• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft tracker thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good read Sty. I think I might have gone Williams and Brisker/Dean.

Part of me wishes they went Hamilton and Pickens.

DOTSON
JP said today that Dotson was the #2 WR on their board after London. Not sure I believe that, but If true I can see why they are fired up over there. I like Dotson and think if he spent 4 years at Ohio St. he would have been further up the WR draft board for everyone. Supposedly best hands in the draft.

MATHIS
I thought we could have gotten Mathis at 98. I hate we had to burn a 2nd because they let Ioannidis and Settle walk. I do think Mathis gives us something we don't have, a space eating nose. Don't hate the player just hate where he was drafted and why we had to draft him.

ROBINSON JR
Drafting Robinson was needed. This entire board from what I can recall did not want to cut Barber last year. Me and maybe a couple others even posted about how 3rd and 1 was gonna be a show. I like the pick and he had ZERO......ZERO fumbles his entire career at Alabama. Considering Gibson's fumbling issue I don't think that it is a coincidence they liked Robinson.

BUTLER
From all accounts Butler looks to be a steal. Logan Paulson raved about him and he watches a shit load of college football. A 3rd round pick for a RB is a reach, even if that guy comes from RB University.

HOWELL
If Howell ends up being our franchise QB for the next ten years than this was a homerun trade! Great arm, questionable footwork. I've seen him throw off the wrong foot. Throw unnecessarily off-balance. That said, two years ago he was set to be the #1 overall pick in the draft before he lost all his weapons.

TURNER
Turner a former WR at 6'6 with hands and is fluid. He screams steal and redzone target. I expect him to win a bunch of 50/50 balls and sit down in soft zones and move the chains. Only problem is he can't block so he will be a huge tell when he's on the field.

PAUL
I think Paul might sneak on to the roster as a 4th tackle. I know he plays guard, but Norwell, Turner, Schweitzer, and Charles seem to have a strangle hold on guard. Leno, Cosmi, Lucas and maybe Paul.

HOLMES
I would still like to see this team pick up a vet slot guy. Maybe Kyle Fuller. Danny Johnson is solid and plays teams and BSJ flashed. Uphill battle for Holmes, but maybe he surprises shows out in preseason.

I agree, if Dotson was in fact, their #1 I too can see why they drafted him there. I just don't agree with that assessment.

I would not have complained at all if the pick at 11 was Hamilton! As stated prior to the draft I thought that he was the best player in the entire draft.

DT is one of the easiest positions to fill in the NFL! It's really puzzling what they did to HAVE to draft a DT this early.

RB is THE easiest position to fill in the NFL, It seems to be a reach in the 3rd round even for a RB out of RB University.

If/when Wince falters, the second man up should be Hienicke, but the desperation in over-promising in his 3rd year might lead RR to call upon Howell might be too great for the HC to overcome. If this plays out accordingly, he'll ruin Howell and we'll be back hunting for a QB in 2023.

I like them picking Turner!

The rest..Meh!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you read and hear the player can have the same agent as the talker or the writer

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR needs to get in front of Howell's the Eggs and Media will destroy him when Wentz starts to struggle and everybody starts screaming for Howells .. RR just Needs to come out and say Howells will not see the field this year not in less (injuries they have no choice ) and most likely won't be active on game day .. what worries me is the calling of Howell's from the media and eggs when he is not ready

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're NOT giving up on players when you create increased competition, you're improving your team. They eliminate themselves if they cannot keep up/make the cut. By your logic, no team should ever draft, trade, or otherwise acquire players, nor should there be competition at training camp because doing that literally "gives up" on players that you already have in one way or the other.

Yes you are giving upon players this year. If you bring Wr's and Qb's in that would mean current WR's and QB's get cut. Doenst make sense. The Wr's and Qb's are set this year just deal with it. If they fail then they look at it next year not this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that he won't be a star player, NO one has that ability to predict, but what we all do is forecast, and this guy healthy is the best in this year's draft.

Sure. IF. The guy wont be back until Nov. nd you dont know if he will be the same player that would translate into the nfl game. HIgh risk/High Reward type player. He is basically the same player as Dotson, a burner. So they went the safe healthy route and added more players ion the trade down. You cant blame them for that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a numbers perspective, you are correct, but competitively they are far from done. Remember the name of the game is to win games, and not fill spots. Competitively the baseline should be guys like Curtis Samuel (healthy) and as lead dogs among the best (meaning top 10) in the league.

