• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say it was true?

The only true thing is that there are rumors.

But see…

Some rumors are worth discussing. Some aren’t.

This particular rumor was clearly made to excite the Laker fan base and has no basis in reality.

No other fan base takes part in these type of fantasy deal speculation like Laker fans do.

And honestly, I have come to expect this type of propaganda from a couple Laker fans on here, but not you. You are better than that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned the Heat as a possible landing spot.

I said it was more realistic than the Lakers because he actually likes Jimmy.

I was discussing teams that are actually rumored to be interested. The Heat are not one of those teams.

You asked what makes me think he wants to be part of that culture.

I'm saying the same that makes you think he'd accept a trade to LA.

There is, unfortunately, a huge difference between Heat culture and the Lakers "culture". There are real things that Kyrie has shown that indicate he wouldn't fit into the Heats cultured. Plius, as bks pointed out, vaccination is mandatory with the Heat and Kyris is unvaccinated.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything you said was true.

Again still not responding to what I actually said. I didn't say Beal would want to leave the Wiz. Although, it was reported this morning that he knows where he would like to go, but won't make it public yet (which I like).

Teams wanting cap space isn't exactly a reach.
It is a huge reach for the Wiz, Orlando and Sacto.

Who would the Wiz get that's better than Beal?

Again:

I don't believe Kyrie wants to play with Lebron.

I don't believe Kyrie is even leaving Brooklyn.

I don't believe the Lakers nor Clippers could outbid other Teams for Kyrie even if he was leaving.

I don't believe The Wiz would want cap space over keeping Beal.

I don't believe it would do them any good if they did.

I don't believe any team will give the Lakers anything of value for Westbrook without heavy compensation.

Am I right?

Who knows.

But, it's what I believe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see…

This particular rumor was clearly made to excite the Laker fan base and has no basis in reality.

No other fan base takes part in these type of fantasy deal speculation like Laker fans do.

And honestly, I have come to expect this type of propaganda from a couple Laker fans on here, but not you. You are better than that.

It's a real discussion that is actually happening and all that I have done is mention the rumor and what has been reported about it.

Getting excited about or discussing trade possibilities even if they unlikely, isn't unique to Lakers fans. So your claim that only Lakers fans do it is nonsense.

You might want to go back and read what I have actually said and try responding to that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drama Popcorn GIF

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a real discussion that is actually happening and all that I have done is mention the rumor and what has been reported about it.

Getting excited about or discussing trade possibilities even if they unlikely, isn't unique to Lakers fans. So your claim that only Lakers fans do it is nonsense.

You might want to go back and read what I have actually said and try responding to that.

But it shouldn’t be discussed because it is totally a asinine.

I have read every post. You are basically defending yourself for repeating an unrealistic rumor that someone else brought up.

And of course the Lakers are “interested” in trading for Kyrie.

I am “interested” in a 3 way with Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson.

Unfortunately, as is also true for a potential 3 way, all parties have to be interested to make an NBA trade happen.

The Wizards would be about as interested in this deal as Angelina and Scarlett would be getting down with me.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was discussing teams that are actually rumored to be interested. The Heat are not one of those teams.

There is, unfortunately, a huge difference between Heat culture and the Lakers "culture". There are real things that Kyrie has shown that indicate he wouldn't fit into the Heats cultured. Plius, as bks pointed out, vaccination is mandatory with the Heat and Kyris is unvaccinated.
When did the parameters of discussion only include rumored teams?

If that's the case, you want to talk about him going to the Kings?

Because that's out there too.

No why it's not being discussed?

Because it's stupid.

Rumors don't have to be based in fact.

But, good point about the vaccination status.

Didn't think about that.

So, if the Nets and Irving do move on, where might he wind up? The Sacramento Kings are one of the teams who might consider him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the parameters of discussion only include rumored teams?

If that's the case, you want to talk about him going to the Kings?

Because that's out there too.

No why it's not being discussed?

Because it's stupid.

Rumors don't have to be based in fact.

But, good point about the vaccination status.

Didn't think about that.

So, if the Nets and Irving do move on, where might he wind up? The Sacramento Kings are one of the teams who might consider him.

Dallas is interesting...I dont really care to watch him over here in Dallas though. They would have Luka, who people adore and then Kyrie, who people hate lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aren't we responding to it?

Negative is a response.

I don't expect other fan bases to be all doom and gloom like me.

Shit, when you root for a franchise that is notorious for pulling rabbits out off their ass, let alone their hats, it's to be expected.

Doesn't mean the rest of us can't call bullshit if we think the rumor is flagrant.

I might be a hater.

But, it's usually based on logic.

Logic says the Wiz take a huge L in that rumoured transaction.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it shouldn’t be discussed because it is totally a asinine.

I have read every post. You are basically defending yourself for repeating an unrealistic rumor that someone else brought up.

And of course the Lakers are “interested” in trading for Kyrie.

I am “interested” in a 3 way with Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson.

Unfortunately, as is also true for a potential 3 way, all parties have to be interested to make an NBA trade happen.

The Wizards would be about as interested in this deal as Angelina and Scarlett would be getting down with me.
Oh, I don't have a problem discussing it.

I have a problem with anyone getting sensitive if there is pushback.

It's a fucking debate/discussion board.

No games being played.

So, until the draft and free agency, this is all we got.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say every team wants to offload guys. I said that every team wants cap space. Can't really continue this discussion if you can't respond to what I've said.

lol

Yeah, you're right. This proves that absolutely no one wants cap space.

