• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has a TF12 or DJ moment from time to time

Exactly what ''moment'' am I having? Find the post where I have said this could happen or done anything other than say what the article talked about or what has been said by others.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what ''moment'' am I having? Find the post where I have said this could happen or done anything other than say what the article talked about or what has been said by others.
Yeah, pretty bizarre.

Not like we're saying it's gonna go down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also said that they couldn't get AD. That's the one I'd use. lol
They gave up their entire young core for AD and this is absolutely a different case with a horrible contract and washed up player. Not the same situation but you can use if you will like.

Could definitely be right about Russ but we can see why WAS did the deal, we clearly see it lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that, @DJ?

I remember people saying it would be stupid, not that it couldn't be done.

Math is math.

You didn't give up much?

:laugh3:

Kuz, KCP and Caruso?

Fuck Trezl.

But, the other 3 were useful role players.

Yeah, I don't remember folks saying that it couldn't happen. I remember them saying that it shouldn't happen. I do remember them saying AD couldn't happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Russ for Kyrie COULD happen but it isn't very realistic. It can only happen if Kyrie forces his way to LA OR BKN can't find suitors. Again, not likely but it could happen

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up their entire young core for AD and this is absolutely a different case with a horrible contract and washed up player. Not the same situation but you can use if you will like.

Could definitely be right about Russ but we can see why WAS did the deal, we clearly see it lol

Yeah, they got a title out of it though. So...worth it.

I don't think anyone thought the Lakers couldn't get Westbrook, unless they thought they couldn't get the salaries matched, which may be what @DJ was thinking about. It was already a bad contract at that time.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone thought the Lakers couldn't get Westbrook, unless they thought they couldn't get the salaries matched, which may be what @DJ was thinking about. It was already a bad contract at that time.
Pretty sure they said the Lakers don't have anything the Wizards want.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said otherwise.

As I said, several times, I did not read the entire article. It was a 3 team trade. I have repeatedly said that I would assume that there would hav to be other assets involved and that the Wizards wouldn't trade Beal just for the cap space.

So no, I'm not all over the place. You're responding to things I never said or suggested.

So let me try one more time...The Wizards aren't trading Beal just for cap space. Other assets would have to be involved. I don't know what the article suggests the other assets might be because I didn't get that far.

What article?

Only Beal trade I've seen involving the Lakers was for Westbrook's contract and a couple of 1st rounders.

I did see something about Simmons for Westbrook.

But, no 3 team trade.

So, You are debating over a article that you DIDN'T READ and don't have any idea of the moving pieces?

You mentioned the Beal part with no context on what they'd get besides cap space and are confused why I would say it's a complete shit deal for Washington?

Yes, you are all over the place.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was the article.......link?
I can't find it.

He isn't one to make shit up.

So, it's probably just buried under all the other reports.

I do see some 3 trade stuff.

Just not including Beal, it has different moving parts.

If you try to look for Beal/Lakers rumors, only the latest comes up.

....and it was like 12 pages of the same report.

So, I quit...lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Russ for Kyrie COULD happen but it isn't very realistic. It can only happen if Kyrie forces his way to LA OR BKN can't find suitors. Again, not likely but it could happen

I mean, it seems like just about every year there are at least a couple of ''WTF were they thinking?'' trades. That's why these things get discussed.

Seems like there's always some team that overvalues someone, or gets desperate and does something dumb. Hell, there are some teams that we laugh at on here because they have a history of stupid moves. lol

That's why I rarely speak definitively about what teams will do. As soon as you say ''they'd never do that''...they do it.

I remember at least a couple of folks saying that the Lakers would never do that Westbrook trade when it first came up. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's just trying to lighten the moment.

People get uncomfortable with intense disagreements.

I say intense, not heated, because neither of us need to result to trolling or take this kinda shit personal.

It's the freakin offseason.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it seems like just about every year there are at least a couple of ''WTF were they thinking?'' trades. That's why these things get discussed.

Seems like there's always some team that overvalues someone, or gets desperate and does something dumb. Hell, there are some teams that we laugh at on here because they have a history of stupid moves. lol

That's why I rarely speak definitively about what teams will do. As soon as you say ''they'd never do that''...they do it.

I remember at least a couple of folks saying that the Lakers would never do that Westbrook trade when it first came up. lol
I remember saying " Lebron would never come to the Lakers alone".

He did.

I also wasn't on that Island by myself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely worth it, just sayin, Russ is a different case BUT if they somehow flipped Russ for Kyrie they would be favs to win it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree a lot of WTF moments but this would be a "the earth really is flat" moment imo lol