They are done this year adding WR. They might add one for PR/KR only. If Samuel and Brown fails this year for whatever reason then yes they are looking at WR NEXT year. Not this year.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are done this year adding WR. They might add one for PR/KR only. If Samuel and Brown fails this year for whatever reason then yes they are looking at WR NEXT year. Not this year.
This is a problem imo the FO should never think like that and Fans shouldnt either there is always room to get better if a better WR then Brown and Humphries hell even Samuels gets cut or released you get that fucker Swetzer can hold is own at RG Turner is a pro bowler and is way better
... that move of signing Turner gives me some hope.. they could have easly said we are pleased with Swetzer (set at RG) Turner and Nowell is our are starting guards .. but I do agree rookies should have a 2 year prove it deal after that they should be replace.. do you cut Humphries and Brown if you can land a cut ce ce lamb for 3 years you bet your ass you do

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a problem imo the FO should never think like that and Fans shouldnt either there is always room to get better if a better WR then Brown and Humphries hell even Samuels gets cut or released you get that fucker Swetzer can hold is own at RG Turner is a pro bowler and is way better
... that move of signing Turner gives me some hope.. they could have easly said we are pleased with Swetzer (set at RG) Turner and Nowell is our are starting guards .. but I do agree rookies should have a 2 year prove it deal after that they should be replace.. do you cut Humphries and Brown if you can land a cut ce ce lamb for 3 years you bet your ass you do

Humphries is a FA. Turner was a great signing b/c we have no depth at the interior OL. Plus he could start. We now have WR depth so you cant compare the two positions. Sorry, the Wr, RB, and QB positions are set for Week 1 barring injury. TE Turner will make the team and we should be set at TE. Lucas should be the swing OT and we have depth at interior OL. The only camp battle will be backup center.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are giving upon players this year. If you bring Wr's and Qb's in that would mean current WR's and QB's get cut. Doenst make sense. The Wr's and Qb's are set this year just deal with it. If they fail then they look at it next year not this year.
I don't care if they bought in 100 QBs and 100 WRs or none at all somebody's going to be cut. The name of the game each and every year is competition. You make the cut or you don't, it's not giving up on players because it happens all of the time. and to quote a fellow poster, it's as simple as that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if they bought in 100 QBs and 100 WRs or none at all somebody's going to be cut. The name of the game each and every year is competition. You make the cut or you don't, it's not giving up on players because it happens all of the time. and to quote a fellow poster, it's as simple as that.

You didn't say anything. This team is not cutting Samuel and Brown. This team is not cutting Wentz this year. There will be competition on the back end of the roster and backups.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say anything. This team is not cutting Samuel and Brown. This team is not cutting Wentz this year. There will be competition on the back end of the roster and backups.
How do you know this?? What happens if Wince has a total meltdown in camp?? What happens if he alienates players and creates chaos in the locker room? He has a history of doing both already so it's possible, correct?

If there are players who outshine either Samuel or Brown, they will get released faster than you can say______!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know this?? What happens if Wince has a total meltdown in camp?? What happens if he alienates players and creates chaos in the locker room? He has a history of doing both already so it's possible, correct?

If there are players who outshine either Samuel or Brown, they will get released faster than you can say______!

Will not happen. Just like the bs last year when people wanted TH to start over Fitz. Didn't happen. The money and draft picks that were invested in Wentz means he will be the starter in Week 1. He will not have a total meltdown in TC. He has never had a total meltdown in TC. Did he have a meltdown in Colts training camp last year? NO! You are creating non-sense. Who are these players that will outshine Samuel and Brown? lol These guys are LOCKS to make the roster. Stop creating non-sense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will not happen. Just like the bs last year when people wanted TH to start over Fitz. Didn't happen. The money and draft picks that were invested in Wentz means he will be the starter in Week 1. He will not have a total meltdown in TC. He has never had a total meltdown in TC. Did he have a meltdown in Colts training camp last year? NO! You are creating non-sense. Who are these players that will outshine Samuel and Brown? lol These guys are LOCKS to make the roster. Stop creating non-sense.
Wince has had at least one meltdown and damned near another in two stops. Sorry if you don't want to see it but these are facts. Ron Rivera has been reported to have called Wince to prevent his propensity to meltdown simply because they drafted a QB in the 5th round!!That said, since he is prone to do it not even you the great apologist and defender of substandard players can't deny that it's possible. Nonsense, is defending a guy who was literally on the verge of being left on the ever growing heap of discarded failed players because he now wears our team colors! Admit it... Wince wouldn't be worth an afterthought from you if he wasn't playing for the Commanders!! It's OK, we all know, go ahead, we're here for you brother!

