• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, let's ride. Flat Earth and all his weirdness Kyrie for half a season of games (because he just doesn't feel like playing them) is still better than a full season of Westbrook.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, let's ride. Flat Earth and all his weirdness Kyrie for half a season of games (because he just doesn't feel like playing them) is still better than a full season of Westbrook.
Not for the Brick.

For the Brow AND A PICK, per @DJ ....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.

I was watching a YouTube Free Agent show where a Lakers fan asked....

" Why can't the Lakers just restructure Westbrook's contract? Can't LeBron and Davis just give him 20 mil each and free up the Lakers to give his 47 mil salary to Lavine or Beal"?

I bullshit you not....lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he doesn't want to play with Lebron.

You sure about that? His recent comments seem to suggest different.

He's not claiming to have any sources, but Cowherd is saying that he thinks this Kyrie stuff is the result of KD quietly going to the Nets FO and saying "get this guy outta here".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1000% yes.

But LOL if you think Brooklyn would do that.

Kyrie is a very good player when he shows up. Westbrook is a terrible contract because he is washed. Kyrie is just unreliable.

Unreliable still has a chance to step up and help you win if he shows up at the right time. Washed doesn’t.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.

I was watching a YouTube Free Agent show where a Lakers fan asked....

" Why can't the Lakers just restructure Westbrook's contract? Can't LeBron and Davis just give him 20 mil each and free up the Lakers to give his 47 mil salary to Lavine or Beal"?

I bullshit you not....lol

Sounds reasonable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not claiming to have any sources, but Cowherd is saying that he thinks this Kyrie stuff is the result of KD quietly going to the Nets FO and saying "get this guy outta here".
LeBron tried already.

“A couple of years ago when Kyrie was headed to free agency, LeBron James was interested in trying to recruit him to the LA Lakers,” said Windy. “And he reached and attempted to mend fences. It lasted for a short time. When Kyrie didn’t choose the Lakers, their relationship went away again

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron tried already.

“A couple of years ago when Kyrie was headed to free agency, LeBron James was interested in trying to recruit him to the LA Lakers,” said Windy. “And he reached and attempted to mend fences. It lasted for a short time. When Kyrie didn’t choose the Lakers, their relationship went away again

And since then, Kyrie has said that what happened in Cleveland because he was too immature to understand Lebron. It would be "very Kyrie" of Kyrie to decide he's good with playing with Lebron now.

Of course, it would also be "very Kyrie" of Kyrie to say he has no problem playing with Lebron and then changing his mind later. lol

Injury issues aside, I also agree it would be a mistake to do the trade AD for Kyrie (whether a pick was included or not) that DJ mentioned (and Cowherd is also suggesting). At least with AD, the Lakers know that he will play if he's healthy.

One interesting trade I saw (also unlikely) involved a 3 team trade with the Lakers, Wizards and Nets that ends up with Kyrie in LA, Westbrook with the Wiz and Beal with the Nets. Didn't read deep enough to see what else might be involved. I would expect that the Wizards would want more than just Westbrook coming back as they would likely buy him out anyway (according to the article).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since then, Kyrie has said that what happened in Cleveland because he was too immature to understand Lebron. It would be "very Kyrie" of Kyrie to decide he's good with playing with Lebron now.

Of course, it would also be "very Kyrie" of Kyrie to say he has no problem playing with Lebron and then changing his mind later. lol

Injury issues aside, I also agree it would be a mistake to do the trade AD for Kyrie (whether a pick was included or not) that DJ mentioned (and Cowherd is also suggesting). At least with AD, the Lakers know that he will play if he's healthy.

One interesting trade I saw (also unlikely) involved a 3 team trade with the Lakers, Wizards and Nets that ends up with Kyrie in LA, Westbrook with the Wiz and Beal with the Nets. Didn't read deep enough to see what else might be involved. I would expect that the Wizards would want more than just Westbrook coming back as they would likely buy him out anyway (according to the article).

So…

The Wizards give up the most valuable piece in the deal for a toxic contract?

Makes sense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not like your claim that Lonzo said Lavine was leaving for the Lakers.

A rational person would lean more heavily towards it being a case of Lavar being Lavar and talking out of his ass whenever a camera is in his face.

But, not you.

You posted, ad naseum, " ask Lonzo, he's the one that said it " like it was factual.

Colin isn't doing that.

He openly admits to having zero sources.

We are talking about Kyrie here.

He would go play with Jimmy Butler before he puts himself back into Lebron's shadow.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news...

Kyrie will announce today that he doesn't want to play with Simmons because he doesn't think the Earth is flat.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal with KD is interesting....the Wiz would have to get more back, like you suggested.....probably some picks.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not like your claim that Lonzo said Lavine was leaving for the Lakers.

A rational person would lean more heavily towards it being a case of Lavar being Lavar and talking out of his ass whenever a camera is in his face.

But, not you.

You posted, ad naseum, " ask Lonzo, he's the one that said it " like it was factual.

Colin isn't doing that.

He openly admits to having zero sources.

We are talking about Kyrie here.

He would go play with Jimmy Butler before he puts himself back into Lebron's shadow.
Or he has matured some since playing with James the 1st time and realizes his best chance to win is with James.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he has a problem with Lebron.

I think he BELIEVES he's better.

He said it himself, he is the best option on any team he's ever played on.

Do you remember who took exception to that?

LeBron.

If I had to bet money, I'd say Kyrie stays and they work the money out.

If he bails, it will be to the Heat and Jimmy Butler or the Knicks.

Shit, he wouldn't even have to move for the Knicks.