• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. WE are on a major downhill slide and I have no clue of when it will end no matter what Torts does. Your last statement is spot on. We just don't have the peeps to win at this level.
At this point it doesn't really matter. We are doing better than expected by leaps and bounds, if Torts uses this season to build a better locker room culture I'll be happy with that. The big key will be bringing in new and better talent than what we have, players like Braun, McEwen, Delaruis, etc will be on the way out. My main worry is WTFC wasting that money and draft picks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fact Crispy! The key will be if Torts can somehow keep WTFC in check so he doesn;t continue to eff things-up in the old Flyer ways of doing things.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another blown lead that results in a blowout loss. We can't score on the power play. We can't kill penalties. We don't have any elite level players that are healthy. If we lose focus for 5-7 minutes of a game, the pucks ends up in our net 2-3 times...Lol This makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to ever win a game. We have to play great for 55+ minutes and have our goalie make up for any mistakes, plus not let in any soft ones.

So, it's officially a 10+ game losing streak for the 3rd time in about 1.25 seasons.

In those 10 games, we've given up 45 goals, 11 of them on the penalty kill and 5 into our empty net. We've scored just 20 goals ourselves, only 2 of them on the power play.

Some easy math tells us that we're literally losing games by an average score of 2 to 4.5.

Idk if I've ever seen an Nhl team so devoid of talent/skill in 25+ years of watching professional hockey.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the '06-'07 season when we finished dead last with 56 points, we had Gagne, Carter, Richards, Knuble, Kapanen and half a season of Forsberg.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 games. All a little different from each other. All with varying levels of frustration and anger generated.
10 games. All losses.

On Black Friday the team was not prepared to play. It was clear. What to the coach do, he blames a "Young dumb league". Well, if you are the great coach you can coach in ANY league. But Torts has shown less and less willingness to engage and actually coach this team as the season has unfolded.

I don't want to hear about the injuries. The only thing the injuries highlight is the crap job that Fletcher has done over the last 4 years. The organizational depth is simply too thin. Add a coach who would rather play Nick Seeler or Sedlak?

I hoped that Torts was the answer. He would be able to get this team in line, playing hard, playing with character and allowing the space for the younger players to thrive. I admit, I do drink a bit and that may have been where that illusion came from.

This is just getting sadder and sadder. The utter disfunction in the front office and behind the bench...all I can do is shake my head. There are too many loyal and passionate fans for an organization to just collapse in on itself the way this one has. The fans deserve better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Maverick as usual and same to you wbon. Just too much incompetence and a weird sense of how to run a major league Hockey franchise is ingrained in the heads of the FO for quite a few years now. I don't know how long it is going to take to rid this club of its insanity but probably longer than anyone of us want to realize or admit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the streak is at 9. Soon to be 10.
It finally reached 10 ill give you credit for predicting this. :10:I still think calling a 10 game losing streak after 4 games is way to early but you knew it was going to happen. I feel if TK and Laughton didn't go down in games 5 and 6 of the steak it would've never reached 10. You got this one correct can you now please predict a 10 game winning streak so we can get back in the hunt for a playoff spot.:suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 games. All a little different from each other. All with varying levels of frustration and anger generated.
10 games. All losses.

On Black Friday the team was not prepared to play. It was clear. What to the coach do, he blames a "Young dumb league". Well, if you are the great coach you can coach in ANY league. But Torts has shown less and less willingness to engage and actually coach this team as the season has unfolded.

I don't want to hear about the injuries. The only thing the injuries highlight is the crap job that Fletcher has done over the last 4 years. The organizational depth is simply too thin. Add a coach who would rather play Nick Seeler or Sedlak?

I hoped that Torts was the answer. He would be able to get this team in line, playing hard, playing with character and allowing the space for the younger players to thrive. I admit, I do drink a bit and that may have been where that illusion came from.

This is just getting sadder and sadder. The utter disfunction in the front office and behind the bench...all I can do is shake my head. There are too many loyal and passionate fans for an organization to just collapse in on itself the way this one has. The fans deserve better.
I agree the management had destroyed this team starting with Hextall who brought this team to its lowest depths in decades with the organizational depth followed up by Fletcher who tried to hard to dig us out of the hole that Hextall left and screwed us even further.

