• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no "position" to get him. Plus they had no idea the team would be as good as they've been.

He should’ve been selling hard from the beginning

Now the twolves will likely have more draft capital out of this trade than he does

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prove it
We looking at better this year? Or better after another year of decline from Conely. He already is on restricted minutes, because his athleticism is declining. He is a shell of himself already, his value currently is far more his leadership than his play on the court.

I would prefer to bet on Tre Jones to keep progressing, Jordan Mclaughlin might be on par by then. Neither of them be better than average starters at best next year, but better than I think Conely is next year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camsanity? Just kidding.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the TLF Zone

A classic...

Jokes aside, I like this deal for Minnesota. All things considered...
  1. I've been a critic of Tim Connelly's negotiating tactics in the past.
  2. I think they need to make the decision to trade KAT soon before his contract becomes an albatross.
  3. I actually defended the Gobert deal because... It isn't like their team was a contender before he arrived. Worthwhile swing for the fences to see where how you franchise measures up...
For all talks about a decline, Mike Conley is averaging a career-high in assists this season at age 35. He will do what he's asked to do at this stage in his career.

The Timberwolves have a flawed roster, both before and after the trade. That said, this is good haul for them in exchange for a player they had little interest in re-signing.

KAT needs to go next, though. Either this summer or next February... Recover some assets while you still can.