• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it was 3-2 half way through the third. We had a few shots at making it 3-3 but just couldn't do it. Played another good game just came up short because all of the top talent is hurt.

Risto played 2 excellent games in a row. Hopefully he comes back to life

Frost is just a waste of a roster space.

Deangelo and Prov are a combine minus 19 in the last 7 games. with 1 goal and 1 assists each. Those cant be the stats of a top pair in the NHL

Nick Seeler is as steady of dman as we have.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it was 3-2 half way through the third. We had a few shots at making it 3-3 but just couldn't do it. Played another good game just came up short because all of the top talent is hurt.

Risto played 2 excellent games in a row. Hopefully he comes back to life

Frost is just a waste of a roster space.

Deangelo and Prov are a combine minus 19 in the last 7 games. with 1 goal and 1 assists each. Those cant be the stats of a top pair in the NHL

Nick Seeler is as steady of dman as we have.
He's showed up for every game so far.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the injuries we are getting closer to that top 5 draft pick you want. If we keep playing with the same line up as last night we may get the top pick in the draft.
I just want something solid to build around, if Torts can lay a good locker room culture then hopefully a top pick or two and some crafty spending we may be very competitive for awhile. That's my dream scenario.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the losing streak is at 7. Someone once instructed me to slow down about the losing streak. I wonder if that same person would like to change his mind?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the losing streak is at 7. Someone once instructed me to slow down about the losing streak. I wonder if that same person would like to change his mind?
Lol Well, if you'd have told me we'd lose Konecny and Laughton to injury on top of all of our other key injuries, then I'd believe that we could lose 10 straight again just like last season. Otherwise, we've played hard this season as a team and to a man, plus Hart has mostly been outstanding.

These aren't injuries to our bottom six forwards. These are in many ways our best players and then our best remaining players that are getting injured. I think a lot of teams would be fucked without essentially their top two lines.

Just among Couturier, Konecny, Atkinson and JvR, that could've easily been our top four scorers (goals and points) this season. I wouldn't have bet against it, assuming all were healthy. Konecny is tops still, at least in goals and points per game.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, we're so shorthanded that we're asking a lot out of guys like Hayes, Frost, Tippett, MacEwen, Cates and Farabee. I mean, those are shockingly our top forwards right now...Lol

I like most of these guys, for sure, but they are not star players who will give you 18-22 minutes a night. A couple of them might get there, but it's too early to tell. I'm thinking possibly Farabee and Tippett.

Let's see if we can compete tonight. The Capitals are struggling and still technically below us in the standings.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way i instructed you to slow down at losing streak after the 4th loss in a row, at that time you should've slowed down. Also at that time we still had TK ,Laughton and if we would've had TK against the Habs and the Flames i feel we wouldve won both. Its at 7 now still 3 more to go.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, Jackson Cates recalled. Going to really put fear into those Capitals. Also,

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not positive but i believe we had two 10 game losing streaks last year so i cam pretty much guarantee that wont happen again.

Whoooaaa slow down we only have 4 losses in a row its way to early to start talking about a 10 game losing streak.
Here ya go lasgop!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fucking easy goals for OV and it's over. Nevermind, I guess they took the first one away from him, but it's no matter. I don't see this losing streak ending anytime soon now...Lol We're completely fucked. Wouldn't be shocked if it goes 15-20 games, easy.

We simply don't have the personnel to win at the Nhl level right now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. WE are on a major downhill slide and I have no clue of when it will end no matter what Torts does. Your last statement is spot on. We just don't have the peeps to win at this level.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. WE are on a major downhill slide and I have no clue of when it will end no matter what Torts does. Your last statement is spot on. We just don't have the peeps to win at this level.
Yep, I'm looking at the schedule. Unless we get a few lucky bounces one night and Hart locks it down, there's no way we're beating the Pens, Isles, Lightning, Devils or Avs. That puts the losing streak at 14 when we play the Caps again in Philly. Then we go to Vegas and might have a shot at Arizona. Otherwise, this could get completely out of hand. If we don't beat the Yotes at that stage, we might not win again this calendar year.

Once we get Konecny and Laughton back, that's probably enough to finally win a game or two.

I wonder wtf the deal is with Atkinson. He's listed as week-to-week STILL with an upper body injury. I remember Torts saying he could possibly play in the opener almost SIX WEEKS AGO. He would help us out a lot too, much like a Konecny.