Anyone who doesn't want to hear about injuries about this last few weeks should be a little more lenient. Our starting line for the last three games was :
Frost 5 points
Bellows 0 points
McEwen 7 points

I dont agree on Torts either as what do you expect him to do with our top 6 forwards out injured and our depth being as weak as it is? His coaching job in playing Seeler i can agree with him on that as well as he is a plus 7 while player like Sanheim are a minus 7. Seeler has been our steadiest defenseman all year by far.

As far as the players you want to come in and thrive please name them as we dont know who you mean.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the management had destroyed this team starting with Hextall who brought this team to its lowest depths in decades with the organizational depth followed up by Fletcher who tried to hard to dig us out of the hole that Hextall left and screwed us even further.

Anyone who doesn't want to hear about injuries about this last few weeks should be a little more lenient. Our starting line for the last three games was :
Frost 5 points
Bellows 0 points
McEwen 7 points

I dont agree on Torts either as what do you expect him to do with our top 6 forwards out injured and our depth being as weak as it is? His coaching job in playing Seeler i can agree with him on that as well as he is a plus 7 while player like Sanheim are a minus 7. Seeler has been our steadiest defenseman all year by far.

As far as the players you want to come in and thrive please name them as we dont know who you mean.
Great commentary. The lack of depth is really showing it’s ugly head. Not that they’re equivalent, but what do the Penguins look like without Crosby,Malkin, guentzel and LeTang ? So yes, the Flyers are depleated, but our pipeline sucks to high heaven.

If you’re building a team, this would be a great opportunity to insert your pipeline studs into the lineup to get experience. I get you don’t bring developmental player up to the NHL and have them sit, or play meaningless minutes. But we need minutes from more players. The guys on the roster are racking up huge minutes and running out of gas - physically and emotionally !

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Number 1 is the problem for 2-5 right now.
Agree !

Just heard a great comment about the Flyers organization. I guess Boomer & Jake on SXM have finally started reading this board. They’re were trashing the front office big time. Here goes the quote:

“The Flyers are really bad at trying to be good”

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree !

Just heard a great comment about the Flyers organization. I guess Boomer & Jake on SXM have finally started reading this board. They’re were trashing the front office big time. Here goes the quote:

“The Flyers are really bad at trying to be good”
Ha unfortunately this is 100% facts. :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are going to have to find help and develop more players to help out or as Maverick has already indicated, this losing streak could linger on and on. Unfortunately, we have an effed-up FO that doesn't know how to get Torts the help he needs. All they know how to do is throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. WTFC just plays with himself alot but does little else except hang around and readily step-in to take credit when something does go well. It is just going to be an agonizing process until they break through with better players in the years ahead.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are going to have to find help and develop more players to help out or as Maverick has already indicated, this losing streak could linger on and on. Unfortunately, we have an effed-up FO that doesn't know how to get Torts the help he needs. All they know how to do is throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. WTFC just plays with himself alot but does little else except hang around and readily step-in to take credit when something does go well. It is just going to be an agonizing process until they break through with better players in the years ahead.
How is our new player wellness department working out for us? If I recall, and I believe I posted, the dude came out of Australian Rules football. Sooooooo directly applicable to hockey. WTFC outsmarting the competition - again !

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is our new player wellness department working out for us? If I recall, and I believe I posted, the dude came out of Australian Rules football. Sooooooo directly applicable to hockey. WTFC outsmarting the competition - again !
Outback Steakhouse: No rules, just right.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a problem of ours going back a lot of years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all goes back to Fletcher fucking up and not getting better quality players for the money he did spend. You could have took all the money for Delaurius, and Ristolinan alone and brought it at least two quality players. It's a huge case of mismanagement coupled with a huge injury bug. At this point there has to be rumblings somewhere about Fletchers future. 3 years of absolute shitty results. Gotta cut the head off the beast to kill the monster.