• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we give up 1/3 fewer goals - what is the net effect ? Still a bottom dweller I suspect.
I was just pointing out Trotz system i wasn't advocating that we sign him as our coach. We will be a bottom dweller the next few years even if we had Jesus as our coach so it really doesn't matter.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but he won a cup with this system, with the Caps no less.
This is true its a very good system for a team that has good players. Not to mention if Trotz looks at our roster why would he ever want to coach our team?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just pointing out Trotz system i wasn't advocating that we sign him as our coach. We will be a bottom dweller the next few years even if we had Jesus as our coach so it really doesn't matter.
How good is Jesus at draft picks ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz is a fantastic coach that is obviously capable of winning the cup.

But I look at what he did in Nashville and NYI, two teams without star power that played above the sum of their parts. Given the Flyers roster right now, that is almost scary. It fits right in with avoiding mediocrity. NYI over the past few years might've made a few decent runs, but did anyone really think they'd win a cup? Same with Nashville.

Trotz got the team over the hump with one of the best goal scorers in NHL history. And Kuznetzov, Backstrom, and Oshie were no slouches either. Especially back then.

I guess I'd put Trotz (or Torts) in the same bucket as JUST adding a super star. It's not enough, they have to do so much more. And if they do one without the other, that's all of our biggest fears I think.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I look at what he did in Nashville and NYI, two teams without star power that played above the sum of their parts. Given the Flyers roster right now, that is almost scary. It fits right in with avoiding mediocrity. NYI over the past few years might've made a few decent runs, but did anyone really think they'd win a cup? Same with Nashville.

Trotz got the team over the hump with one of the best goal scorers in NHL history. And Kuznetzov, Backstrom, and Oshie were no slouches either. Especially back then.

I guess I'd put Trotz (or Torts) in the same bucket as JUST adding a super star. It's not enough, they have to do so much more. And if they do one without the other, that's all of our biggest fears I think.
Agree there is no silver bullet BUT chase the shiny object philosophy is what the flyers are really good at. It has appeased enough of the fan base to keep the dollars rolling in.

I do think it’s different now. Either the worst or second worse attendance in history of franchise. TV ratings tanked. It may be enough to do this right.
1 - what kind of team do you want to build
2 - front office & coaches that can take the team from current state to desired state
3 - make the hard decisions.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would he want to sign on to be a head coach in the mess called Philly anyway? If i were him i would try broadcasting for a year or two then get back to coaching.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I don't expect they'll do it either. But maybe, just maybe, they'll panic. And if they do, I'd like to see the Flyers involved.

IMO, if you don't have a star or two to build around, you should plan to be bad until you do. Filling the roster with mid-level talent is just hurting your draft spot. Until Fletcher proves otherwise, I'm concerned he'll keep filling the roster with mid-level talent and try to compete. That's what he did in Minnesota. They never had a star and could never actually compete. But they kept adding mid-level talent and stayed a playoff bubble team. For them, it's different now because they have Kaprizov. But the Flyers don't have that waiting in the wings, and until they do, I'd rather just suffer through them being bad.

Maybe this will make him want to leave Canada and request a trade to Philly.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe this will make him want to leave Canada and request a trade to Philly.
Was just going to post this — little different spin though. Phila is becoming carjacking capital of the US. My take is “at least he’s used to being carjacked” as he becomes a Flyer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he want to sign on to be a head coach in the mess called Philly anyway? If i were him i would try broadcasting for a year or two then get back to coaching.

My money is on Trotz/Vegas. DeBoer being fired just a couple days after Trotz? Seems unlikely that's a coincidence.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the consensus mockers concerned with what Flecther has up his sleeve for the Draft.

Shane Wright is considered the consensus top pick. Other listed in a multiple of Mock's include: Matthew Savoie, Logan Cooley, Brad Lambert, Simon Nemec, Seamus Casey, David Jiricek and Juraj Slafkovsky as potential top-five selections.

This list is of course barring any last-minute trades.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since no one listens to me for real - I’ll post a huge pet peeve I have. On radio and tv please stop referring to players by their jersey number. I don’t care how popular or important they may be, I’m not that versed in players’ number to know that many. I know a few non flyers, but it’s less than 5.

I was listening to SXM NHL and the dude had to have used 10 numbers from the current rangers. Seriously !?

Ok. I’m done

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since no one listens to me for real - I’ll post a huge pet peeve I have. On radio and tv please stop referring to players by their jersey number. I don’t care how popular or important they may be, I’m not that versed in players’ number to know that many. I know a few non flyers, but it’s less than 5.

I was listening to SXM NHL and the dude had to have used 10 numbers from the current rangers. Seriously !?

Ok. I’m done
The announcer you were listening to must have spent way too much time in his career around racing especially NASCAR. They routinely refer to the car number rather than the Driver. It is a frustrating habit to carry that over into announcing a non-Motorsports sport!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner is a game changer no doubt
However the Leafs will not trade him or Matthews.

Tavares could be had but he is making 11 a year for the next 4 he is not the player we.should be looking at and trust me.leafs fans would love to dump the salary

The one guy that could be dealt is Nylander. Leafs brass want to keep the core together for another run but a package for Nylander could fill some needed holes

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner is a game changer no doubt
However the Leafs will not trade him or Matthews.

Tavares could be had but he is making 11 a year for the next 4 he is not the player we.should be looking at and trust me.leafs fans would love to dump the salary

The one guy that could be dealt is Nylander. Leafs brass want to keep the core together for another run but a package for Nylander could fill some needed holes
This was my post from two days ago except the part about Taveras which i didn't add because nobody in their right mind would trade for that contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok. I’m done
Noted. You have been heard.:thumb: I have no idea why a radio announcer would ever use a number as you cant see the players number.