• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Mock Sim Mania

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1643142038384.png
We have FOUR first round picks next year. Waiting for one (all) of you jokers to tell me that’s not realistic. :nono::heh:

Which room will have the biggest holes come draft day. QB? LB? CB? OL? Who’s contacts expire next year? Which players will be bad scheme fits with the incoming regime? Who are our draft Czars on this site?

FWIW, I think PFN may have the best Sim site. What say you?

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be pretty crazy if we drafted a LB to play CB. ;) (JoJo Domann)

Did Raachad White punch someone on camera to fall this far? ;)

Gonna be honest. Not real excited about this draft. White would be insane value for Round 5 though.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be pretty crazy if we drafted a LB to play CB. ;) (JoJo Domann)

Did Raachad White punch someone on camera to fall this far? ;)

Gonna be honest. Not real excited about this draft. White would be insane value for Round 5 though.
You would like it next year when you had all those extra 1s and 2s to go get your QB though.
You would love Domann chasing Mahomes around, too. You just play all Czar Drafty. :thumb:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually like Domann. Watched a lot of him the last two years and I like how he moves... Good in coverage too. Just don't want him at CB (I only kid knowing that was a site error) but Domann is a pretty good player. You know I won't complain about extra picks. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would like it next year when you had all those extra 1s and 2s to go get your QB though.
Your would love Doman chasing around Mahomes, too. You just play all Czar Drafty. :thumb:
Doman is the son of an agent for NFL players and his mother teaches my wife’s exercise class. Smart player, Nebraska fans love him. Saying that, I would be surprised to see him taken in the third round. I haven’t seen where draftniks have him going, but I figured he would be more like a 6th rounder. But I’d love to see him do well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I like about Domann is he can come in and play on special teams right away... His stock is very hard to judge. I think he had a 6th/7th national grade coming into the season but he did have a good year and if he has a good proday, etc he could bump himself up a little more. My best guess is Round 5 but I think he is a very tough prospect to judge his draft stock because he isn't athletically a freak but he is athletic enough for the NFL, moves well and is tough as nails... Smart guy who puts himself in good position and is dependable. Sorta like the OLB version of Josey Jewell. Showed ball skills in college (Something Jewell showed as well) but not something you really want Jewell doing a lot of in the NFL. I think Domann was seen a bit as a S/LB hybrid coming into college and then settled into his LB really well yet sorta plays like a safety. Dependable but not flashy. Everytime I watched Nebraska it seemed like he made a big play and was always involved. Never out of position.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doman is the son of an agent for NFL players and his mother teaches my wife’s exercise class. Smart player, Nebraska fans love him. Saying that, I would be surprised to see him taken in the third round. I haven’t seen where draftniks have him going, but I figured he would be more like a 6th rounder. But I’d love to see him do well.
Interesting stuff re: Domann. I had no idea. Although, I did realize he wasn’t your prototypical CB. He does sound like a football player though. Like a Cooper Kupp on defense. I would take that.
These mock draft sims are useful to me to learn about the players. That’s the point of messing with them, for me.
I posted some questions in the original post. Obviously, there is a long way to draft day, and hopefully we have most serious holes patched up in FA so we can draft BPA. Then perhaps bring in some talent to prepare for the following years expiring contracts, etc.

It’s all just for fun.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
    David Ojabo
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon

Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

Zion Johnson
    OG Boston College
    trade icon

Kyler Gordon
    CB Washington

Channing Tindall
    LB Georgia

Bernhard Raimann
    OT Central Michigan
    trade icon

Rachaad White
    RB Arizona State

Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga

Kyle Philips
    WR UCLA

Neil Farrell Jr.
    DT LSU

Jelani Woods
    TE Virginia

Qwynnterrio Cole
    S Louisville

• 2023 TEN 1st

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch the Shrine game tonight? I watched parts of the first half. There were a few ballers out there. RB Ty Chandler from UNC impressed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch the Shrine game tonight? I watched parts of the first half. There were a few ballers out there. RB Ty Chandler from UNC impressed.

Chandler was a late bloomer in college. A letdown at Tennessee started slow at UNC this year and then really picked it up later in the season. Jack Coan had a good Shrine Bowl. I have never been too high on him but he ended the season well at Dame this year. Jelani Woods was another guy who impressed. I thought perhaps the most impressive was Navy LB Diego Fagot. Ga Tech S Junyeah Thomas is a real sleeper to me in this draft. It was nice to see UCLA S Quentin Lake out there as well. Not quite as impressive as his father though. ;) (Carnell Lake)

Some reason I have this feeling we will be interested in Boston College OG Alec Lindstrom as the draft gets closer.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh Malik Willis at 40? Sign me up!
That’s what I said, too. I was going to avoid QB all together after trading down and acquiring a 2023 first. The QBs are fairly uninspiring in this draft.

I hear what you’re saying hear, DC, but maybe you were saying the same thing about Drew Lock @ pick 42?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed.

I would gladly take those guys in Round 2.
I recall you thinking OC77 was crazy picking people last year you thought would be long gone, but some weren’t. You never know how it’s going to play out.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler was a late bloomer in college. A letdown at Tennessee started slow at UNC this year and then really picked it up later in the season. Jack Coan had a good Shrine Bowl. I have never been too high on him but he ended the season well at Dame this year. Jelani Woods was another guy who impressed. I thought perhaps the most impressive was Navy LB Diego Fagot. Ga Tech S Junyeah Thomas is a real sleeper to me in this draft. It was nice to see UCLA S Quentin Lake out there as well. Not quite as impressive as his father though. ;) (Carnell Lake)

Some reason I have this feeling we will be interested in Boston College OG Alec Lindstrom as the draft gets closer.
Just read a pretty crappy review of Lindstrom’s week @ Shrine. Time will tell.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall you thinking OC77 was crazy picking people last year you thought would be long gone, but some weren’t. You never know how it’s going to play out.

Randy,

I think you are getting a little confused. 1. OC is crazy but not because of a mock sim. 2. I don't think anyone is crazy for picking guys in a mock sim that I don't think will be there come real draft. I actually think that is hella smart, just unlikely to happen. When I say sign me up for Malik Willis at #40, I am giving you praise... Not calling you crazy... That is a heck of a steal. Not sure why you are taking that personal. I am not expecting you to pass on Malik Willis in a mock sim just because I think he won't be there... and of course... It happens all the time players fall all the time... What's the point in someone commenting and analyzing these if they can't make comments like that? It's natural to see a mock by any site/person and make the comment you would like the player but don't think he will be there. If you don't want my opinion then I won't comment anymore on your mock drafts. I understand these are for fun but I assume if you are posing your results you are wanting people to comment on them, no?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy,

I think you are getting a little confused. 1. OC is crazy but not because of a mock sim. 2. I don't think anyone is crazy for picking guys in a mock sim that I don't think will be there come real draft. I actually think that is hella smart, just unlikely to happen. When I say sign me up for Malik Willis at #40, I am giving you praise... Not calling you crazy... That is a heck of a steal. Not sure why you are taking that personal. I am not expecting you to pass on Malik Willis in a mock sim just because I think he won't be there... and of course... It happens all the time players fall all the time... What's the point in someone commenting and analyzing these if they can't make comments like that? It's natural to see a mock by any site/person and make the comment you would like the player but don't think he will be there. If you don't want my opinion then I won't comment anymore on your mock drafts. I understand these are for fun but I assume if you are posing your results you are wanting people to comment on them, no?
I’m not the one talking a comment personally, DC. :nono: Just pointing out that anything is possible. Who wouldn’t want your input? You follow college football more closely than all of us combined. Your opinion is important. And wanted.