• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sick of the "Lakers fans always..." bullshit narrative. @tlance is usually better than that. But not today apparently. Says it's an asinine discussion, but can't seem to keep himself out of it.

Jealousy can be a bitch, lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunson (in a sign and trade), plus a contract, and picks for Beal would be interesting also.

Luka and Beal would be really good.
Huh? 3 team trade?

WAS doesn't want picks for Beal unless we are talking a top 3 or something along those lines but with any of those teams they have to take back salary. Not happening

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are all over the place with this.

I am saying they would rather have Beal over cap.

That was the entire crux of my argument.

They are giving up the most value and getting the least return.

Yes.

They can use the space to trade for a good player.

But, they couldn't get one better than the one they have.

So, what would be the point?

That's my whole point.

As for getting other teams involved, sure.

But, Did anyone post a hypothetical of what that might look like?

It's possible I missed it.
Everyone has a TF12 or DJ moment from time to time

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that? His recent comments seem to suggest different.

He's not claiming to have any sources, but Cowherd is saying that he thinks this Kyrie stuff is the result of KD quietly going to the Nets FO and saying "get this guy outta here".
And that would not be surprising in the least

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is: why would the Lakers want him?

You saw him play in Cleveland and how good he was. Plus, he best, most stable years were with Lebron. As @wildturkey said half a year of Kyrie is better than a full year of Westbrook...that's why.

Is it worth it?

That's the million dollar question. If he gets his shit together and actually plays...yes. If it's more of what we've seen since he left that Cavs...not so much.

Can they even maneuver a trade?

Most likely not. But they have to practice due diligence. The worst thing that could happen to them would be for them not to look into it and then have some NBA exec say that there was a possibility and the Lakers didn't explore it.
None of that makes sense other than Russ being washed and in a horrible contract but that is against LA at this point. A trade including Russ is extremely unlikely and that is counting a Wall-Russ swap...that's how bad it is.

One of the reason that a Wall trade won't happen is because of the Rockets insistence on the Lakers adding a first round pick. Walls contract might be the only one worse than Westbrooks. A straight up trade would just be moving your furniture around and pretending you got new stuff. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sick of the "Lakers fans always..." bullshit narrative. @tlance is usually better than that. But not today apparently. Says it's an asinine discussion, but can't seem to keep himself out of it.
I've never said anything like that.

* not that you suggested it *

But, yeah....I have seen it.

I think it's because your fan base is so large that you get a ton of crazies.

But, most of you here are pretty reasonable.

Again: In the past, y'all have stolen players to the point where charges should be brought against you.

But, this Westbrook situation is different because of his salary.

Also, on top of the anti-Lakers sentiment, I think there could be a anti-Pelinka issue.

Is that something that gets discussed in LA?

Because, they eat that shit up here.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw him play in Cleveland and how good he was. Plus, he best, most stable years were with Lebron. As @wildturkey said half a year of Kyrie is better than a full year of Westbrook...that's why.

That's the million dollar question. If he gets his shit together and actually plays...yes. If it's more of what we've seen since he left that Cavs...not so much.

Most likely not. But they have to practice due diligence. The worst thing that could happen to them would be for them not to look into it and then have some NBA exec say that there was a possibility and the Lakers didn't explore it.

One of the reason that a Wall trade won't happen is because of the Rockets insistence on the Lakers adding a first round pick. Walls contract might be the only one worse than Westbrooks. A straight up trade would just be moving your furniture around and pretending you got new stuff. lol
Kyrie for Westbrook is a no brainer, unless LeBron says no.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like some people say this every time with Kyrie.

In Cleveland he was blessed with playing with one of the most unselfish stars in NBA history and they were winning. Nope he asks to be traded.
Boston is a fresh start, they have a tough-minded coach -he will buy in. Traded
He will love being in Brooklyn with one of his best friends and he wants to win. Nets are looking to trade him.

The question is: why would the Lakers want him? Is it worth it? Can they even maneuver a trade? None of that makes sense other than Russ being washed and in a horrible contract but that is against LA at this point. A trade including Russ is extremely unlikely and that is counting a Wall-Russ swap...that's how bad it is.
Not to mention, Kyrie was young then and hadn't done anything in the league, he's a totally different guy now. The diva stuff came with getting the ring and now he's this weirdo. No way he wants to play with LeBron again.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said the Lakers weren't going to be able to trade for RW and they did.

Didn't work but you win some, you lose some. Bottom line the Lakers were able to trade for him. And didn't give up much either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are all over the place with this.

I am saying they would rather have Beal over cap.

That was the entire crux of my argument.
I never said otherwise.
But, Did anyone post a hypothetical of what that might look like?

It's possible I missed it.

As I said, several times, I did not read the entire article. It was a 3 team trade. I have repeatedly said that I would assume that there would hav to be other assets involved and that the Wizards wouldn't trade Beal just for the cap space.

So no, I'm not all over the place. You're responding to things I never said or suggested.

So let me try one more time...The Wizards aren't trading Beal just for cap space. Other assets would have to be involved. I don't know what the article suggests the other assets might be because I didn't get that far.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't work but you win some, you lose some. Bottom line the Lakers were able to trade for him. And didn't give up much either.
Who said that, @DJ?

I remember people saying it would be stupid, not that it couldn't be done.

Math is math.

You didn't give up much?

:laugh3:

Kuz, KCP and Caruso?

Fuck Trezl.

But, the other 3 were useful role players.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said otherwise.

As I said, several times, I did not read the entire article. It was a 3 team trade. I have repeatedly said that I would assume that there would hav to be other assets involved and that the Wizards wouldn't trade Beal just for the cap space.

So no, I'm not all over the place. You're responding to things I never said or suggested.

So let me try one more time...The Wizards aren't trading Beal just for cap space. Other assets would have to be involved. I don't know what the article suggests the other assets might be because I didn't get that far.
Where was the article.......link?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that, @DJ?

I remember people saying it would be stupid, not that it couldn't be done.

Math is math.

You didn't give up much?

:laugh3:

Kuz, KCP and Caruso?

Fuck Trezl.

But, the other 3 were useful role players.
Pretty sure the exact quote was "The Lakers have nothing the Wizards would want."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie for Westbrook is a no brainer, unless LeBron says no.

For the Lakers it is and I doubt Lebron would say no. lol

KD on the other hand...likely got his fill of Westbrook in OKC and this Westbrook isnt as good as the one KD left in OKC. He'd gladly take half a season of Kyrie over a full season of Russ.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was also said that they couldn't get AD. That's the one I'd use. lol