• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft tracker thread

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the same people that say cowboys to Super bowl every year the same people that get mock drafts wrong .those people get to grade the draft hmmmm sounds fishy to me

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't worry about it coach buffalo. The shows in years two and three. Who cares what anyone says.

One of the things I have learned after years of watching the draft is people have favorites and aren't happy when their guy doesn't get drafted.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't worry about it coach buffalo. The shows in years two and three. Who cares what anyone says.

One of the things I have learned after years of watching the draft is people have favorites and aren't happy when their guy doesn't get drafted.

1000% this.

Especially if they “watch college football,” and “do their research.”

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1651424627538.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all set at WR. For reasons that I already explained. That fact that you give up on guys after one year is very foolish and irresponsible. Now for the WR you are always talking about. If Williams was such as slam dunk prospect, why didn't the Saints take him over Olave? Why did the Jets pass on him? Don't get me wrong Wiliams could be great. but is he going to be significantly better than all of these WR's in this draft? My answer is no right now. The Commanders valued Dotson as the same as Olave and Hamilton so they made the trade and picked up 2 picks. Will Olave and Hamilton be significantly better than Dotson? time will tell but we valued the picks more. Maybe Williams was off their board b/c of medical reasons.

For you to be right on this, Williams would have to be a huge upgrade over London, Wilson, Olave, Hamilton, and Dotson. We can revisit this in 3 years to find out who is right on this. Not after one year like you and skinsdad evaluate players only after one year. To be determined.

As far as the trade is concerned. We will have to find out if Dotson, Robinson, and the 4th round pick was worth moving down. If Hamilton, Williams, and Olave become major studs then the fans have right to be pissed off. Well at least we have something to talk about for the next 3 years. lol
This team is not set at WR for reasons that I've already explained. No one is giving up on players, that's just a spin from you because as of this moment, every WR that Washington has will still be competing for jobs come training camp. Correct? My perspective and I can't believe that I have to post this again, is all about competition...C.O.M.P.E.T.I.T.I.O.N sir not filling rosters which I understand is your position, correct? As of this moment, it is highly likely that Washington will field TM, Dotson, and Samuels (in the slot) they are the odds on favorites to "win" starting roles against the camp competition, however, what about greater competition against other teams? Can you honestly say as of this moment, that Washington will field a better WR group with TM as your one, instead of TM as your 2?

I will post more about this draft later in the day when I get home.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally unfair evaluation of picks. So be it.
I've taken time away from this board this weekend to do something that I do as a rule when communicating with others, self-evaluation/ introspection and as a result, I have to respectfully disagree with you. Here's why.

Take a close look at this grading (my own)

Dotson = D+ (they traded exceptional for good)

Mathis = D (make a hole unnecessarily fill the new hole )

Robinson = C+ (A natural back, he's a biggun' too!)

Notice anything? Well, in case you haven't, the first two weren't evaluations of the players at all! Both were/are reactions to what the team did to get these guys. The third is directed at the player but it too doesn't specify more than a general observation. As you can see, there wasn't an evaluation of the picks at all, Just a poster who got caught up in the heat of the moment. My apologies to all.

That said, later today, I will post a complete evaluation of this draft and what it means going forward from my perspective.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not set at WR for reasons that I've already explained. No one is giving up on players, that's just a spin from you because as of this moment, every WR that Washington has will still be competing for jobs come training camp. Correct? My perspective and I can't believe that I have to post this again, is all about competition...C.O.M.P.E.T.I.T.I.O.N sir not filling rosters which I understand is your position, correct? As of this moment, it is highly likely that Washington will field TM, Dotson, and Samuels (in the slot) they are the odds on favorites to "win" starting roles against the camp competition, however, what about greater competition against other teams? Can you honestly say as of this moment, that Washington will field a better WR group with TM as your one, instead of TM as your 2?

I will post more about this draft later in the day when I get home.

If you think this team needs Wr's then you are giving up on players. No spin. Its kind of obvious. yes Tm is a #1. You have no idea when Williams would be ready this year probably late November. He was still a risk. The top 5Wr's are set. Sims as the #5. The competiton at camp will be for Wr#6 probably and KR\PR type role.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken time away from this board this weekend to do something that I do as a rule when communicating with others, self-evaluation/ introspection and as a result, I have to respectfully disagree with you. Here's why.

