• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks and Lakers are always there lol. Rockets, Bulls and TWolves make the most sense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man would love to shop from this roster. Their spare parts that get in their way would be nice pieces on the Sixers:
Harrison Barnes
Rashaun Holmes
Justin Holliday

I think Kings are also under the cap so they may only have to send Barnes (must include because of highest salary) and then one of Holliday or Holmes. If I get all 3:
Harden
Maxey
Barnes
Tucker
Embiid

Melton Holliday Thybulle Niang Holmes

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works great!

He can play his natural position alongside AD. Provides shooting and a 3rd scorer.

Think AD would need to play a lot more 5 though.
AD would have to. Even if he doesn't like it. Longer contract stunting our cap space but think it works. And James can play SF instead of PF.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Harris would be the 3rd guy.....Monk a shooter so he'd be #4.

Still need a C and 4-5 guys for the bench since we get 2 other guys in Harris trade.
If I'm the Lakers, I'd watch the Brogdon situation very closely.

He is running out of destinations.

Clippers got Wall, Wiz got Monte Morris...

He's down to the loser in the Brunson derby and Dallas already has Dinwiddie.

Maybe a new team pops up.

But, I'd circle back with another offer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injury prone. Backed off wanting him tbh. All we need is to have him hurt and then James or AD or all 3 hurt at same time

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man would love to shop from this roster. Their spare parts that get in their way would be nice pieces on the Sixers:
Harrison Barnes
Rashaun Holmes
Justin Holliday

I think Kings are also under the cap so they may only have to send Barnes (must include because of highest salary) and then one of Holliday or Holmes. If I get all 3:
Harden
Maxey
Barnes
Tucker
Embiid

Melton Holliday Thybulle Niang Holmes
Clippers.were looking at Holmes too.

But, we can't fit him into our 9.7 mil trade exception.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers benefit the most here. They shed the worst situation in the NBA when you assess size of contract and poor fit with the existing roster and they actually get back usable value in return. Tobias Harris is the best player you could ever dream of in fixing the problem your front office created.
I agree.

Harris is a good player and solid pro.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the trade again, why would Philly want Hayward? At least Harris plays. Hayward might theoretically fit in better with the team they are trying to put together, but he's also hurt...a lot.
I think dude is due to have a healthy year. It’s a smaller contract. It’s a better fit. It clears up a starting spot for Tucker who fits better as a 4 than a 3. You also take back Plumlee who is fine for 8-10 playoff minutes in a back up role. Doc Rivers is my coach and he hates young players and doesn’t trust them enough to develop them. I would run Bassey and teach him how to be a 10-12 minute man. I think he’s a player. But the Sixers aren’t me. Same exit time Harris/ Hayward (23-24) and $10 less million per year. Sixers have been floating that Harris contract for seemingly 15-16 months and haven’t found any takers. Time to be real about things.

Last edited:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks could still do a sign-and-trade, which makes sense, bc the Knicks are so desperate. Flipping Randle for Brunson makes sense but the Mavs just acquired Wood. The problem is if the Mavs just lose Brunson they are still over the cap
@Mecca & I talked about this a while back... and I would still entertain it even with Wood. Mavs were going to be over the cap anyway and Cuban knew it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury prone. Backed off wanting him tbh. All we need is to have him hurt and then James or AD or all 3 hurt at same time
Well, unless Rob learned to move in silence, I haven't heard rumblings of the Lakers doing anything substantial, outside of giving the Midlevel to Otto Porter, not Monk.

Lakers could be left holding their dicks again.

But, maybe the front office patched up the leaks?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade you came up with works well and your logic is solid. But for apparently foolish reasons, the Lakers seem deadset on not taking back long term salary in any kind of Westbrook trade. Even with Harris having 2 years left, the credible talk around the franchise seems like they wouldn't be down for that. Completely unrealistic to expect to deal Westbrook without giving up picks and/or taking back longer salary, but that's where we're at right now

If the lakers were serious aboht winning this year this is probably a path where they got Harris and Gordon Hayward

But they seem insistent on throwing this away for potential cap space next summer

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think dude is due to have a healthy year. It’s a smaller contract. It’s a better fit. It clears up a starting spot for Tucker who fits better as a 3 than a 4. You also take back Plumlee who is fine for 8-10 playoff minutes in a back up role. Doc Rivers is my coach and he hates young players and doesn’t trust them enough to develop them. I would run Bassey and teach him how to be a 10-12 minute man. I think he’s a player. But the Sixers aren’t me. Same exit time Harris/ Hayward (23-24) and $10 less million per year. Sixers have been floating that Harris contract for seemingly 15-16 months and haven’t found any takers. Time to be real about things.
Its been a shitshow for Gordon since game 1 with the Celtics.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the trade again, why would Philly want Hayward? At least Harris plays. Hayward might theoretically fit in better with the team they are trying to put together, but he's also hurt...a lot.

Hayward plus pj tucker for Harris is how it would work out

They need to clear room for tucker since they will be hardcapped with that deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kyrie is a Net, it's really the only "option" left for LA. Brogdon and Hield, two bad contracts, for the worst contract in the NBA. I would throw in 2 future picks if needed bc both those guys fit and immediately make the Lakers SO much better. Give the farm to Indy, they aren't winning anything this year. Then Indy can sell high on Turner and rebuild with their young core. Let Russ sit the bench LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald Trump Laugh GIF by Election 2020