• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good fit. Much better than Russ. If Monk comes back Harris is good in a #3 or #4 role
I'd think Harris would be the 3rd guy.....Monk a shooter so he'd be #4.

Still need a C and 4-5 guys for the bench since we get 2 other guys in Harris trade.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it.

Yeah, I'd prefer we not give up both.
Lakers benefit the most here. They shed the worst situation in the NBA when you assess size of contract and poor fit with the existing roster and they actually get back usable value in return. Tobias Harris is the best player you could ever dream of in fixing the problem your front office created.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Bamba is getting the non-tax MLE kind of money?

Above the 6 mil the Lakers can, yeah. I'd be willing to invest 8 to 10 per year for him. He's young enough and shown enough flashes to where I think its worth the gamble. Some games he's looked like trash, other games he looks like a very productive starting center

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks could still do a sign-and-trade, which makes sense, bc the Knicks are so desperate. Flipping Randle for Brunson makes sense but the Mavs just acquired Wood. The problem is if the Mavs just lose Brunson they are still over the cap
They'd get a trade exception.

So, they would have a year to fill that 25 million dollar hole.

Knicks have cap space.

So, Dallas wouldn't need to take anyone back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe anything Jake Fischer says but this actually makes sense. His team is pushing for $20+ year and the Cavs offfered $17M/year

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask fightin, he designed it. I was more interested in your thoughts of Harris with James and AD.

Works great!

He can play his natural position alongside AD. Provides shooting and a 3rd scorer.

Think AD would need to play a lot more 5 though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above the 6 mil the Lakers can, yeah. I'd be willing to invest 8 to 10 per year for him. He's young enough and shown enough flashes to where I think its worth the gamble. Some games he's looked like trash, other games he looks like a very productive starting center
Yep. If guys like Zubac and Plumlee get 9-11 million, it’s about right to project Bamba value at 10 million.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers benefit the most here. They shed the worst situation in the NBA when you assess size of contract and poor fit with the existing roster and they actually get back usable value in return. Tobias Harris is the best player you could ever dream of in fixing the problem your front office created.

The trade you came up with works well and your logic is solid. But for apparently foolish reasons, the Lakers seem deadset on not taking back long term salary in any kind of Westbrook trade. Even with Harris having 2 years left, the credible talk around the franchise seems like they wouldn't be down for that. Completely unrealistic to expect to deal Westbrook without giving up picks and/or taking back longer salary, but that's where we're at right now

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe anything Jake Fischer says but this actually makes sense. His team is pushing for $20+ year and the Cavs offfered $17M/year

The comp to Clarkson leaked to the guy tells us his role he would play. They’re gonna bring him off the bench. I just assumed he would start alongside Garland. Maybe you guys better clued into Cavs already had that vision but this is new to me. I like a guy like Sexton coming off the bench to work the subs. He can be a game changing factor in that role.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade you came up with works well and your logic is solid. But for apparently foolish reasons, the Lakers seem deadset on not taking back long term salary in any kind of Westbrook trade. Even with Harris having 2 years left, the credible talk around the franchise seems like they wouldn't be down for that. Completely unrealistic to expect to deal Westbrook without giving up picks and/or taking back longer salary, but that's where we're at right now
I just read Buddy is the target.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the non-tax is $10.2M. Yeah I think he can command that for a short deal. He's still a young player, he isn't sacrificing for the $6M imo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the non-tax is $10.2M. Yeah I think he can command that for a short deal. He's still a young player, he isn't sacrificing for the $6M imo
Bulls trying to get him too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to be honest, I get that and voiced that earlier today. They shouldn’t want to take on salary. They take one more swing with that money coming off next year. But a franchise like the Lakers can’t project a message that they aren’t trying and will have a lost season. They’re still not too far removed from the lottery days post Kobe.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comp to Clarkson leaked to the guy tells us his role he would play. They’re gonna bring him off the bench. I just assumed he would start alongside Garland. Maybe you guys better clued into Cavs already had that vision but this is new to me. I like a guy like Sexton coming off the bench to work the subs. He can be a game changing factor in that role.
I always figured he would be the 6th man in a high minute role. It makes sense. While he won't be the starter he will get starter minutes and the money is there, what not to like. I agree, I want him being mainly in the 2nd unit lineup as either a PG or 2nd ballhandler that can score and hopefully keep improving as a facilitator.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to be honest, I get that and voiced that earlier today. They shouldn’t want to take on salary. They take one more swing with that money coming off next year. But a franchise like the Lakers can’t project a message that they aren’t trying and will have a lost season. They’re still not too far removed from the lottery days post Kobe.

Looking over the trade again, why would Philly want Hayward? At least Harris plays. Hayward might theoretically fit in better with the team they are trying to put together, but he's also hurt...a lot.