• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Bill in my top 40
That's a bit harsh he's high 20s to me. Is he the reason they won 11 titles? Not the only one, but do they win 11 without him? I'd say no way.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has been said to death but man look at the West, it's 2 teams sort of ahead of the pack (maybe just 1 with Memphis struggling), 2 truly bad teams, and literally the other 11 teams are all pretty much the same level.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit harsh he's high 20s to me. Is he the reason they won 11 titles? Not the only one, but do they win 11 without him? I'd say no way.

He was an excellent defender for his era. The pacing of the game at the time was perfect for his skillset. Very quick possessions and little half court. Thus his and Wilts nine billion rebounds.

When you look at 1960 the scoring average was 107 per game but they averaged less than 40 percent shooting lol.

He just wasn't an offensively gifted player at all.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an excellent defender for his era. The pacing of the game at the time was perfect for his skillset. Very quick possessions and little half court. Thus his and Wilts nine billion rebounds.

When you look at 1960 the scoring average was 107 per game but they averaged less than 40 percent shooting lol.

Leadership and defense matter IMO. For his era, which is all he could compete in, he was pretty big time.

Like I said replace him with a journeyman on those teams and they are lucky to win 5-6 titles. He also has crazy good rebounding numbers. I stand by it, 27th, 28th, something like that

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bill Russell isn’t a Celtic he’s a lot closer to Ben Wallace.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my comparison was a current era Draymond…I think it’s either Wallace or Draymond. Maybe he has some resemblance of a jumpshot
I have a big mouth and I’m high so I have to run my mouth.

But really…I try and avoid this shit like the plague because I’m too fucking contemplative. What if we put Russell into the modern moment with shot doctors, AAU competition at 11-12 years old, weight training, fitness, diet, etc…. You can say that about all of these old players. Wilt is the only large man from that era that was truly athletically gifted from tape I saw and what I’ve read. Maybe that’s different if they’re born at another time. Or maybe he’s some MEAC dude we never hear of because there’s a lot of kids with size but you have to be athletic these days to hang.

This shit is literally incomparable from era to era. It’s fun sports gab though but it’s all opinions based on basketball values. I’ll own that part of the reason I’m still Michael Jordan is the GOAT is because he connects to my childhood and sports are just amplified when you’re young. There’s no question that LeBron is the better all around player. What Michael had was a GOAT level fuck you that LeBron hasn’t shown me. After the first half of his career 90s Mike just said you’re not fucking beating me and at the end of the day, that’s what sports is all about. Go roll the ball out and compete. You aren’t beating Michael Jordan in basketball. It’s why he lost more money playing golf than I’ll ever see in my lifetime. He is that guy in everything. But it was only ever actualized as a basketball player.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership and defense matter IMO. For his era, which is all he could compete in, he was pretty big time.

Like I said replace him with a journeyman on those teams and they are lucky to win 5-6 titles. He also has crazy good rebounding numbers. I stand by it, 27th, 28th, something like that
I can live with 27 28

But like I said his and wilts rebound numbers were as much about their dominance as it was the fact you had very quick possessions led by a league filled with bad shooters.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never once heard Jordan say this.

Mostly because he doesn’t have to.

Neither does Brady.

Brady doesn’t cause he’s not

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a big mouth and I’m high so I have to run my mouth.

But really…I try and avoid this shit like the plague because I’m too fucking contemplative. What if we put Russell into the modern moment with shot doctors, AAU competition at 11-12 years old, weight training, fitness, diet, etc…. You can say that about all of these old players. Wilt is the only large man from that era that was truly athletically gifted from tape I saw and what I’ve read. Maybe that’s different if they’re born at another time. Or maybe he’s some MEAC dude we never hear of because there’s a lot of kids with size but you have to be athletic these days to hang.

This shit is literally incomparable from era to era. It’s fun sports gab though but it’s all opinions based on basketball values. I’ll own that part of the reason I’m still Michael Jordan is the GOAT is because he connects to my childhood and sports are just amplified when you’re young. There’s no question that LeBron is the better all around player. What Michael had was a GOAT level fuck you that LeBron hasn’t shown me. After the first half of his career 90s Mike just said you’re not fucking beating me and at the end of the day, that’s what sports is all about. Go roll the ball out and compete. You aren’t beating Michael Jordan in basketball. It’s why he lost more money playing golf than I’ll ever see in my lifetime. He is that guy in everything. But it was only ever actualized as a basketball player.
I guess my only thought is if that is your reasoning I am taking KD. He is the most unguardable player of all time and his jumper is wet and unblockable. Arguably the greatest pickup player of all-time and 1-on-1 player. Not bad at every other facet too.
Right now I will stick with 1a and 1b

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam with his 3rd straight game of at least 40 points.

Kid is a walking bucket.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBook back and back to business for PHX