• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fell asleep about 6pm in the bedroom once the karaoke machine came out in the living room.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis can only ever play for two weeks at a time,” Ellis said by telephone from Europe last week. “James Harden wanted respect for giving back $7 million in free agency. Kevin Durant said to fire everyone in Brooklyn. These sorts of guys don’t inspire me anymore. Maybe that’s an age thing. When you’re a kid, you look up to these guys as heroes. Now you look at them and you go, ‘What the f— is wrong with this guy?’ The NBA season doesn’t have the same spark.”

Ellis stunned his colleagues and listeners in October, then, when he joined the Great Resignation, abruptly announcing his departure from “No Dunks,” the Athletic’s flagship NBA podcast, without lining up another job in sports media. While traveling with his wife, Roxana, and his two young sons during the offseason, Ellis concluded he had soured on many aspects of the NBA grind. After taping more than 2,500 shows over the past 11 years, he felt the regular season was far too long, load management had run amok and a number of superstars had lost touch with the average fan.

1669370813629.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate and went into the bedroom when they busted out the karaoke machine.....

Now I gotta hop in the shower and get ready for work.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate and went into the bedroom when they busted out the karaoke machine.....

Now I gotta hop in the shower and get ready for work.
Well, have a good day.

Im gonna read a book.

Going straight to bed when I land.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen was a steal.

Full stop.

Dunno what you are referring to with Harden.

As for the Heat, I'm still not giving you credit for that Riley is losing his fastball nonsense.

I just think somethings just broke wrong.

They owe trash ass Robinson over 70 mil and he's shooting 30%.

Not from 3.

From the field....lol

Olidipo is as big a thief as Kawhi.

Both of those were clear mistakes.

No complaints on Bam.

I love Herro.

But, they just gave him 130 mil and he's played 55, 54 and 66 games...... Has he ever had a major injury?

Has he ever had a surgery?

When he's on the court he's fire and worth every penny.

But, he doesn't play hurt...not even in the playoffs.

He's already missed 8 games this year.

Jimmy?

Nothing bad to say about him.

He misses time.

But, the guy gives his all.

They owe Lowry 58 mil and he's in a slight decline.

Not CP3 level.

But, getting there.

...and as much as I like the Martin kid, he's 6'5.

They need a legit pf....the guy they gave away for Lowry is playing pretty well as a reserve.

Toronto Raptor fans should be happy as hell.

They got a chip out of Kawhi and Lowry and then avoided paying them at the start of their decline.

Plus, their team is better than both the Clippers and Heat.

Riley, Frank took reasonable and understandable risks.

But, Masai outwitted them both.

I won't even get started on OKC.
Riley sucks

The heart of when I was saying that was the James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Kelly Olnyk days.

He then got Butler because Philly chose Simmons over him- which was Phillies bad more than anything---- he then gave a ton of money to Robinson and Lowry---- and Butler is good for now but that contract is going to hamstring them before its over thats for sure

You think its a good idea to spend OVER a 100 million a year on Butler, Lowry, Oladip and Robinson next year? Think of what a location like Miami could do with the combined 60 mill or so spent on Oladipo, Lowry and Robinson. FFS. Fact is he has done a shitty job putting talent around Bam and Butler while Butler is still good (even if he always misses time). At least Bam (the soon-to-be poor man's Mobley) seems like his balls have dropped a little this year.

As for Allen- I said at the time of the deal 3 years from the deal he would be the best player in the deal. I realize that was a taaaaaaaaad over ambitious at the time- but it sure doesnt look so crazy now. Tlance laughed and said he would be the 4th best player in the deal in that time frame- that LaVert and Oladipo would be better and laughed at Harden.

I'll get AT LEAST 2 out of 3 on that one- and Allen was an all star last year and looks great- like one of the best pure centers in basketball and a lynchpin to the Cavs very good defense even though they have a short, non-defensive back court--- and Harden also is already regressing.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a real issue with the Lowry deal. He's hovering around 50th in the league in advanced stats. It's not absurdly bad or anything.

Oladipo is 9 mil. You're not gonna get a guy who could possibly have his kind of impact at that price but he doesn't seem to give a shit anymore.

As said previously the Duncan deal is the real fuckup.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley sucks

The heart of when I was saying that was the James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Kelly Olnyk days.

He then got Butler because Philly chose Simmons over him- which was Phillies bad more than anything---- he then gave a ton of money to Robinson and Lowry---- and Butler is good for now but that contract is going to hamstring them before its over thats for sure

You think its a good idea to spend OVER a 100 million a year on Butler, Lowry, Oladip and Robinson next year? Think of what a location like Miami could do with the combined 60 mill or so spent on Oladipo, Lowry and Robinson. FFS. Fact is he has done a shitty job putting talent around Bam and Butler while Butler is still good (even if he always misses time). At least Bam (the soon-to-be poor man's Mobley) seems like his balls have dropped a little this year.

As for Allen- I said at the time of the deal 3 years from the deal he would be the best player in the deal. I realize that was a taaaaaaaaad over ambitious at the time- but it sure doesnt look so crazy now. Tlance laughed and said he would be the 4th best player in the deal in that time frame- that LaVert and Oladipo would be better and laughed at Harden.

I'll get AT LEAST 2 out of 3 on that one- and Allen was an all star last year and looks great- like one of the best pure centers in basketball and a lynchpin to the Cavs very good defense even though they have a short, non-defensive back court--- and Harden also is already regressing.

You are so damn obsessed.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics were 3 games under 39 games in last season.
The Heat and Celtics are similar in a lot of ways...

... a notable one being their reliance on the 3 pt shot in order to excel.

As the Celtics have begun to shoot the ball better, their team has taken off.

Can the Heat get their 3 pt touch back? That's the question, IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ofcouse you dont have to stop, I didnt ask you to.

You can do what ever you want.

But, I can also respond by posting the fact that Udonis Haslem has played more games than the guy you set 20 million dollars on fire to sign.

As bad as Kawhi's attendance, contract and play is..

Hasn't crippled us as we are still above .500.

Inb4...Clippers are better without Kawhi

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat and Celtics are similar in a lot of ways...

... a notable one being their reliance on the 3 pt shot in order to excel.

As the Celtics have begun to shoot the ball better, their team has taken off.

Can the Heat get their 3 pt touch back? That's the question, IMO.

The celtics shooting is ridiculous. Damn near every player can hit 3s.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this morning where it looks like Robert Williams will be back by Christmas

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had this potential for a while... the additions of White and Brogdon have really sent Boston's offense into overdrive.

The Celtics can field all kinds of line-ups full of guys who can drive, shoot or both... them and Sacramento (interestingly) are lapping the field when it comes to offense.

It's perhaps worth mentioning that the Celtics and Kings play tonight.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley sucks

LOL at Riley sucks.