• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because KD and what they have there isn't winning anything.

Not sure where I heard it but the Bucks would be an intersting spot for KD. Not sure what they would trade that would make sense for the Nets but Giannis and KD? That would be a really good 1-2 punch.
MIL has a good thing with their big 3. Not happening. I just don’t see many options. A lot of teams would give up a ton for KD but does he want to go there and will they be a contender after giving up assets. Little to no teams can do that

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIL has a good thing with their big 3. Not happening. I just don’t see many options. A lot of teams would give up a ton for KD but does he want to go there and will they be a contender after giving up assets. Little to no teams can do that
Oh, I'm not saying the Bucks have to do it but you're always looking to get better.

I think KD and Giannis would be absolute dynamite together.....and depending on what it took to get him? KD and Giannis could be looking at least 2 titles back to back, maybe a 3-peat.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD isn't without blame IMO. Ever since he got there.....he's been hurt. He needs to take better care of his body.....

He was also literally a big toe away from winning the title last year

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it’s Middleton I think they’d consider it.

Or at least should

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP would be redundant for Indy IMO. They have shooters in Hield and Duarte, especially at the guard position.
He's an expiring that would not need the ball in his hands i/e Brogdon.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with the Wizards trading for Brogdon.

That isn’t my issue.

I am even okay with the players Washington is sending.

You aren’t getting a pick on top though.

Because Brogdon’s trade value is negative. Rui + KCP is neutral or slightly positive.

Indy needs to add the pick to make that deal happen.
Believe it or not I'm actually worried that Pritchard is looking to squeeze more out of the Wiz than he should, in that the opportunity may pass us if he don't act in the real world now. No reason that Rui, KCP, and the Dallas second rounder is not fair for both teams.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not I'm actually worried that Pritchard is looking to squeeze more out of the Wiz than he should, in that the opportunity may pass us if he don't act in the real world now. No reason that Rui, KCP, and the Dallas second rounder is not fair for both teams.
LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s Middleton I think they’d consider it.

Or at least should
I think BKN would consider teams with younger players before Middleton and MIL doesn’t have young pieces that are very valuable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'd be Middleton, Holiday and a few 1st's for KD and another contract.
That would be stupid giving up Holiday and Middleton. KD is great but he isn’t better than what those two pieces offer. I guess it’s all hypothetical anyway. I think MIL would be next to last on teams willing to trade for him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are shopping Irving I think it's clear KD doesn't want him there, especially after Irving sitting out a lot of games this past season.

But then why is the speculation that KD would want out soon after?

That implies that KD DOES want Kyrie there and that maybe the Nets are done with Kyrie anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just told you why.

KCP + Rui has significantly more trade value than Brogdon

That is why it is not fair.

You are only evaluating on court play with zero consideration to the contracts. Trade value is 100% dependent on the contract.

Yes, Brogdon is the best player in the deal. But he is injury prone and making too much money given that he can’t stay healthy.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That implies that KD DOES want Kyrie there and that maybe the Nets are done with Kyrie anyway.
No, it means he realizes there's no chance of winning there and wants to move on. It has just dawned on him that pairing with Irving was a mistake.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be stupid giving up Holiday and Middleton. KD is great but he isn’t better than what those two pieces offer. I guess it’s all hypothetical anyway. I think MIL would be next to last on teams willing to trade for him
Probably right but I heard it somewhere earlier this week.

But, I disagree.....KD and Giannis plus what they have left after shipping out Middleton and Holiday plus whatever vet minimum guys that would flock there? That'd be the next dynasty. Giannis is smack dab in his prime and even an injury prone KD (since getting to the Nets at least) gives them a really fucking good 1-2 punch. It'd be like Kobe and Shaq and a buncha role players.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the distinct impression that Kyrie to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade would be this year's Westbrook mess. The Lakers would surely be Headcase Central. No I think Kyrie should stay in Brooklyn and let KD walk to a number of locations one of which would not be the Lakers. The Heat or the Bucks maybe would be a better fit for KD.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are a package. KD only went to BK because of kyrie