• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes fans down here don't like Fox very much :D

But they're nuts too if they're saying the same thing on Panarin. There's a really big difference between not meeting the expectations of a 96 point regular season and sitting your 3rd leading point getter in the playoffs. If you sit Panarin you're talking about Andrew freakin Copp as your 3rd best forward in terms of offensive production. That's not winning a cup regardless of who's in net. The "kid line" got a bunch of chatter during their run, but combined they only had 23 points. Not that many more than Panarin by himself (16).
Well the Rangers fans were taking their talking points from a lot of the WFAN personalities who were killing Panarin all playoff run. His 16 points were very hollow because all he did was toss the puck to Fox who passed it to Zibanajad on the PP and he scored against Domingue or Raanta. You cant just go by what the stat line says.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is what it is as they say. Only can cross our fingers and hope for the best. Biggest worry I have is he just builds another Columbus type team, we need beyond just competitive.
Torts won coach of the year in 2017 so we have to hope we can pull of some magic and get him player that can produce way over their heads.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea my biggest concern is Kuempfer, if he can play solid Avs can win this, but man he looks bad at times. Should have stuck with Francouz.
I just heard this stat and it bolds well for the Avs. The team winning the first game of the cup at home wins if 85% of the time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a host of Lightning injuries, the Lightning will get their third-in-a-row Lord Stanley's Cup.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a host of Lightning injuries, the Lightning will get their third-in-a-row Lord Stanley's Cup.
As long as Vasileskiy in in net, it's hard to bet against the Bolts in thus series. I think both teams are evenly matched with the exception being goaltender. And it's not even close who has the big advantage of goaltending in this series. I'll take Vasilevskiy everyday. When all said and done, this guy only 27, may go down in history as the GOAT for goaltenders. Assuming he stays healthy. He's well on his way.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Rangers fans were taking their talking points from a lot of the WFAN personalities who were killing Panarin all playoff run. His 16 points were very hollow because all he did was toss the puck to Fox who passed it to Zibanajad on the PP and he scored against Domingue or Raanta. You cant just go by what the stat line says.

All I'm saying is that it's easy to over exaggerate when a star doesn't perform up to the expectations. Should Panarin have been better in the playoffs? Sure. But isn't that also kind of proving that they can't win without him performing at his regular season level? Let alone not having him at all.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you were watching last night or if you did, but except for a couple of mental lapses the Avs outplayed the Lightning in every aspect. The Avs speed is going to kill the lightning!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They circumvented the cap and were had an extra 20 million to spend more than every other team last year so i dont really count that as winning a cup fairly and this year im not sure they will be winning. i posted on here a couple of hours ago that i heard today that the team winning a home game in the first game of the cup win 85% of the time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is that it's easy to over exaggerate when a star doesn't perform up to the expectations. Should Panarin have been better in the playoffs? Sure.
. No team has ever won a cup with a player making more than 10 million. Panarin makes over 11. So if the future plays out like the past they will never win a cup with Panarin. :D

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you were watching last night or if you did, but except for a couple of mental lapses the Avs outplayed the Lightning in every aspect. The Avs speed is going to kill the lightning!
You are right Mr. C.P. Bacon but what neutralizes speed? A great Defense which the Bolts have. It will be close and it may go 7 but the Bolts will probably prevail.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If great Defense starts with the net-minder, the starting Avs goalie may be available as a FA in the next couple of months. But if you don;t like hime here is a list of other pretty damn good goalies that would improve our Defense.

Marc-Andre FleuryMING
Mikko KoskinenEDMG
Darcy KuemperCOLG
Thomas GreissDETG

Darcy Keumper is the probably a good start. Has some injury issues and other teams may out-bid the Flyers for his services if he becomes a FA, but he is a step above what we have now. We could maybe get Kuemper on the cheap, maybe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers had a team that made the playoffs 10 years in a row missed a season in the playoffs dumped all most of their good players and rebuilt to what you see today in 5 years.
Didn’t the Rangers send a letter to season tix holders that they were going to do the rebuild ? The got hammered in the press.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's official! Torts has agreed to be the next Flyers HC. We have him for next 4 years. I bet he lasts maybe 3.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right Mr. C.P. Bacon but what neutralizes speed? A great Defense which the Bolts have. It will be close and it may go 7 but the Bolts will probably prevail.
Great defense lol, maybe on the east coast they do, all 4 of the Avs goals were due to defensive turnovers in their own zone, the Avs forecheck is awesome. Don't forget the Avs have some good defense also, Bolts probably have a little better goaltending but they do not have the offense the Avs have either. It's okay though, I don't mind people picking the Bolts, just makes it all the more sweeter.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another UFA list that includes Defensemen and Wingers for the our new defense. G is on this list and maybe Torts can convince him to come back to the Flyers with say another pretty darn good defensive-minded guy, Kadri. BTW, Kuemper is on this list as well.

No on G coming back, time to move on, Kadri is going to land a big contract, not with us though cause we can't afford him. If we can swing another strong dman I'll be happy.