• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've made any ridiculous predictions yet this season but I'm going with the Lakers missing the play-in entirely and making at least the 6th seed.

:thumb::D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've made any ridiculous predictions yet this season but I'm going with the Lakers missing the play-in entirely and making at least the 6th seed.

:thumb::D

Hey why the not? LeBron's playing outta his mind. If he's not averaging the most ppg at his age not sure who averaged more.

The key of course is AD. Dude's gotta stay healthy once he gets back on the floor.

Saw something about Westbrick getting traded to the Spurs. You think that'll happen?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw something about Westbrick getting traded to the Spurs. You think that'll happen?

I don't know, I don't see the pieces there to give up a 1st (since I doubt they'd include Poetl and the Lakers would need another PG). I like Richardson, but he's reportedly available for a 2nd. A 2nd and Bev's contract matches up pretty well. I'm not sold on McDermott, don't see much beyond his shooting.

If it was Russ/lottery protected first/2nd for Richardson, McDermott, Poetl......maybe. Lakers would still have Bev's salary to get another PG...maybe McConnell?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey why the not? LeBron's playing outta his mind. If he's not averaging the most ppg at his age not sure who averaged more.

The key of course is AD. Dude's gotta stay healthy once he gets back on the floor.

I mean, to be honest, I don't really believe it myself. I just wanted to put something outrageous out there so I can go with the ol "See, I told you so" if by some miracle it does happen. The West is wide open so you never know but even this is a bit of a stretch.

I'm encouraged how the team has played when essentially they've had three starters (AD, Walkers and Reeves) out for a while. They've surprised a few teams like Memphis and Portland lately and even either losses to Dallas, Philly and Sac weren't decided until the very last minute.

I don't think anybody is expecting this team to win the Championship. Heck, i'll take a play in win for a playoff spot and maybe a couple of wins in the first round before being knocked out. We'll see.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I don't see the pieces there to give up a 1st (since I doubt they'd include Poetl and the Lakers would need another PG). I like Richardson, but he's reportedly available for a 2nd. A 2nd and Bev's contract matches up pretty well. I'm not sold on McDermott, don't see much beyond his shooting.

If it was Russ/lottery protected first/2nd for Richardson, McDermott, Poetl......maybe. Lakers would still have Bev's salary to get another PG...maybe McConnell?

How much is left on RW's contract, could the Lakers buy him out in the off season if a trade doesn't happen?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, to be honest, I don't really believe it myself. I just wanted to put something outrageous out there so I can go with the ol "See, I told you so" if by some miracle it does happen. The West is wide open so you never know but even this is a bit of a stretch.

I'm encouraged how the team has played when essentially they've had three starters (AD, Walkers and Reeves) out for a while. They've surprised a few teams like Memphis and Portland lately and even either losses to Dallas, Philly and Sac weren't decided until the very last minute.

I don't think anybody is expecting this team to win the Championship. Heck, i'll take a play in win for a playoff spot and maybe a couple of wins in the first round before being knocked out. We'll see.

There's no doubt they've been playing better lately. What's the time table on AD?