• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is there for like 20 games and playoffs. They were winging it and when it counted both guys were banged up. Maxey is a project coming into last year and he blows up. Jokic gets credit for dragging guys along but we’re gonna say that the attention Embiid gets doesn’t play a role in the growth of Maxey and what’s he’s gonna be able to get? Either way, that’s Maxey’s first year at any level playing the 1. Harris is one of the worst contracts in the league. He was a guy who in his Sixers career had his best production playing with Simmons. Simmons goes and his game took a dip. When Harden comes he actually regressed. Prior to that Harris has never been anything more than a 3rd option. Harris is the only guy that when you look at 2021-22 season is a guy who would have been a 2 on that Denver team. Harden was hardly around for 3/4 of the season, Embiid is the leader of a team that has to produce while also dealing with that Simmons drama playing out. He opens up the court for Maxey who takes a major step forward. And he had his team in the 4 seed through all of that. But for whatever reason NBA media didn’t like that narrative. They felt like on the strength of a 6 seed season Joker had to win his 2nd MVP in a row.
long rant to say yes, I agree, dt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought for sure the Warriors would get pasted in Boston but they are looking good (no jinx). As good as Boston is maybe the Warriors just match up well with them?
Likely will be doing a parlay on tonight's game. Any idea who, if anyone, sits for GS?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have known better than betting Boston minus the pts.
I'd take GS plus the points tonight.....no matter who plays/sits.

Love my team but they rarely make it easy and last I saw GS getting 7.5

The difference is you might be a little more upset than me if you lose, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s dumb

Might be an attempt to prop his trade value for the summer while also seeing once and for all if he can fit.

Because paying him all that money to play 25 minutes off the bench doesn’t make sense at all.

While it might not be best for the short term, the Warriors may be looking ahead on this one.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

What are the wiz gonna do?

Do they really believe beal zinger and kuz is a legit big 3?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s dumb

Might be an attempt to prop his trade value for the summer while also seeing once and for all if he can fit.

Because paying him all that money to play 25 minutes off the bench doesn’t make sense at all.

While it might not be best for the short term, the Warriors may be looking ahead on this one.

It’s possible that the warriors insistence to thread the needle will age poorly.

Or you can argue winning last year makes it irrelevant

But the reality that they likely could already have a Myles turner or the like on the roster makes it look like a mistake imo.

Then again, I would’ve taken ball over wiseman. But they’re clinging to wiseman like he’s still worth he 2nd pick is an issue now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no! Hey @Mecca check this out.

Sixers' Joel Embiid fires back at Hakeem Olajuwon over critical comments (from sixerswire)

Embiid...

"It's funny when these old guys always talk about posting up, 'you need to spend more time in the paint', and that stuff. You can't win anymore like that. It's not the freaking 90's or 80's like it use to be. So, they must not have any basketball IQ."

Damn. Saying Hakeem lacks basketball IQ. What an incredibly foolish thing to say.

Embiid blasted NBA royalty and one of the best and most accomplished centers of all time. Not a good idea.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is remarkable how much Simmons crumbles when he's asked to lead.
I didn’t see the game but a guy on the radio earlier said he was obviously trying to get ejected. He’s just not a guy that is happy on the court.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sixers' Joel Embiid fires back at Hakeem Olajuwon over critical comments (from sixerswire)

Embiid...

"It's funny when these old guys always talk about posting up, 'you need to spend more time in the paint', and that stuff. You can't win anymore like that. It's not the freaking 90's or 80's like it use to be. So, they must not have any basketball IQ."

Damn. Saying Hakeem lacks basketball IQ. What an incredibly foolish thing to say.

Embiid blasted NBA royalty and one of the best and most accomplished centers of all time. Not a good idea.
I think he was being a bit sarcastic maybe. I’ll say this, Embiid might be the only center in the league that could jump in a time capsule and be just as good in that era.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embiid...

He’s not wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw GS sitting nearly all the starters tonight. Line went up to 12.5. I'd still take GS.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw GS sitting nearly all the starters tonight. Line went up to 12.5. I'd still take GS.
So the fans in Cieveland get screwed likely because last night was a national tv game and the Ws couldn’t rest players.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was being a bit sarcastic maybe. I’ll say this, Embiid might be the only center in the league that could jump in a time capsule and be just as good in that era.

Sarcastic? I find that hard to believe. After all last season he went outta his way to say the media doesn't like him.