• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando looks like its declining to tender an offer for Mo Bamba, so he's gonna be a unrestricted free agent.

He's a good buy low candidate imo for someone. He should have a lot of offers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando looks like its declining to tender an offer for Mo Bamba, so he's gonna be a unrestricted free agent.

Unfortunately, not us.....and we need a big.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, not us.....and we need a big.

There's an outside chance you could possibly convince him to come for the mle or maybe even take a vet min for 1 year to build up his value if he doesn't get significant offers. He should have offers but you never know, like how Nerlens Noel overestimated his value several years back and got left with nothing to choose from but vet mins. You could say something like "you'll have a bunch of playing time. you can play with Lebron who will make you better. Then enter the market next year with more value". But its an outside longshot. I'd be shocked if some team doesn't offer him something worthwhile above the 6 mil the Lakers could offer. Plus LA seems dead set on offering that to Monk, which I don't really get considering they have other needs. Monk is a small guard scorer, nothing more.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks could still do a sign-and-trade, which makes sense, bc the Knicks are so desperate. Flipping Randle for Brunson makes sense but the Mavs just acquired Wood. The problem is if the Mavs just lose Brunson they are still over the cap

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an outside chance you could possibly convince him to come for the mle or maybe even take a vet min for 1 year to build up his value if he doesn't get significant offers. He should have offers but you never know, like how Nerlens Noel overestimated his value several years back and got left with nothing to choose from but vet mins. You could say something like "you'll have a bunch of playing time. you can play with Lebron who will make you better. Then enter the market next year with more value". But its an outside longshot. I'd be shocked if some team doesn't offer him something worthwhile above the 6 mil the Lakers could offer. Plus LA seems dead set on offering that to Monk, which I don't really get considering they have other needs. Monk is a small guard scorer, nothing more.
Monk is the sniper they need with LeBron. And he was actually a bright spot for them last season, had some really good games. Especially the season ender.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks could still do a sign-and-trade, which makes sense, bc the Knicks are so desperate. Flipping Randle for Brunson makes sense but the Mavs just acquired Wood. The problem is if the Mavs just lose Brunson they are still over the cap
Randle is from Dallas, isn't he?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did something on the trade machine that allows Charlotte to dump major salary:
Hornets get RW
Sixers get Hayward and Plumlee
Lakers get Tobias Harris Furkan Korkmaz and James Bouknight

Trade worked with the trade machine.
3 bad contracts getting moved. Sixers and Lakers get a better fit with a bad contract coming in that fits better. Hornets only take on the expiring of RW for one year that sets up their extensions.
@tlance

Thoughts?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Bamba is getting the non-tax MLE kind of money?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did something on the trade machine that allows Charlotte to dump major salary:
Hornets get RW
Sixers get Hayward and Plumlee
Lakers get Tobias Harris Furkan Korkmaz and James Bouknight

Trade worked with the trade machine.
3 bad contracts getting moved. Sixers and Lakers get a better fit with a bad contract coming in that fits better. Hornets only take on the expiring of RW for one year that sets up their extensions.
It’s good for all 3 teams, all depends on Charlotte obviously. Do they really want Russ that bad for the one year? It would help them get off the Hayward contract and like you said, the timing is important

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for the Lakers.

I trust you on your judgement for why that might help Philly, but Charlotte would need picks back too.

Maybe a 1st from both teams with an extra 2 from LA?
Agree on picks. The key for Charlotte is that they get 47.5 million cleaned off their cap in time for their extensions for their young players kick in. I can see a future one from both squads to make it happen.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for the Lakers.

I trust you on your judgement for why that might help Philly, but Charlotte would need picks back too.

Maybe a 1st from both teams with an extra 2 from LA?
Ask fightin, he designed it. I was more interested in your thoughts of Harris with James and AD.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on picks. The key for Charlotte is that they get 47.5 million cleaned off their cap in time for their extensions for their young players kick in. I can see a future one from both squads to make it happen.
Beat me to it.

Yeah, I'd prefer we not give up both.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s good for all 3 teams, all depends on Charlotte obviously. Do they really want Russ that bad for the one year? It would help them get off the Hayward contract and like you said, the timing is important
I agree the Hornets would be the toughest projection. As tlance pointed out, may have to send Jordan picks for sweetener. Then again, Jordan is in over his head so he may not know enough to ask.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask fightin, he designed it. I was more interested in your thoughts of Harris with James and AD.
It’s a good fit. Much better than Russ. If Monk comes back Harris is good in a #3 or #4 role

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rely on Powell as a 3rd option more than Wall
He knows not what he speaks of.
Love that move for WASH. Barton just needs to stay healthy, getting Morris is a win in itself. I like KCP in Denver too.
Both teams got better.

Monte is a cheap starter who can still improve.

I really wanted him before we got Wall.