• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risden has a new one but he is picking Hamilton #2 which I dont see happeneing. Not after picking up Elliot.

My guess only is that Hamilton is the player who drops significantly in the 2022 draft from where all these media analysts/pundits originally expected him to be drafted (as in top 5). I could see him dropping out of top 12-14. Philly might be the end stop, maybe.

Btw, I'm 99% wrong, 100% of the time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Unless (an extension) doesn’t happen, then we would have an intention to get that fifth-year option done,” Holmes said.

Obviously, the Lions still have an opportunity to extend Hockenson beyond 2023. For a sense of what that may cost Detroit, Zach Ertz signed a three-year, $31.7 million contract this offseason, while Jonnu Smith signed a four-year, $50 million deal last offseason. It would be fair to expect anywhere between $10-14 million per year for a new deal.

With the Lions exercising this fifth-year option, they now have an extra year to hold negotiations with the 24-year-old tight end.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Unless (an extension) doesn’t happen, then we would have an intention to get that fifth-year option done,” Holmes said.

Obviously, the Lions still have an opportunity to extend Hockenson beyond 2023. For a sense of what that may cost Detroit, Zach Ertz signed a three-year, $31.7 million contract this offseason, while Jonnu Smith signed a four-year, $50 million deal last offseason. It would be fair to expect anywhere between $10-14 million per year for a new deal.

With the Lions exercising this fifth-year option, they now have an extra year to hold negotiations with the 24-year-old tight end.
Makes sense. Lets see if he takes the next step. Could cost more though if he does.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news from the crazy ass Jags organization. Now, they can draft Travon Walker at No.1 and call it a day - tomorrow night.

Allegedly, Robinson only gave a 1 sack last year - one of the Jags fans had posted that comment on SB nation. I find that difficult to believe.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news from the crazy ass Jags organization. Now, they can draft Travon Walker at No.1 and call it a day - tomorrow night.

Allegedly, Robinson only gave a 1 sack last year - one of the Jags fans had posted that comment on SB nation. I find that difficult to believe.
Makes our job easier. Hopefully we can still trade the number 32 pick and go nuts in the 2nd round but if a superstar is still there then just make the pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes our job easier. Hopefully we can still trade the number 32 pick and go nuts in the 2nd round but if a superstar is still there then just make the pick.

When it comes to character issues whether alleged or real regarding a couple of these edge rushers, Walker and Hutchinson don't have any. Both are high character and completely devoted to their team and getting better at their craft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you can expect another 4-6 players being waived by or before Sunday morning.

Overall, the Lions also simply needed to open up some roster spots for this year’s draft class. Prior to these waivings, the Lions had 80 players under contract. With eight draft picks this weekend and several undrafted free agent signings expected, Lions general manager Brad Holmes was going to make some room sooner or later.