• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also openly admitted it.

I’m curious if presti gets whacked

But the sixers also were openly making a mockery signing guys who were not legit nba players to keep the tank strong
Tons of guys still in the league. Christian Wood, Jerami Grant, Ish Smith, TJ MCConnell, Robert Covington. People can put lipstick on this pig as much as they like but what Silver did was unprecedented and hasn’t been repeated. People don’t see it because Sixers have been solid but Silver fucked them irrevocably.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of guys still in the league. Christian Wood, Jerami Grant, Ish Smith, TJ MCConnell, Robert Covington. People can put lipstick on this pig as much as they like but what Silver did was unprecedented and hasn’t been repeated. People don’t see it because Sixers have been solid but Silver fucked them irrevocably.

Miami want Grant

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how many contenders need a center?

It seems clear Charlotte wasn’t giving up a top 15 pick for him.
You should still get a young player. Like you mentioned Green, they seriously couldn't get Green or a better offer than this? I don't believe that for a second. I think they just did an awful job and/or got antsy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that C. Wood has been traded to the Mavs. Been following his career since his days at UNLV.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the interview with Darvin Ham that Dan Patrick did yesterday. I liked a lot of what he said, particularly re: Westbrook. Not all that confident that Westbrook will/can execute it.

Says Westbrooks game has basically been, get the ball and attack the basket. Ham says he wants to involve him in other ways to change where he gets the ball on the court and involve him in setting screens, etc. Basically, it sounds like he wants to make Westbrook less predictable.

Celtics fans will like this...he was asked "Last shot, you can have anyone in history, who's taking it?" His answer, Larry Bird...and he HATED those Celtics teams. lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the interview with Darvin Ham that Dan Patrick did yesterday. I liked a lot of what he said, particularly re: Westbrook. Not all that confident that Westbrook will/can execute it.

Says Westbrooks game has basically been, get the ball and attack the basket. Ham says he wants to involve him in other ways to change where he gets the ball on the court and involve him in setting screens, etc. Basically, it sounds like he wants to make Westbrook less predictable.

Celtics fans will like this...he was asked "Last shot, you can have anyone in history, who's taking it?" His answer, Larry Bird...and he HATED those Celtics teams. lol

Didn’t they try to do that with Russ to start the year?

He set like 4 screens his first game and then said f that lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really starting to believe that Nico Harrison understands this GM thing way better than anyone might have suspected when Cuban hired him.

I’m also getting a sense that he’s not done yet.
I agree.

This was a steal.

I keep reading you are going for a wing next.

Would be happy to send you a.gently used Marcus Morris for Spencer Dinwiddie, if you can get passed that stepping on Luka's heel thimg....lol

But, seriously....

A good defensive wing would be fire.

This guy is smallish.

But, a guy like Bruce Brown is unrestricted and a DOG.

He plays much bigger than he is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry Legend was a bad man.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People sleep on Larry.

They think big, slow white guy who could shoot.

I think big, savage shit talking KILLER who had you beaten psychologically before the ball was in play.

He would tell you what he was going to do, before he did it and you could do NOTHING to stop him.

Before his back injuries, he was bigger, stronger Luka-esque.

Not the fastest...

Not the most athletic...

Still could not stop him from sticking a needle in your eye.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they try to do that with Russ to start the year?

He set like 4 screens his first game and then said f that lol

Not anything that he was actually expected to follow.

Vogel didn't deserve to be fired, imo. But the one thing that I didn't like was that he never wanted Westbrook (which is fine), but he never really put a lot of effort into figuring out other ways to use him. Westbrook knew, or at least sensed that Vogel didn't want him and that caused friction between the 2 of them.

Considering the time missed by AD and Lebron, him trying to incorporate Westbrook in other ways (especially when Lebron was healthy) wouldn't have saved the season, but it may have saved his job and made Westbrook a little bit easier to move.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anything that he was actually expected to follow.

Vogel didn't deserve to be fired, imo. But the one thing that I didn't like was that he never wanted Westbrook (which is fine), but he never really put a lot of effort into figuring out other ways to use him. Westbrook knew, or at least sensed that Vogel didn't want him and that caused friction between the 2 of them.

Considering the time missed by AD and Lebron, him trying to incorporate Westbrook in other ways (especially when Lebron was healthy) wouldn't have saved the season, but it may have saved his job and made Westbrook a little bit easier to move.

It sounded like Westbrook tuned out Vogel first

But either way it was a bad fit and picking Westbrook over Vogel was not a good call Imo

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should still get a young player. Like you mentioned Green, they seriously couldn't get Green or a better offer than this? I don't believe that for a second. I think they just did an awful job and/or got antsy
Think they are trying to trade up?