BTW: whether by hook or crook, TH did start over Fitz last year

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wince has had at least one meltdown and damned near another in two stops. Sorry if you don't want to see it but these are facts. Ron Rivera has been reported to have called Wince to prevent his propensity to meltdown simply because they drafted a QB in the 5th round!!That said, since he is prone to do it not even you the great apologist and defender of substandard players can't deny that it's possible. Nonsense, is defending a guy who was literally on the verge of being left on the ever growing heap of discarded failed players because he now wears our team colors! Admit it... Wince wouldn't be worth an afterthought from you if he wasn't playing for the Commanders!! It's OK, we all know, go ahead, we're here for you brother!

BTW: whether by hook or crook, TH did start over Fitz last year

TH started over Fitz b/c he got hurt in Week1. Cmon man. That is bad. Give me an example where Wentz had a meltdown in Training camp?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TH started over Fitz b/c he got hurt in Week1. Cmon man. That is bad. Give me an example where Wentz had a meltdown in Training camp?
Like now he pitched a hissy fit because Hurts got drafted. Rivera called him, you know, just in case!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if wince signed with the falcons he would be a bum to you dean . in fact all off season prior to the start of the new league year you never mentioned wince as a guy to go after

and yes we are set with avg to substandard players at most positions starting at qb

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if Dotson was in fact, their #1 I too can see why they drafted him there. I just don't agree with that assessment.
It was stated that in fact London was the pick and gone by #8. Made complete sense to trade back and still get Dotson at 16 and get two extra picks. Dotson likely after Wilson, Olave, London and Williams but the difference in ability and projections close enough to make this move.
I would not have complained at all if the pick at 11 was Hamilton! As stated prior to the draft I thought that he was the best player in the entire draft.
Many of us had Hamilton at #11 but obviously the focus was to place as many weapons around Wince as possible thus Dotson, Robinson, Turner.
DT is one of the easiest positions to fill in the NFL! It's really puzzling what they did to HAVE to draft a DT this early.
Agreed, we could have used a later pick to fill this void. Taking Mathis in 2nd all but guarantee's Payne is traded or tagged next year.
RB is THE easiest position to fill in the NFL, It seems to be a reach in the 3rd round even for a RB out of RB University.
Apparently we like 3rd round RB's just as Gibson was. Robinson Jr is a nice addition and likely one of the top 3 RB's in this draft class. The fact he has size, speed and played excellent competition makes the move in the 3rd palatable. Good move imo.
If/when Wince falters, the second man up should be Hienicke, but the desperation in over-promising in his 3rd year might lead RR to call upon Howell might be too great for the HC to overcome. If this plays out accordingly, he'll ruin Howell and we'll be back hunting for a QB in 2023.
This all plays out this summer. If Howell balls out he just might surplant Falco at #2. Let the two players decide the depth chart by September, not May.
I like them picking Turner!
Not so sure why you like Turner so much. I like him, not in love with this 4th round pick. We could have used depth elsewhere. Former WR turned TE who cannot block. He can catch though so that's a plus. Strickly depth at this point.
The rest..Meh!
Paul and Butler will be keepers and are a grade above Meh imo.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like now he pitched a hissy fit because Hurts got drafted. Rivera called him, you know, just in case!!

Wasnt a hissy fit. He just didn't perform well. The guy just singed a huge long-term deal, then the team took Hurts in the 2nd round Of course it pissed him off.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt a hissy fit. He just didn't perform well. The guy just singed a huge long-term deal, then the team took Hurts in the 2nd round Of course it pissed him off.
Shouldn’t have, that’s the point dean . Headcase