See, I can respond to things not said too.
Kinda contradicting yourself here. You say everyone wants cap space, she gives examples of teams that don't, and you jump on her for saying no one wants cap space. Looks like you're not responding to what she wrote either.

Her point, which is correct, is that you are wrong to say EVERYONE wants cap space, and that the Wizards are an example of a team that should not be doing that right now.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see…

It's not worth discussing? Because they haven't played together before and nobody ever learns from their mistakes in the past?

Okay.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is interesting...I dont really care to watch him over here in Dallas though. They would have Luka, who people adore and then Kyrie, who people hate lol
Yeah, can't do anything that takes the ball out of Luka's hands.

Obviously, the 2 LA teams work fit wise.

But, it's a pipedream for both.

I don't see him going little bro for LeBron and I don't see the Clippers giving up George.

I honestly don't want him because of his personality.

I'd be terrified of his mood swings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a huge reach for the Wiz, Orlando and Sacto.

No it isn't. Not at all. If they can trade for a star player (which can require cap space) or draft one, they also would want tohave cap space to fill out the roster with better role players.

There was a time when the Warriors couldn't get any decent FA's to sign with them either.
I don't believe Kyrie wants to play with Lebron.

I disagree. I don't think Kyrie is coming to the Lakers, but I don't believe it is because of Lebron. At least not this week (he's still Kyrie after all).

I don't believe Kyrie is even leaving Brooklyn.

I tend to agree although the possibility that this is in response to KD wanting him gone makes it a possibility that he is moved. More of one than I would have thought previously.

I don't believe the Lakers nor Clippers could outbid other Teams for Kyrie even if he was leaving.

I agree. Which is why adding a 3rd team (as the article sugested) is the only way it could be done and even that seems remote.

I don't believe The Wiz would want cap space over keeping Beal.

Once again, I never said that. Try again.

I don't believe it would do them any good if they did.

It would do them some good in a couple of ways. If they move Beal, they are rebuilding. Cap space means they are keeping their salaries low which saves them money while they try to rebuild. That cap space can then be used to add pieces if they are able to draft or trade for a star level player.

This is also why I never said they would take on Westbrook just for the cap space.

I don't believe any team will give the Lakers anything of value for Westbrook without heavy compensation.

That's why I think they have essentially decided (and I have said wouldn't be the worst idea) to just run it back with Westbrook and try to fill in the roster around Lebron, AD and Westbrook with some better fitting role players. The Lakers would give up any asset not named AD or Lebron that another team asked for if it meant adding a Beal or Kyrie level player. I still don't think it would be enough without adding a 3rd team and even then, may not be enough.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunson (in a sign and trade), plus a contract, and picks for Beal would be interesting also.

Luka and Beal would be really good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not worth discussing? Because they haven't played together before and nobody ever learns from their mistakes in the past?

Okay.
I feel like some people say this every time with Kyrie.

In Cleveland he was blessed with playing with one of the most unselfish stars in NBA history and they were winning. Nope he asks to be traded.
Boston is a fresh start, they have a tough-minded coach -he will buy in. Traded
He will love being in Brooklyn with one of his best friends and he wants to win. Nets are looking to trade him.

The question is: why would the Lakers want him? Is it worth it? Can they even maneuver a trade? None of that makes sense other than Russ being washed and in a horrible contract but that is against LA at this point. A trade including Russ is extremely unlikely and that is counting a Wall-Russ swap...that's how bad it is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't we responding to it?

Negative is a response.

I don't expect other fan bases to be all doom and gloom like me.

Shit, when you root for a franchise that is notorious for pulling rabbits out off their ass, let alone their hats, it's to be expected.

Doesn't mean the rest of us can't call bullshit if we think the rumor is flagrant.

I might be a hater.

But, it's usually based on logic.

Logic says the Wiz take a huge L in that rumoured transaction.

I'm just sick of the "Lakers fans always..." bullshit narrative. @tlance is usually better than that. But not today apparently. Says it's an asinine discussion, but can't seem to keep himself out of it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. Not at all. If they can trade for a star player (which can require cap space) or draft one, they also would want tohave cap space to fill out the roster with better role players.

There was a time when the Warriors couldn't get any decent FA's to sign with them either.

I disagree. I don't think Kyrie is coming to the Lakers, but I don't believe it is because of Lebron. At least not this week (he's still Kyrie after all).

I tend to agree although the possibility that this is in response to KD wanting him gone makes it a possibility that he is moved. More of one than I would have thought previously.

I agree. Which is why adding a 3rd team (as the article sugested) is the only way it could be done and even that seems remote.

Once again, I never said that. Try again.

It would do them some good in a couple of ways. If they move Beal, they are rebuilding. Cap space means they are keeping their salaries low which saves them money while they try to rebuild. That cap space can then be used to add pieces if they are able to draft or trade for a star level player.

This is also why I never said they would take on Westbrook just for the cap space.

That's why I think they have essentially decided (and I have said wouldn't be the worst idea) to just run it back with Westbrook and try to fill in the roster around Lebron, AD and Westbrook with some better fitting role players. The Lakers would give up any asset not named AD or Lebron that another team asked for if it meant adding a Beal or Kyrie level player. I still don't think it would be enough without adding a 3rd team and even then, may not be enough.
Dude, you are all over the place with this.

I am saying they would rather have Beal over cap.

That was the entire crux of my argument.

They are giving up the most value and getting the least return.

Yes.

They can use the space to trade for a good player.

But, they couldn't get one better than the one they have.

So, what would be the point?

That's my whole point.

As for getting other teams involved, sure.

But, Did anyone post a hypothetical of what that might look like?

It's possible I missed it.