his deal. What is he gonna do? sit out?

If I was the Nets- unless I got a monster deal that was perfect- id tell him to kick rocks- and run it back one more year. They already have no picks- Houston has to be THRILLED right now. Absolutely thrilled. Houston is going to be a power in the West for years to come with their core and picks coming in once these guys develop

it is going to take a while- and take a lot of patience- but I think Houston is in phenomenal shape going forward.

It is why they are asking for established players and picks.

But in all honesty, if they are truly done with Kyrie, and it seems that they are, they are better off trading KD to the highest bidder anyway.

I tend to agree that the best course of action for the Nets is to give this group 1 more year, but it appears that nobody wants to do that anymore.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 of them have risk for sure.

In a way, it kind of makes them perfect for each other.
Hey- I think they should do the Kyrie trade too. All I am saying is that even if LeBron re-signs - he is not going to be there too much longer anyway and they are setting themselves up for some long term pain.

They didnt win a playoff game for 7 years- and that was with a good drafting record and all their picks- most of those picks have become pretty good- including the one big one they traded for Davis: Ball, Ingram, Randle, Garland, etc.

even if they have the money to sign huge free agents, filling out your team with no cap space and no picks for years on end is still not a recipe to win as we have seen.

what team has won it with just free agents? for sure not GSW, the Cavs, Toronto, Dallas, Spurs, Milwaukee, Miami. Every team had in place at least one guy, and usually two guys, or one guy and assets to trade for another guy.

honestly- I cant name one team who's top players were all FA's that actually won. Not one team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing LeBron.

He has not signed an extension. With his situation up in the air how can you possibly plan? LeBron is probably saying he wants to wait to see what happens. The Lakers are probably saying we are not trading what little draft assets we have remaining if you are not committed.

She probably wants him to commit so they can move forward.

how can you plan when you have no idea if LeBron will be there or not?
I've definitely seen that movie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Warriors have a decision on Wiseman's contract before October 31st. The option is for almost 13 million. If they decline it he becomes a UFA the following year. If they accept he becomes an RFA.

With the tax, and the signing of Looney, it should be interesting. I expect them to pick it up- even though itll mean about 3 times that in luxury tax- but itll be interesting to see.

with Poole coming up for a deal, and Wiggins UFA after this year, and Wiseman going into restricted free agency after this year- itll be VERY interesting to see who stays and who goes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I think I got the perfect deal for these 2 teams:

Draymond, Wiseman, Kuminga, Poole

+ as many picks as it takes

For KD and Curry

Curry bros unite, KD back in GS, Brooklyn gets some quality young talent along with the picks. Draymond obviously not the piece they want, but he is salary filler.

This won’t happen, but I don’t think Brooklyn does much better than this.
Man, not sure who gets in the mix but think Nets can do better than a potentially regressing Draymond, Poole and 2 youngsters who have not done all that much (1 a bigtime injury risk).

Maybe I'm wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, that is the risk.

But they already put themselves in deep shit when they traded for Westbrook.

This is the possible out.

LeBron won’t make it easy, and he shouldn’t.

But it is only 2 picks.

Delaying the future rebuild by a couple years is a small price to pay for the upside that a Kyrie, LeBron, AD trio could provide.

And yes, I agree it is far from certain that the trio would pay off.
why shouldn't Lebron make it easier if he really has any intention of staying or wanting to stay? Isn't to say the deal should not be made if he wont commit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, not sure who gets in the mix but think Nets can do better than a potentially regressing Draymond, Poole and 2 youngsters who have not done all that much (1 a bigtime injury risk).

Maybe I'm wrong.

Draymond not the value. Just filler.

Kuminga, Wiseman and Poole all more valuable than any short term pick they are getting from a team they are dealing KD too.

None of the teams bidding for KD can afford to gut their team to get him. And most contenders don’t have young talent like the Warriors do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why shouldn't Lebron make it easier if he really has any intention of staying or wanting to stay? Isn't to say the deal should not be made if he wont commit.

Because it might not work out and Kyrie is crazy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kuminga, Wiseman and Poole all more valuable than any short term pick they are getting from a team they are dealing KD too.

None of the teams bidding for KD can afford to gut their team to get him. And most contenders don’t have young talent like the Warriors do.
Depends who is bidding and where KD would agree to go. Sure, easy to say he doesn't have much choice and, yes, I'd love for one team to tell a player in this situation to kick rocks but we know that wont happen.

Thinking NO could offer something better as could Toronto off top of my head.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is the biggest idiot on TV
Toronto is one of the worlds most multicultural cities
This guy is an embarrassment

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it might not work out and Kyrie is crazy.
which is why maybe LA should not go all in with no Lebron commitment. But I think I would if I were them.

Not sure this is entirely the same as the Cavs situation was. Cavs would have been trading nutjob Kyrie and getting PG. I guess you could argue makes it seem more like the cavs should have done it with no commitment. Problem is it's Cleveland and easily could have then lost both Lebron and PG with no FAs willing to come here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who is bidding and where KD would agree to go. Sure, easy to say he doesn't have much choice and, yes, I'd love for one team to tell a player in this situation to kick rocks but we know that wont happen.

Thinking NO could offer something better as could Toronto off top of my head.

For sure there are teams that could beat that package.

The question is whether any other teams are willing to.

I have my doubts on that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, that is the risk.

But they already put themselves in deep shit when they traded for Westbrook.

This is the possible out.

LeBron won’t make it easy, and he shouldn’t.

But it is only 2 picks.

Delaying the future rebuild by a couple years is a small price to pay for the upside that a Kyrie, LeBron, AD trio could provide.

And yes, I agree it is far from certain that the trio would pay off.

Agree. There is the obvious risk that it may not work out, but that is better than going into the season with Westbrook knowing it won't work out.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They lost Payton and Porter. They do this trade and they have a nice starting 5 but not much else. Moody makes 6 guys. Bring back Iggy and Chiozza makes 8. Forgot about DiVincenzo.

The best role playing FA's have been snapped up, haven't they?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost Payton and Porter. They do this trade and they have a nice starting 5 but not much else. Moody makes 6 guys. Bring back Iggy and Chiozza makes 8. Forgot about DiVincenzo.

The best role playing FA's have been snapped up, haven't they?

That isn’t just a “nice” starting five.

It is hands down the best in the league by a wide margin.

Yes, depth would be an issue and injuries could derail them.

But that would be about the only thing that could.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. There is the obvious risk that it may not work out, but that is better than going into the season with Westbrook knowing it won't work out.

That is exactly how i felt about getting Deshaun Watson lol

Sure it's a risk, but having to watch Baker Mayfield sucks balls for one more season was driving me crazy. Probably how lakers fans feel about watching Westbrick.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly how i felt about getting Deshaun Watson lol

Sure it's a risk, but having to watch Baker Mayfield sucks balls for one more season was driving me crazy. Probably how lakers fans feel about watching Westbrick.
Baker was hurt and had a rough season. He didn't bitch out and not play, something some QB's would do it.

He gets the benefit of the doubt for playing hurt.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker was hurt and had a rough season. He didn't bitch out and not play, something some QB's would do it.

He gets the benefit of the doubt for playing hurt.

Either did Westbrook. I like Baker as a person, i just think he isn't very good at being a QB. Too short, can't pass well. Westbrook may be a nice guy as well, but when you can't shoot the ball in the hoop, you don't have much value on a contract like they both want are on.