• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, those 3 and 4 guard lineups?

Starting to side eye Ham.

Especially considering the teams most productive and impressive players have all been frontcourt players.

Bryant/AD/Lebron or AD/Hachimua/Lebron

Start with either one of those and fill out the last two with whoever has been playing better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait….

Westbrook is unplayable in the 4th.

He will be unplayable in the playoffs.

He is not good anymore, despite his padded stats.

You are confusing not as terrible as last year and functional with being a decent player.

Also…. Lamar Odom, Deandre Jordan, Pat Beverly, Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, Nick Young, Kaman, Ron Harper…

Fuq outta here…lol

Both teams have a incestuous relationship with the others former players.

I don’t know why some Lakers fans think every good player available is destined to be a future Laker.

That’s your trash managements fault that they assumed they didn’t need to trade assets and that guys will just wait until the offseason to fall into your open arms.

Those days are long gone, Fam…..lmfao

Struck a nerve I see, lol. This is all good-natured ribbing, by the way.

Every Clippers star in recent memory was either drafted or Lakers misses. You're really going to compare that list of role players to the guys I mentioned (other than Odom)? Lakers got most of those guys at the tail end of their careers shopping for bargains essentially.

Other than CP3 (which took the commissioner to block), those "failings" have probably been for the best for the Lakers. Since Kawhi and George became Clips instead of Lakers, the Lakers are the ones with a title.

As far as Westbrook goes, again that is no impact (and actually a bonus) for tanking teams - the target market for his post Thursday services. Of course, who knows where he ends up if bought out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially considering the teams most productive and impressive players have all been frontcourt players.

Bryant/AD/Lebron or AD/Hachimua/Lebron

Start with either one of those and fill out the last two with whoever has been playing better.

The multi-guard lineups are typically when resting at least one of the big 2. They haven't been as frequent since the Rui trade, and there actually have been 1 guard lineups in play with Brown Jr playing SG essentially, even to start a game last week.

The Lakers' current guards aren't good enough defensively to play 3-4 guard lineups. Bev, sure (but as Mecca noted, not on forwards). In a pinch, maybe Christie (but he's very green). Schroder might get a steal or two, but isn't that good overall.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily.

But fuck those guys! Amirite @Wamu ?

:laugh3:

Now wait a minute. If you ignore all the shots I've taken at the Lakers over they years when have I ever talked badly about them? What you said about the Celtics is just mean!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struck a nerve I see, lol. This is all good-natured ribbing, by the way.

Every Clippers star in recent memory was either drafted or Lakers misses. You're really going to compare that list of role players to the guys I mentioned (other than Odom)? Lakers got most of those guys at the tail end of their careers shopping for bargains essentially.

Other than CP3 (which took the commissioner to block), those "failings" have probably been for the best for the Lakers. Since Kawhi and George became Clips instead of Lakers, the Lakers are the ones with a title.

As far as Westbrook goes, again that is no impact (and actually a bonus) for tanking teams - the target market for his post Thursday services. Of course, who knows where he ends up if bought out.
Struck a nerve?

Dude, puhlease….lol

You are the one crying about calling dibs on Dudes like that excludes any other team from pursuing them.

I saw her first!!!!

Really?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struck a nerve?

Dude, puhlease….lol

You are the one crying about calling dibs on Dudes like that excludes any other team from pursuing them.

I saw her first!!!!

Really?

Didn't call dibs whatsoever; the media did. We all know the lead story on each of those players (and the coach) was Lakers before they became Clippers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Now wait a minute. If you ignore all the shots I've taken at the Lakers over they years when have I ever talked badly about them? What you said about the Celtics is just mean!

Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor