• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not in the bottom 8 woohooo!!!

Welcome to The Athletic’s 2022-23 edition of the NHL Pipeline Rankings, where we look at the future of the NHL, team by team.

Every team will have a full ranking of the best young players in its organization, with a projection of what is expected of each. Then those core groups are ranked from 1 to 32, to show how each compares to the rest of the league.

Player eligibility is determined by age. A player is eligible if they are 22 years old or younger as of Sept. 15, 2022. This encompasses almost every prospect selected between the 2018 and 2022 NHL drafts. This is used to include a team’s top prospects, without aggressively graduating players who have a lot of prime development years ahead of them, even if they are already in the NHL.

Full individual evaluations of all players with tool grades and tiers that can be applied across all teams are found within each team’s ranking of its own players.

We will be rolling out eight teams a day over four days this week.

And now for the rankings:

25. Florida Panthers

26. Vegas Golden Knights

27. New York Islanders

28. Calgary Flames

29. St. Louis Blues

30. Pittsburgh Penguins

31. Tampa Bay Lightning

32. Boston Bruins

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kadri signs for 7 million per year and we are stuck with big puss JVR at 7 million for another year. The contract that keeps on giving.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Andrae is staying in Sweden another year. Would like to see him add a few more lbs.
From the Athletic:

6. Emil Andrae, D

20 years old | 5-foot-8 | 181 pounds | Shoots left

Drafted: No. 54 in 2020
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Analysis: Andrae was the best U20 player in Allsvenskan this season, and was a big reason why HV71 got promoted back to the SHL. He’s a very skilled and intelligent defenseman who competes hard, but given his smaller frame and good-but-not-elite quickness, I’m not 100 percent sold he makes it as a full-time player. I could see him as a solid third pair or depth defenseman, though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Cutter Gauthier, LW

18 years old | 6-foot-3 | 200 pounds | Shoots left

Drafted: No. 5 in 2022
Tier: Bubble top and middle of the lineup player

Shot: High-end

Analysis: Gauthier has the tools that can make you easily envision him in the NHL. He has a thick 6-foot-3 frame and can skate like an NHL player. With his size and speed or in how he attacks the net he can overpower opponents to force turnovers, which makes him an asset on the PK. Gauthier can create with his skating and skill, but his main offensive weapon is his shot. He can pick corners from distance with a powerful wrist shot. I didn’t love his playmaking early on but that part of his game grew on me as the season went on, especially how he made passes on the move. I see a potential very good top-six forward, whether at center or on the wing, with a chance to pop and become a true top-of-the-lineup type.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Joel Farabee, LW

22 years old | 6 feet | 164 pounds | Shoots left

Drafted: No. 14 in 2018
Tier: Top of the lineup player

Skating: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: Above NHL average

Analysis: Farabee played big minutes for the Flyers this season and was a regular on both special teams. He’s a highly intelligent and competitive forward. Farabee makes a lot of plays and has very good individual skill to go with his playmaking. He can beat you with skill or with his work ethic, regularly winning a lot of battles. He isn’t that physically imposing or fast, but everything else about his game is good enough that he can be a legit top-line winger for a long time, even though I don’t ever think his scoring totals will be massive.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Tyson Foerster, RW

20 years old | 6-foot-2 | 194 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 23 in 2020

Skating: Poor
Compete: NHL average
Shot: High-end

Analysis: Foerster missed a large portion of the season due to an injury he suffered in the AHL. He was sent back to junior when he came back and didn’t have a strong second half. Foerster’s main asset is his shot; he’s a legit threat in how he scores from the dots and will continue to be versus men. He has very good hands and can make tough plays with the puck. It all comes down to skating with Foerster, as he has a choppy stride, which will be his main challenge in the NHL. He works hard enough and has size and enough skill that I can see him as a bottom-six winger.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the assessment that he will an excellent AHL player and will be in and out of the NHL. I think he sticks in the NHL even though he's tiny he has a hockey toughness in his game to go along with a pretty decent offensive game.

8. Bobby Brink, RW

21 years old | 5-foot-8 | 165 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 34 in 2019

Analysis: Brink is a tough player to evaluate and one I personally struggle with. He was the leading scorer in college hockey this season and a big reason why Denver won a national title. He has tremendous skill and hockey sense, making a ton of plays at even strength and on the power play. He’s undersized and not a great skater though, with an awkward stride that lacks the type of extension you usually want to see. I give him credit in that his skating technique is better than where it was three years ago, and he was often asked to be the zone-entry guy for Denver. I think he can be a top-nine NHL winger but I can’t say I feel overly confident about it due to his skating ability. More likely he’s an excellent AHLer who plays in and out of an NHL lineup.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the assessment that he will an excellent AHL player and will be in and out of the NHL. I think he sticks in the NHL even though he's tiny he has a hockey toughness in his game to go along with a pretty decent offensive game.

8. Bobby Brink, RW

21 years old | 5-foot-8 | 165 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 34 in 2019

Analysis: Brink is a tough player to evaluate and one I personally struggle with. He was the leading scorer in college hockey this season and a big reason why Denver won a national title. He has tremendous skill and hockey sense, making a ton of plays at even strength and on the power play. He’s undersized and not a great skater though, with an awkward stride that lacks the type of extension you usually want to see. I give him credit in that his skating technique is better than where it was three years ago, and he was often asked to be the zone-entry guy for Denver. I think he can be a top-nine NHL winger but I can’t say I feel overly confident about it due to his skating ability. More likely he’s an excellent AHLer who plays in and out of an NHL lineup.
We still come back to the point that we don’t have any (enough) high end talent to get to Cup contender. Just dumping jvr’s contract doesn’t get us out of cap hell. Prospect pool is mediocre.

Don’t see us tanking this year - so we’ll miss this deep draft year. We’re stuck.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I mean realistically he's only been on the mend for 3 years now. He should be ready to go by the playoffs and just may be that extra push that gets us a cup!:sad2:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still come back to the point that we don’t have any (enough) high end talent to get to Cup contender. Just dumping jvr’s contract doesn’t get us out of cap hell. Prospect pool is mediocre.

Don’t see us tanking this year - so we’ll miss this deep draft year. We’re stuck.
I don't think we'll have to tank, our roster speaks for itself. Unless Hart has some phenomenal season this team is gonna be in the bottom 5. There is just not enough offense in this line up to be competitive, even in low scoring games.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some funny reading here.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do understand that we are in hell and Hextall put us there and Fletcher is trying the dumbest thigs to pull us out.

Dumping JVR's contract will be huge to get rid of. Hes so bad Seattle didn't take him in the expansion draft . Such a bad signing. :mad2:

We have the 19th ranked talent in the last 4 years coming up at least its not 30th, that's the only thing we have to hang our hats on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some funny reading here.
If this hold true we will be back to the middle of the pack again ala the Giroux years.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll have to tank, our roster speaks for itself. Unless Hart has some phenomenal season this team is gonna be in the bottom 5. There is just not enough offense in this line up to be competitive, even in low scoring games.
This gives me hope !

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3