• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him playing at a high level for a couple more years so playing 4 years isn’t crazy. The question is, does he want to. Maybe he wants to leave while he still one of the best in the league and not while he is declining. If that’s the case, 2-3 years. He’s still got plenty. He just averaged 30, 6, 8 at 37.
He's said numerous times he'd like to play long enough for a season with Bronny. This isn't some secret.

LeBron is signed one more year with LA, right? He plays there this year. He re-ups for a 1 and 1 or if he wants to try to get another ring jumps to Cleveland for a 1 and 1. After that year (Bronny's freshman college year), he has the and-1 option. If that team (LA, Cleveland) says they'll draft Bronny to wave a towel he stays, if not he goes to a team that will.

He'll still be a top 20 player in that 3rd year IMO

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trading for that contract.

Yeah, that's not a thing any more in today's NBA. People said that about Chris Paul a few years ago and he got traded twice. Same about Westbrook and he's been dealt multiple times as well and could be again. No contract is untradeable any more. And with a player like Beal, who is still all star caliber in his prime, he'd definitely have suitors.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know man.

Good chance that is how it plays out.

But I have been shocked every year he hasn’t demanded a trade.

I won’t be shocked if he is still playing for the Wizards in 2026.

I think that had more to do with wanting the supermax than actually wanting to be in Washington. To be eligible for the super, he has to stay with his original team. He'll want out eventually. I'm actually not certain he can be traded in the first year after signing the super max though. So maybe not 6 months from now he'll ask out, but I bet next summer he will.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At $50 million a year?!? He stuck in Washington for the foreseeable future.

More incentive to get him some help and trade for Brogdon...

Sure.

But it still won’t be for the price you want the Wizards to pay.

Brogdon is a bad contract.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him playing at a high level for a couple more years so playing 4 years isn’t crazy. The question is, does he want to. Maybe he wants to leave while he still one of the best in the league and not while he is declining. If that’s the case, 2-3 years. He’s still got plenty. He just averaged 30, 6, 8 at 37.

Exactly.

Does he want to

With Bronny dropping like a rock in the rankings, he might have to play 5 more years to get his son that NBA contract.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that had more to do with wanting the supermax than actually wanting to be in Washington. To be eligible for the super, he has to stay with his original team. He'll want out eventually. I'm actually not certain he can be traded in the first year after signing the super max though. So maybe not 6 months from now he'll ask out, but I bet next summer he will.

Maybe.

But he really should have asked to be traded 2 years ago. And again this year.

Acquiring team would have had Bird rights.

He has never asked to be traded. He legit likes it in Washington. Not totally sure why, but he does.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly can't decide if I actually want this to happen or not.

On the one hand...a healthy Lebron and AD with an engaged Kyrie would put the Lakers right smack in the middle of the title convo and with the right roster fillers, make them favorites.

On the other hand...it could be so much drama that it would make last year feel like the good ol' days. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the one hand...a healthy Lebron and AD with an engaged Kyrie would put the Lakers right smack in the middle of the title convo and with the right roster fillers, make them favorites.

On the other hand...it could be so much drama that it would make last year feel like the good ol' days. lol
Oh come on, you have to want it for the drama alone :)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, for LA this is really better than any scenario they could have dreamt.

1. Huge upgrade from Russ and the trio, if healthy, is the best in the NBA
2. Kyrie if he wants to join LA, that means he reconciled with Lebron and we saw how much success they had together. Add in AD...that is lethal.

They just have to grab better role players and shooters if they do somehow pull it off.

The thing is Kyrie is always drama but it's not like Russ wasn't either, he was a different kind of drama. He was so bad and fit was so bad he was continuously getting booed and torched from the fans and media.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, for LA this is really better than any scenario they could have dreamt.

1. Huge upgrade from Russ and the trio, if healthy, is the best in the NBA
2. Kyrie if he wants to join LA, that means he reconciled with Lebron and we saw how much success they had together. Add in AD...that is lethal.

They just have to grab better role players and shooters if they do somehow pull it off.

The thing is Kyrie is always drama but it's not like Russ wasn't either, he was a different kind of drama. He was so bad and fit was so bad he was continuously getting booed and torched from the fans and media.

Agree, which is why I'm not really against it.

Also, while I believe there are some Covid mandates in LA, the Staples Center is exempted, so he would be playing in more than half of their games unless he finds some other cause that keeps him from playing. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick just reported that Kyrie has asked for and been granted permission by the Nets to look for a sign and trade.

Pretty sure the Lakers will give him what he wants if they can get Westbrook moved.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick just reported that Kyrie has asked for and been granted permission by the Nets to look for a sign and trade.

Pretty sure the Lakers will give him what he wants if the can get Westbrook moved.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real genius’s up there if they finally figured that out. On the radio I’m hearing Irving is telling them to trade him to the Lakers and to do it now.