Take a close look at this grading (my own)

Dotson = D+ (they traded exceptional for good)

Mathis = D (make a hole unnecessarily fill the new hole )

Robinson = C+ (A natural back, he's a biggun' too!)

Notice anything? Well, in case you haven't, the first two weren't evaluations of the players at all! Both were/are reactions to what the team did to get these guys. The third is directed at the player but it too doesn't specify more than a general observation. As you can see, there wasn't an evaluation of the picks at all, Just a poster who got caught up in the heat of the moment. My apologies to all.

That said, later today, I will post a complete evaluation of this draft and what it means going forward from my perspective.

lol. you don't know if Williams will be exceptional.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are set at WR on this team but we not set to be a passing game nightmare the Wr core is looking good but there are way better wr cores out there

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms said he's the best safety in the draft.

Screenshot_20220502-111719_Instagram.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think this team needs Wr's then you are giving up on players. No spin. Its kind of obvious. yes Tm is a #1. You have no idea when Williams would be ready this year probably late November. He was still a risk. The top 5Wr's are set. Sims as the #5. The competiton at camp will be for Wr#6 probably and KR\PR type role.
You're NOT giving up on players when you create increased competition, you're improving your team. They eliminate themselves if they cannot keep up/make the cut. By your logic, no team should ever draft, trade, or otherwise acquire players, nor should there be competition at training camp because doing that literally "gives up" on players that you already have in one way or the other.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. you don't know if Williams will be exceptional.
You don't know that he won't be a star player, NO one has that ability to predict, but what we all do is forecast, and this guy healthy is the best in this year's draft.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask me why. I watched Nevada zero times last year, but im really excited about Cole Turner.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so here are my final draft grades for the 2022 draft:

Overall
The organization gets a C- / D+ kind of grade based on the fact that they get to call the shots, I don't, and philosophically we just don't agree as is evident in their approach to acquiring players. (More about this in the thread titled "what would you have done?") Mox-nix...we move on!

Individually:

1. Round 1: No. 16 (from NO via IND via PHI) Jahan Dotson... Considering the moves to get to this spot, he was the best player at a position of need. At 5' 11 and running 4.43/40 speed won't be an issue although he just seems destined to become more a slot receiver than WR2 long term. This player, if he remains healthy, and isn't stunted in growth will provide the upgrade needed to complement TM if McLaurin gets a new contract, and in that secondary role, you have to put a solid B grade on this pick, if he becomes the slot guy, that grade falls to C. (More about future projections in the thread mentioned above) BTW: you can't trust anything that comes out of Penn State!! (This is an inside running ribbing that I have with another poster)

2. Round 2: No. 47 (from IND) Phidarian Mathis... Did you know that one year ago, (2021) against run Washington had the 8th best defensive unit in the entire NFL? Well, I did, and that makes both the moves that were done to create this need and the subsequent drafting of this player all the more intriguing. Perhaps the defensive brain trust is convinced that they can maintain or improve upon last year's success against the run, and that leaves them wanting a player who is better than the now-departed Settle/Ironman in rushing the passer. If increased pass rushing is their goal, Mathis, isn't the guy for the job. He is a former Alabama player and generally, you know what you're going to get from their interior guys...solid against the run and one who isn't going to rack up the sacks and disruptive plays. Grade C-

3. Round 3: No. 98 (from NO Brian Robinson Jr... Another former Alabama player and once again he serves up what Nick Saban loads up here. He is another in line with Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake, Bo Scarbrough, Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, and Najee Harris ONLY without the obvious upside that his predecessors owned. That said, these pound and ground running backs aren't known as particularly good pass catchers, so like his predecessors, he'll have to make his mark as a runner between the tackles and more important as a blocker, something that Washington needed to shore up, especially with the shaky Carson Wince behind center. Right now he is probably one of the best pass-blocking backs the Commanders have but he won't supplant Gibson nor take from roles others have on this team, that is too little to ask from a 3rd round pick, especially a running back. Grade D+/C-.

