• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First it was, the Nets suck too.

Uh, not anymore.

Now it’s “ but the Dubs “!!!!

Yes, GS has struggled, even when healthy.

…..and to an extent, some of us have given them a pass.

But, they won it all last year.

That buys them some grace.

No matter what happens from here on out, Lebron and AD’s Laker days were worth it all because of that chip.

But, it’s starting to appear like that year was the exception and the others the rule.
Yep the ship saved them but 2 out of 5 years making the playoffs. That shit will get you hung in LA...of course Lebron is older so he isn't carrying a team but compared to the rest of his career-not making the playoffs that many times in 5 years is pretty crazy. Just shows how this FO did building around Lebron, it isn't easy. Miami and Cleveland had their moments but did a great job overall. Cle wasn't working with much especially the first go around.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks, but it's true...

Looking forward to some major house cleaning. I'd think it has to happen at some point...
Again: I fucking HATE the Lakers.

But, what management is doing is so fucking annoying.

Why wait until the gap is insurmountable to make moves?

Im teasing @DJ and @shopson67 .

But, the right move puts them right in the middle of the playoff chase.

Pull the fricking trigger, man.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the market isn't as big of a deal in the NBA. Other sports? A different story. If you are a competing team with likeable players and coaches, players will want to go play for your team. Milwaukee is a good example
in baseball it does. In football it doesnt matter at all- even less than the current NBA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop, the only team the Clippers can beat consistently is the Lakers.

We are the tallest midget.

You can’t use the 1 damn free throw excuse when missing them late is a thing your stars do often.

Twice is often? AD is shooting 82.6% from the line this year. Better management of minutes and substitutions from the rookie head coach could've fixed both of those games (and the Pacers game).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before AD's injury (and we still don't know what the hell it is), Lakers had just lost extremely close games to the Sixers, Pacers and Celtics and were 11-6 in their last 17, weathering a few games missed by AD and Lebron. That was definite reason for optimism. Trades are supposedly on the horizon for improvements. Sure, AD's injury could potentially derail EVERYTHING, but we don't know the severity yet.

Am I supposed to stop pushing for the Lakers to win games? The first place team (that the Lakers have beaten twice already this year) is only 19-11. The whole damn conference is essentially playing .500 ball the past 10 games.
I totally get it. All of us Stan for our teams. Ridiculous optimism is often a whole lot better than reality. Tough break out of nowhere on AD getting hurt. Dude is indestructible. I mean who could see that coming? Thank God LeBron is young though. It reduces the likelihood that he too will get hurt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what I mean? The fact that this comment bothers you… Cleveland. Plain and simple. They have a Napoleonic complex because in the world of sports they walk around with a micro penis.
View attachment 317309
The only thing I wonder is what you google searched to find this...you don't have to tell me. Food for thoughts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally get it. All of us Stan for our teams. Ridiculous optimism is often a whole lot better than reality. Tough break out of nowhere on AD getting hurt. Dude is indestructible. I mean who could see that coming? Thank God LeBron is young though. It reduces the likelihood that he too will get hurt.

Funny coming from an Embiid fan, but sure...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting hit on a push off in a series - but still playing - is the same as going down for all but 11 games? For half a season?

Once again that is also comedy gold.
Actually it’s worse. You see Rubio is a tier D player. Joel Embiid has been an MVP candidate. But the biggest difference is that the games involving Embiid were actually playoff games that matter. The 2021-22 Cavs weren’t good enough to play any of those. They had two games to get in and failed both times. Not even close to a comparison.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

They got derailed at the end by injuries.

Obviously, they are a better team NOW.

A year of growth from Mobley and Mitchell replacing a injured Sexton makes it slightly different.
right...of course Rubio and Sexton were out for the season---- they traded for LeVert to help the back court playmaking and he got hurt on 2 different occasions. Allen got hurt for a long time. Garland missed a lot of games with injury- Mobley missed a couple weeks.

They survived the Rubio and Sexton season ending injuries- but once Allen was out for an extended period, and LeVert, Garland and Mobley were all in and out of the lineup they just couldnt hold it together anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just being real, if I were an Orlando Magic fan I’d still rip God’s bowel movement, Cleveland.

Funny you should mention the Magic, since their young core is looking a bit like the Cavs last year. Getting the right veteran pieces could rocket them into the playoff mix.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right...of course Rubio and Sexton were out for the season---- they traded for LeVert to help the back court playmaking and he got hurt on 2 different occasions. Allen got hurt for a long time. Garland missed a lot of games with injury- Mobley missed a couple weeks.

They survived the Rubio and Sexton season ending injuries- but once Allen was out for an extended period, and LeVert, Garland and Mobley were all in and out of the lineup they just couldnt hold it together anymore.

Sounds like we should call all of the Cavs street-clothes?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I wonder is what you google searched to find this...you don't have to tell me. Food for thoughts.
“Micropenis” it’s a funny ass search. Most of what I found in Google images would have gotten me a ban ha.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in baseball it does. In football it doesnt matter at all- even less than the current NBA.
In baseball it matters because of the lack of revenue sharing so, sure, the large markets will have more and spend more.....but IF a smaller market is willing to spend players will go there. I mean, Baez went to Detroit. Correa originally to Minnesota.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny coming from an Embiid fan, but sure...
AD is WalMart Brand Embiid. That’s why he’s 1-6 head to head vs the Alpha. Two oft injured big men but my guy is better and he proves it every time they take the floor together. I very much enjoy it when I watch the Brow make himself a jump shooter vs Embiid.

757903A9-D88D-4467-9682-A1B683655D61.png

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice is often? AD is shooting 82.6% from the line this year. Better management of minutes and substitutions from the rookie head coach could've fixed both of those games (and the Pacers game).
Shop, Lebron has missed free throws late his entire career.

So, I am assuming you mean Davis?

Close only counts in darts and horseshoes.

We don’t get Monday morning quarterback do overs.

That’s like me saying the Clippers can beat the Suns in the post season because they only lost on a out of bounds alley oop as time expired.

Or, if we had a healthy Kawhi, things would have been different.

No.

There is enough evidence to show that they have been the better team, and like Davis, Kawhi missing time is a constant.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I remember a lot of shit talking before the Cavs injuries starting settling in. They were 19-12 as of 12/21 last year, 22-11 this year.
Last year was still a rebuilding year, everyone knew it. It was definitely a good surprise and yes, if healthy, I think they definitely could have competed for a top 4 seed...injuries happened, part of the game.

They have already dealt with injuries this season but the difference is they have Mitchell. The feeling isn't the same.