• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely worth it, just sayin, Russ is a different case BUT if they somehow flipped Russ for Kyrie they would be favs to win it
I don't know about that.

We'd have 7 players in James, AD, Irving, THT, Nunn, Stanley Johnson, and Wenyen Gabriel. We'd need some players to fill out the roster......and the right ones to boot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What article?

Only Beal trade I've seen involving the Lakers was for Westbrook's contract and a couple of 1st rounders.

I did see something about Simmons for Westbrook.

But, no 3 team trade.

So, You are debating over a article that you DIDN'T READ and don't have any idea of the moving pieces?

You mentioned the Beal part with no context on what they'd get besides cap space and are confused why I would say it's a complete shit deal for Washington?

Yes, you are all over the place.

It was an article on Fansided that came was fed into my phone. I just skimmed over it because I hate trying to read articles and shit on my phone.

I mentioned Beal part and also specifically said, multiple times, including in the post you quoted, that I don't know what else was included because I didn't read the whole thing and that I would assume that the Wizards wouldn't be trading him for cap space.

So no, I'm not all over the place. You just keepresponding to things I never said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, it isn't just about Kyrie and Lebron reconciled. What about KD and Russ. KD left OKC bc he couldn't win with Russ. So if BKN trades for Russ that is just another added factor, are they really going to do something to upset their star player? Add in the Kyrie-Lebron relationship and terrible contract by Russ.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, it isn't just about Kyrie and Lebron reconciled. What about KD and Russ. KD left OKC bc he couldn't win with Russ. So if BKN trades for Russ that is just another added factor, are they really going to do something to upset their star player? Add in the Kyrie-Lebron relationship and terrible contract by Russ.
It was already mentioned that KD might have gone to management and said get Irving out of here. Since Irving was absent most of the season because of his refusal to be vaccinated. At least KD can say he was hurt.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point.

I think that would be a signal hat Durant is available.

But, I honestly think this is all posturing and Kyrie will be in Brooklyn.

Remember when it was reported that the Bulls might not wanna give Lavine the max?

All that shit went away when the Lakers rumors started.

But, this is Kyrie.

So, you never know with that Dude.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's matured?

Dude, would we be having this.debate if that was the case?

Why do you think Brooklyn refuses to give him a long contact?
Did someone really infer that Kyrie has matured? Come on DJ, you aren’t dumb.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already mentioned that KD might have gone to management and said get Irving out of here. Since Irving was absent most of the season because of his refusal to be vaccinated. At least KD can say he was hurt.
Not by me....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember saying " Lebron would never come to the Lakers alone".

He did.

I also wasn't on that Island by myself.

To be fair to those who said that...he "kinda" came to the Lakers alone.

I think part of the deal was that if it worked with the kids, they'd just make "strategic changes" to the roster, but if it didn't...they'd go after a star. Unfortunately, just when they all started actually playing fairly well together...Lebron got hurt and the kids couldn't keep their heads above water without him, which sealed their fate.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point.

I think that would be a signal hat Durant is available.

But, I honestly think this is all posturing and Kyrie will be in Brooklyn.

Remember when it was reported that the Bulls might not wanna give Lavine the max?

All that shit went away when the Lakers rumors started.

But, this is Kyrie.

So, you never know with that Dude.
The Nets deal Irving and they just might decide to blow it all up and rebuild since those 2 didn't lead them to a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's been one of my points when it comes to the folks who have suggested Westbrook for Kyrie.

I have no doubt that Lebron would welcome a Kyrie reunion...but unless something has changed drastically that we don't know about...I can't imagine a world where KD wants to play with Westbrook again. Especially after all of the shit he endured getting away from Westbrook.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been one of my points when it comes to the folks who have suggested Westbrook for Kyrie.

I have no doubt that Lebron would welcome a Kyrie reunion...but unless something has changed drastically that we don't know about...I can't imagine a world where KD wants to play with Westbrook again. Especially after all of the shit he endured getting away from Westbrook.
All true, and while LeBron I could see being happy to reunite with Kyrie, I just don't see the reverse at all.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin said that's what Durant needs to do.

Unless I'm watching the wrong segment and he said it elsewhere.

Ps. The Kyrie trade he's discussing is actually the one you suggested, for Anthony Davis.... Not sure about a pick.

But, the minute he mentioned having Westbrook and Kyrie for a Season, I stopped listening... Lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin said that's what Durant needs to do.

Unless I'm watching the wrong segment and he said it elsewhere.

Ps. The Kyrie trade he's discussing is actually the one you suggested, for Anthony Davis.... Not sure about a pick.

I'd want Irving (even with all his issues) over KD. KD is 33 and injury prone.

And will be making 50 mill at age 37 when he probably plays in 30-35 games.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'd be half a season maybe.....they could flip him at the deadline or buy him out before the season.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd want Irving (even with all his issues) over KD. KD is 33 and injury prone.

And will be making 50 mill at age 37 when he probably plays in 30-35 games.
Bruh KD is so much better of a player overall though. This is not a good take.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true, and while LeBron I could see being happy to reunite with Kyrie, I just don't see the reverse at all.

I could based on Kyrie fairly recently saying that he was too immature to understand Lebron at that time. But I do agree that there would be more interest from Lebron than Kyrie.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to those who said that...he "kinda" came to the Lakers alone.

I think part of the deal was that if it worked with the kids, they'd just make "strategic changes" to the roster, but if it didn't...they'd go after a star. Unfortunately, just when they all started actually playing fairly well together...Lebron got hurt and the kids couldn't keep their heads above water without him, which sealed their fate.
Nah, gotta keep it real.

I meant, without a top free agent/trade upon signing.

I know they were trying to get Davis.

But, I thought he would pull a Kawhi.

Klaw wasn't signing first and letting them work it out later.

I thought LeBron would stay in Ohio or go to the 76ers.