• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed a guy that destroys franchises then traded a ton for another guy that destroys franchises. Signed another guy that is a follower and would leave if the others left. 3 great choices by Brooklyn.

It sounds like they aren't getting much for Kyrie. So they need to resign Bruce Brown and Claxton then shoot for the moon with the KD return then at least they will be serviceable after all these mistakes.

Brown, Claxton, Curry, Simmons and the KD return is at least a start. They can trade Joe Harris too. Could be much worse.
Brown is getting paid more than what the Nets can offer I believe. And the Nets have seemingly moved on from Claxton.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is getting paid more than what the Nets can offer I believe. And the Nets have seemingly moved on from Clayton.
Well, this is from his own mouth, just like what you and @trojanfan12 said.

But, be still left himself an out.

He COULD be more comfy...

Lets SEE what other teams want me....

Malik Monk said he’d consider accepting less money than his market price to stay with the Lakers for the taxpayer midlevel exception. “They might not be able to pay me as much as I want,” he said. “But I could be here and be way more comfortable as a Laker than going to any other team (that would pay) me $5 million more. So it’s just me trying to figure out what team would really want me.”

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca, what do you think the Suns would trade to land KD?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m tired of seeing teams get completely fd by these guys but at some point they have to wise up and make an example of someone.

It's a bit of a catch-22. I'm all for players being able to play where they want, especially when the are FA's.

I also don't really have a problem with them asking to be traded while under contract because the team has the right to trade them while they are under contract.

Where I do start to have a problem though, is with players refusing to play and/or doing things like we've seen Harden do to get moved.

If you're under contractand want out, go to your team, let them know and try to work something out behind the scenes.

Reactions: DJ

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, how can you force a player to opt in exactly?
He has until Wednesday to do so, just wait is what I’m saying.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the only way the Lakers were getting Kryrie from day one, if he forces his way to LA. Definitely more of a possibility now.
The Nets aren't taking Westbrook back.

Smart of both teams to let Kyrie's agent do all the work seeking a sign and trade.

But, do you know who his agent is?

His Step mom, I bullshit you not...lol

She isn't leaving her percentage of a max bag on the table by letting Kyrie take the 6 mil exception.

This would be her first commission because he hired her in March.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much illegal tampering is already going on?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is from his own mouth, just like what you and @trojanfan12 said.

But, be still left himself an out.

He COULD be more comfy...

Lets SEE what other teams want me....

Malik Monk said he’d consider accepting less money than his market price to stay with the Lakers for the taxpayer midlevel exception. “They might not be able to pay me as much as I want,” he said. “But I could be here and be way more comfortable as a Laker than going to any other team (that would pay) me $5 million more. So it’s just me trying to figure out what team would really want me.”

Assuming he really is willing to stay for less, he's definitely leaving himself an out...as he should. He also made it clear that he expects the TPMLE, so if the Lakers decided to give that to someone else...or Kyrie decides he'll leave $30 million on the table...he gone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, how can you force a player to opt in exactly?

About the only thing that I can think of would be to tell him they won't discuss an extension until he opts in. It still leaves the decision up to Kyrie, but it puts a little more pressure on him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only thing that I can think of would be to tell him they won't discuss an extension until he opts in. It still leaves the decision up to Kyrie, but it puts a little more pressure on him.
They already offered him a pretty fair extension (from a tweet that was posted on here in the last 48 hours)....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not discuss an extension or a trade. He’s gone but you damn sure don’t have to bend over and make it easy on him.