4. Round 4: No. 113 Percey Butler... In their desperate decade-long search to finally fill the void left by the untimely death of Sean Taylor, comparisons aside, this player has what none other since that time has... SPEED! I actually like this pick if for no other reason he has it. At 6' 194 lbs he runs a blazing 4.36/40 which is big when considering a need for make-up speed in a squad that routinely finds themselves out of position and questioning one another. I don't know a lot about this player, but if he is anything close to what the scouting reports suggest, he'll earn a spot and limited playing time defensively and perhaps carve out a space for himself as a kick returner. Grade C-

5. Round 5: No. 144 (from CAR via JAX) Sam Howell... far and away the best value for drafting position in the Commander's draft. He reminds me of Baker Mayfield in a lot of ways and is an absolute threat to supplant Carson Wince at some point should the latter struggle this year. About the player, like, he stands 6'0 and weighs 218lbs coming in, and is noted for being a take the hit, tough it out kind of player. who played in a predominate RPO offense, and there's very little video on his effectiveness in a progression-type offensive scheme. It's going to be interesting to see if he can make this transition in D.C. Grade B

6. Round 5: No. 149 (from CAR) Cole Turner... With this pick, I get more affirmation that the Commanders are tiring of the lack of availability of Logan Thomas. That said, if they wanted to draft his potential replacement, this guy fills that desire. 6' 6.5" and 249 pounds he is quite the athlete which as tight ends go, is very good. He is a pick your poison type of player who gives you very good as a pass catcher and bad to awful as a blocker. Should Thomas once again fails to finish a season, there's a real possibility that he may not get his job back. Grade C+ (B- if he becomes the starter)

7. Round 7: No. 230 Chris Paul...
Round 7: No. 240 (from PHI via IND Christian Holmes... You're going to need backups so if you can get anything from either of these guys that's a bonus... No Grades.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a numbers perspective, you are correct, but competitively they are far from done. Remember the name of the game is to win games, and not fill spots. Competitively the baseline should be guys like Curtis Samuel (healthy) and as lead dogs among the best (meaning top 10) in the league.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good read Sty. I think I might have gone Williams and Brisker/Dean.

Part of me wishes they went Hamilton and Pickens.

DOTSON
JP said today that Dotson was the #2 WR on their board after London. Not sure I believe that, but If true I can see why they are fired up over there. I like Dotson and think if he spent 4 years at Ohio St. he would have been further up the WR draft board for everyone. Supposedly best hands in the draft.

MATHIS
I thought we could have gotten Mathis at 98. I hate we had to burn a 2nd because they let Ioannidis and Settle walk. I do think Mathis gives us something we don't have, a space eating nose. Don't hate the player just hate where he was drafted and why we had to draft him.

ROBINSON JR
Drafting Robinson was needed. This entire board from what I can recall did not want to cut Barber last year. Me and maybe a couple others even posted about how 3rd and 1 was gonna be a show. I like the pick and he had ZERO......ZERO fumbles his entire career at Alabama. Considering Gibson's fumbling issue I don't think that it is a coincidence they liked Robinson.

BUTLER
From all accounts Butler looks to be a steal. Logan Paulson raved about him and he watches a shit load of college football.

HOWELL
If Howell ends up being our franchise QB for the next ten years than this was a homerun trade! Great arm, questionable footwork. I've seen him throw off the wrong foot. Throw unnecessarily off-balance. That said, two years ago he was set to be the #1 overall pick in the draft before he lost all his weapons.

TURNER
Turner a former WR at 6'6 with hands and is fluid. He screams steal and redzone target. I expect him to win a bunch of 50/50 balls and sit down in soft zones and move the chains. Only problem is he can't block so he will be a huge tell when he's on the field.

PAUL
I think Paul might sneak on to the roster as a 4th tackle. I know he plays guard, but Norwell, Turner, Schweitzer, and Charles seem to have a strangle hold on guard. Leno, Cosmi, Lucas and maybe Paul.

HOLMES
I would still like to see this team pick up a vet slot guy. Maybe Kyle Fuller. Danny Johnson is solid and plays teams and BSJ flashed. Uphill battle for Holmes, but maybe he surprises shows out in preseason.