I kinda doubt it will help considering OKC just gave away #30.

No incentive to let them have Chet to pick 4 spots earlier in the back of the draft.

I don't think Orlando is open for business on #1.

Well, maybe if someone top 3 wants to.eat that Isaacs deal?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they are trying to trade up?

I kinda doubt it will help considering OKC just gave away #30.

No incentive to let them have Chet to pick 4 spots earlier in the back of the draft.

I don't think Orlando is open for business on #1.

Well, maybe if someone top 3 wants to.eat that Isaacs deal?

I think Isaac has more value than you think.

They could use 17 and 26 to move up to the late lotto as well

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People sleep on Larry.

They think big, slow white guy who could shoot.

I think big, savage shit talking KILLER who had you beaten psychologically before the ball was in play.

He would tell you what he was going to do, before he did it and you could do NOTHING to stop him.

Before his back injuries, he was bigger, stronger Luka-esque.

Not the fastest...

Not the most athletic...

Still could not stop him from sticking a needle in your eye.

Imagine Bird playing today where the game's not nearly physical and with how important the three is. He averaged 24.3 for his career. I don't think it's absurd to say he could have easily averaged at least two 3's per game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounded like Westbrook tuned out Vogel first

But either way it was a bad fit and picking Westbrook over Vogel was not a good call Imo

Yeah, Westbrook/Vogel was never going to work. Vogel is a defensive coach and Westbrook has never been much about defense. Early in the season, Westbrook looked like he was trying to fit beter. But as the season wore on, I think Westbrook became less willing to change his game and Vogel became less willing to fight him on it.

The problem was that unless you have a Spo/Pop level coach, it's easier to move the coach than the player and the season he had has made Westbrook virtually untradeable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Isaac has more value than you think.

They could use 17 and 26 to move up to the late lotto as well
Probably.

I'm real low on Isaac.

Last we saw of him, he gave us 12, 7 and 2 blocks

Shooting .47% from the field and .34% from 3.

All career highs.

That was 2 years ago.

Yes, he's still very young.

But, I'm getting Johnathon Bender vibes.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Westbrook/Vogel was never going to work. Vogel is a defensive coach and Westbrook has never been much about defense. Early in the season, Westbrook looked like he was trying to fit beter. But as the season wore on, I think Westbrook became less willing to change his game and Vogel became less willing to fight him on it.

The problem was that unless you have a Spo/Pop level coach, it's easier to move the coach than the player and the season he had has made Westbrook virtually untradeable.

Vogel may not be spo pop.

But his track record with Indiana plus winning a title with the lakers (even if it’s only cause Boston was decimated by injury…they def would’ve wrecked y’all ;) ) means he’s probably a top 5-10 active coach

If you can’t support that over a declining Russ….idk man

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.

I'm real low on Isaac.

Last we saw of him, he gave us 12, 7 and 2 blocks Shooting .47% from the field and .34% from 3.

All career highs.

That was 2 years ago.

I'm getting Johnathon Bender vibes.

Man I loved Bender!

Broke MJ’s mcd AA game record

6-11 but could shoot 3s

Such an enigma

It was weird cause eveyone said he dominated the pacers starters in practice but then didn’t get run

And he had that degenerative knee issue.

Fun fact: he invented a device that solves that. He’s rich now just off that and now coaches executives and entrepreneurs to grow/expand their businesses

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogel may not be spo pop.

But his track record with Indiana plus winning a title with the lakers (even if it’s only cause Boston was decimated by injury…they def would’ve wrecked y’all ;) ) means he’s probably a top 5-10 active coach

If you can’t support that over a declining Russ….idk man

I don't know that Vogel is top 5-10. He's a good coach, but he's also a little set in his ways (hence not really investing in trying to fit Westbrook).

I wasn't a fan of firing Vogel, but based on what I've read and heard, I am a fan of hiring Ham. From what I've heard, Ham is good at building relationships, but he's also good with holding guys accountable (which wasn't really a Vogel strength). From what he's been saying, it sounds like He'll have no issue holding even Lebron, AD and Westbrook accountable and has apparently already let the 3 of them know that they will need to be making some sacrifices.

Part of the problem for Vogel too was that he wasn't the Lakers first choice. Ham wasn't the first choice either (that was Juwan Howard) but it looks like he was a close second, where Vogel was like the 4th choice and everyone knew it.

It's going to be interesting for sure to see if he can actually pull it off. But at least he's saying all of the right things.