• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really good.

Dude had a interesting journey.

Kinda similar to MJ with not being able to make his high school team…repeatedly.

His Dad used to piece him up, call him all kinds of mf’s if he didn’t play well.

But, the thing that stood out was the trash ass Orlando Magic.

Im glad he left if his story is accurate.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really good.

Dude had a interesting journey.

Kinda similar to MJ with not being able to make his high school team…repeatedly.

His Dad used to piece him up, call him all kinds of mf’s if he didn’t play well.

But, the thing that stood out was the trash ass Orlando Magic.

Im glad he left if his story is accurate.

I’m gonna have to watch now. I always thought the magic knew he was leaving to do Hollywood (like bron did 2 decades later)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna have to watch now. I always thought the magic knew he was leaving to do Hollywood (like bron did 2 decades later)
Nah, they had him and lowballed him. Did him wrong. Idiots

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they had him and lowballed him. Did him wrong. Idiots

I’m curious how much it would’ve mattered considering how quickly pennys knee gave out and how nick Anderson was never the same after missing those fts

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position do we have Chet playing?

I mean, If they dealt Giddey….

SGA, Dort, OG, Chet and whoever at center could be fucking terrifying, defensively.
Yeah Chet is a 4 for me personally. I think offensively the league is positionless basketball. I think defensively it would be easiest to employ him as the 4. That’s the best way to utilize what I think has the potential to be where he can make a difference defensively and that’s an off the ball help defender shot blocker. I think he’s easier to hide from getting involved in pick and roll which I’m thinking is going to be a struggle for him to defend especially earthly on in his career.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, depends on the trade. With what appears to be available this summer, better acquisitions may be available via trade now. That said, I think Jeanie has a lady boner for Kuzma. That's reportedly why she nixed the Pacers trade after camp.
I posted something a few days ago where it would be totally Lakers-like to to trade Kuzma away in a deal with a first round pick- and then trade a first round pick to get him back.

He would be helpful though. He might even be worth an unprotected pick assuming they plan on paying him handsomely and resigning him- which I am sure they would.

Hes a solid shooter power forward that can rebound and get to the rim. Hes turned himself into an above average starter if you ask me. Id rather have him then Hield----- Turner is debatable since Turner plays some damn good defense and is athletic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting parts of Miles career were how his draft selection wrecked the bulls plans in 2000 and lead to the disastrous playing Marcus fizer at the 3 selection

When he got traded to CLe there was a theory that some scouts quoted in SI that didn’t like the trade because he was gonna have to take on more of a primary scoring role as hurt his development of an all around game (basically the opposite of tmac’s development since the Cavs didn’t have a Vinsanity, but his knees were shot anyway so it was irrelevant

And finally, when his knees went and the blazers got that exception and then he played enough for other teams to put his salary back on their cap you had that stern memo from a blazers exec saying teams had a legal duty not to sign miles and intentionally hurt the blazers. I wrote my note in law school about this issue
are you still a practicing attorney? if so what type of law?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what happens when you don’t want to give up RJ. Working out better for Utah, Markannen is having a hell of a year
he looked good last night against the Cavs too.

I liked when they got Maarkanen and I was kinda bummed to see him go---- but cant even have a whiff of complaint. Mitchell has been playing like an MVP candidate and is only 26. He really has pulled the team together.

This core of Mitchell/Garland/Allen/Mobley is going to be a lot of fun to see grow- esp. if they can keep them all together long term- which they should be able to do.

Mobley will take a max to resign you would think. Garland is signed up 4 more years after this one. Allen 3 more years after this one. Mitchell 2 more years after this one. Cap keeps going up- they have it staggered pretty nicely and Mobley will only be on a "first" max deal which is only 25% of the cap and isnt even eligible for it for another 2 years after this year if I am not mistaken.

not sure I would rather have another roster in the league.....some are close.....obviously depending on short term/long term goals.....depending on those goals- Milwaukee, Boston, Memphis come to mind.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something a few days ago where it would be totally Lakers-like to to trade Kuzma away in a deal with a first round pick- and then trade a first round pick to get him back.

He would be helpful though. He might even be worth an unprotected pick assuming they plan on paying him handsomely and resigning him- which I am sure they would.

Hes a solid shooter power forward that can rebound and get to the rim. Hes turned himself into an above average starter if you ask me. Id rather have him then Hield----- Turner is debatable since Turner plays some damn good defense and is athletic.

While he'd definitely be an upgrade over Westbrook, I'd be concerned if Kuz would work as the 3rd wheel.

Turner would be good insurance for AD being out, especially defensively.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take out Draymond and add Jarrett Allen
Allen needs more respect.

Cavs give up the least points in the league and are #2 in defensive efficiency and he is the main reason why. He can run the floor and shoots a crazy high percentage. He is a damn good player. His deal is an absolute steal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really get it.

Lebron won’t be Lebron much longer.

I understand it’s easy for fans to say fuck the tax, give up the picks and get better.

But, that’s hard to do when the team is your primary source of income.

Eventhough the Lakers have a obscene TV deal…

Fact remains they are millionaires in the land of billionaires.

not many old time owners in the league.

As I have said many times- the old time owners who's main asset is an NBA team is almost gone. Lakers might be the very last one.

Every other owner is a multi-billionaire and has an NBA team as a hobby rather than their primary business. Especially with the Lakers when the team is owned by a trust for the benefit of all 5 kids- it makes it even more difficult to get momentum to deficit spend when you dont have a company like Microsoft or Quicken loans, etc. subsidizing the basketball side.

Some of the NBA owners are the richest people in United States like Gilbert, Ballmer, Tsai, Pera, Harris, Arison, etc.

Gilbert is def. #2 behind Ballmer who is #1.....pretty big gap between Ballmer and Gilbert and Gilbert and #3 too. I think Ballmer is at like 75 billy, and Gilber at like 35--- no one else even at 20.

The Buss' are only like 60-65% owners too- def. majority but not everything

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen only takes 9 shots a game. 4th on the team- and Osman and Love are both at over 7 a game.

He is efficient, great teammate, one of the best defenders in the league, shoots a high percentage, never complains and rebounds like crazy. He can run the floor.

Once Rubio comes back in February it will be fun to see him out there with Mobley and/or Allen in the 2nd unit here or there. Lobs will be coming.

Mobley is still improving- he is def. not there yet- but he just keeps getting better. Skill set is a rich-man's Bam.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you still a practicing attorney? if so what type of law?

Nah. I do Jd preferred work now. A lot of compliance stuff

I went at the worst time for corporate and securities law and things just never took off.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen needs more respect.

Cavs give up the least points in the league and are #2 in defensive efficiency and he is the main reason why. He can run the floor and shoots a crazy high percentage. He is a damn good player. His deal is an absolute steal.
More of a steal…what they gave up for him bc the Nets wanted a friend for Kyrie and KD. DeAndre, washed DeAndre lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dort and change?

But, that’s not what Toronto wants.

They want their Native Son, SGA.

Pass.

OG is better than Dort.

But, not a SGA sized gap better.
Yeah F a bunch of that, Presti has his player in Dort that can guard the other teams best player every night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I do Jd preferred work now. A lot of compliance stuff

I went at the worst time for corporate and securities law and things just never took off.
gotcha.....I do EP for mostly high level clients at a firm- we have almost 10 attorneys that do just EP- pretty sizeable department for that type of law.