• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal with KD is interesting....the Wiz would have to get more back, like you suggested.....probably some picks.

If by “some picks” you mean like 6 1st unprotected rounders in the future then ok.

And by future, I mean far enough down the line that they might be lottery again. The Nets 2023 pick doesn’t move the needle for me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he has matured some since playing with James the 1st time and realizes his best chance to win is with James.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

The Wizards give up the most valuable piece in the deal for a toxic contract?

Makes sense.

They'd be doing it for cap space and according to the article, would just buy Westbrook out. Also, as I mentioned, I would think that there would have to be other pieces involved, but didn't read the whole article. I can't see the Wiz doing that trade and only getting cap space out of it. That's something only the Kangz or Knicks would do. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he has matured some since playing with James the 1st time and realizes his best chance to win is with James.
He's matured?

Dude, would we be having this.debate if that was the case?

Why do you think Brooklyn refuses to give him a long contact?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

The Wizards give up the most valuable piece in the deal for a toxic contract?

Makes sense.
I mean take out Russ and that actually might make sense, at least some sense. Beal for Kyrie. Kyrie can be the Alpha in Washington and Beal can play with KD. BKN would have to give up more but putting Russ into the equation makes it very unlikely.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has a problem with Lebron.

I think he BELIEVES he's better.

He said it himself, he is the best option on any team he's ever played on.

Do you remember who took exception to that?

LeBron.

If I had to bet money, I'd say Kyrie stays and they work the money out.

If he bails, it will be to the Heat and Jimmy Butler or the Knicks.

Shit, he wouldn't even have to move for the Knicks.
At this point in his career and age......James might want to take the role of facilitator and Irving be the #1 option. James would be a close #2 option.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be doing it for cap space and according to the article, would just buy Westbrook out. Also, as I mentioned, I would think that there would have to be other pieces involved, but didn't read the whole article. I can't see the Wiz doing that trade and only getting cap space out of it. That's something only the Kangz or Knicks would do. lol
Why would they want capspace?

Name a top free agent that has signed with the Wiz in the last decade?

Also, if they wanted cap, wouldn't they get it by letting Beal walk?

Why would they need Westbrook's deal for that?

This is a fairytale.

No way would they give up the best player for the worst return.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean take out Russ and that actually might make sense, at least some sense. Beal for Kyrie. Kyrie can be the Alpha in Washington and Beal can play with KD. BKN would have to give up more but putting Russ into the equation makes it very unlikely.

Why would Washington want Kyrie?

That does not make sense.

Kyrie wouldn’t want to play in Washington.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career and age......James might want to take the role of facilitator and Irving be the #1 option. James would be a close #2 option.
Lmao

Nobody is giving you treasure for Westbrook's trash deal.

But, if something like this did happen, Pelinka deserves executive of the year.

Which is another reason it won't.

He is despised.

I doubt you land another lopsided Pau-like deal until you fire him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since then, Kyrie has said that what happened in Cleveland because he was too immature to understand Lebron. It would be "very Kyrie" of Kyrie to decide he's good with playing with Lebron now.

Of course, it would also be "very Kyrie" of Kyrie to say he has no problem playing with Lebron and then changing his mind later. lol

Injury issues aside, I also agree it would be a mistake to do the trade AD for Kyrie (whether a pick was included or not) that DJ mentioned (and Cowherd is also suggesting). At least with AD, the Lakers know that he will play if he's healthy.

One interesting trade I saw (also unlikely) involved a 3 team trade with the Lakers, Wizards and Nets that ends up with Kyrie in LA, Westbrook with the Wiz and Beal with the Nets. Didn't read deep enough to see what else might be involved. I would expect that the Wizards would want more than just Westbrook coming back as they would likely buy him out anyway (according to the article).

Draft picks. If the Wiz trade Beal in that scenario, the only thing of value is draft picks. They should ask for picks from both Brooklyn and LA. The trade is a little complicated though. All 3 of Westbrook, Irving, and Beal would have to opt in to their current contracts for it work, and then you've gotta match salaries so some lesser players will shuffle around too. I've been trying to put together packages on various trade generators but its hard right now because none of them have updated their salary info yet so I can't really put together realistic trades that will work.

In this scenario, Wiz could still probably do better for Beal than just draft picks, but them going the OKC route and just sucking while piling up a shit ton of picks isn't a bad strategy. I've been begging that team to blow it up and start fresh for years. The worst thing they could do is trade Beal for a "better" return on paper, but its just guys that keep them in an 8 to 10 seed range.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has a problem with Lebron.

I think he BELIEVES he's better.

He said it himself, he is the best option on any team he's ever played on.

Do you remember who took exception to that?

LeBron.

If I had to bet money, I'd say Kyrie stays and they work the money out.

If he bails, it will be to the Heat and Jimmy Butler or the Knicks.

Shit, he wouldn't even have to move for the Knicks.

I get it would kill your soul if Kyrie ended up on the Lakers with Lebron and AD, but maybe try some more recent quotes. lol @the Heat wanting anything to do with Kyrie. I could see the Knicks though.

My gut tells me that Kyrie and the Nets get it worked out, but the whole reason that this is even a discussion is because the Nets and Kyrie are at an impasse. If the impasse is because KD wants him gone, then he's likely gone and not giving him the deal he wants may be how they keep KD out of it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Washington want Kyrie?

That does not make sense.

Kyrie wouldn’t want to play in Washington.
I mean from a talent perspective, 0% it happens.

That is the biggest part of the equation, it's going to be difficult to trade Kyrie bc he only wants to go to a handful of places this is the only reason I think LA at least at some kind of shot but from a trade aspect...it would have to be desperation from BKN where no other teams want Kyrie. I still think he gets traded to big market-decent team like New York. Hard to predict what Kyrie wants anymore, he's been on winning teams and didn't care for the sitation. CLE-BOS-BKN were all winning at the time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they want capspace?

Is this a real question? What team in the league doesn't want cap space? They all want it whether they can actually use it or not.
Name a top free agent that has signed with the Wiz in the last decade?

Also, if they wanted cap, wouldn't they get it by letting Beal walk?

Why would they need Westbrook's deal for that?

This is a fairytale.

No way would they give up the best player for the worst return.

Go back and find where I said Westbrook is all they would get.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it would kill your soul if Kyrie ended up on the Lakers with Lebron and AD, but maybe try some more recent quotes. lol @the Heat wanting anything to do with Kyrie. I could see the Knicks though.

My gut tells me that Kyrie and the Nets get it worked out, but the whole reason that this is even a discussion is because the Nets and Kyrie are at an impasse. If the impasse is because KD wants him gone, then he's likely gone and not giving him the deal he wants may be how they keep KD out of it.
Hurt my soul?

I wouldn't like it.

But, that's a bit extreme.

I am enjoying the Lakers being down .....bad.

But, that's not why I have this take.

What you are suggesting makes zero sense for the team giving up the most.

My stance is based on logic, not hate.

As for Miami...

You don't think the Heat would love to get off Lowry/Robinson?

Kyrie and Jimmy are good friends.