• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically might be a chance to bring him back due to that

Get a more reasonable deal

Supposedly he wanted Beasley money before the year

That ain’t happening now
I was so pumped for Nowell that I viewed the Beasley inclusion in the Gobert trade as addition by subtraction. On the brightside I can transfer all the fanboy energy to Walker-Alexander.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is my favorite player from that trade. He reminds me of AC Green on the Showtime Lakers.
Everything about him is awesome. He does all the thankless stuff at a great level, and gives no shits about his stats. He is basically 80% of Dennis Rodman minus the rebounds.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so pumped for Nowell that I viewed the Beasley inclusion in the Gobert trade as addition by subtraction. On the brightside I can transfer all the fanboy energy to Walker-Alexander.

I mean, it still was. Beasley wasn’t good. And it gave you a free look at Nowell.

From what I’ve read they let Nowell dribble too much

He’s a catch and shoot guy like Beasley

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything about Ant maybe being sick? Dude looked gray last night and like he had no energy.

They used that excuse the last time the Lakers and Wolves played too. Then it could've been true. Almost 2 weeks later? He should be quarantined if so.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slid the pivot foot. In the grand scheme of missed traveling calls, is it a necessary nit-pick? Maybe not.

He slid his pivot foot twice.

It's a travel. Either we enforce travels or we don't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He slid his pivot foot twice.

It's a travel. Either we enforce travels or we don't.

Sure, but a pivot foot sliding doesn't have nearly the impact of the traveling calls ignored elsewhere in my opinion. Not going to die on that hill.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but a pivot foot sliding doesn't have nearly the impact of the traveling calls ignored elsewhere in my opinion. Not going to die on that hill.

We can all agree that the enforcement of traveling is arbitrary. Sometimes they call minor infractions when players are walking the ball up the court and unchallenged. Sometimes they don't call a player taking 4 steps.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all agree that the enforcement of traveling is arbitrary. Sometimes they call minor infractions when players are walking the ball up the court and unchallenged. Sometimes they don't call a player taking 4 steps.
Right, and in my opinion, that would be the bigger advantage to the offensive player. I didn't have a problem with the traveling call on AD either, for that matter.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if Antman had anything close to a normal performance we are taking about a different outcome.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, us Lakers fans have some experience with having to defend, or at least justify, a bad trade.
Not me.

The George for SHAI, J Dub and a bunch of other shit was a bad trade in hindsight.

The only reason I’m not curled into the fetal position is because….

Well, I’m used to it…..lol

Any fan trying to justify Minny giving up the farm for that stiff Frenchmen is in complete DENIAL.

It was a horrible trade, reminiscent of the Westbrook deal in lack of fit.

But, at least the Lakers didn’t give away 5 fricking 1st rounders, if you include Kessler, for a guy who you can’t play in 4th quarters of tight games.

That doesn’t even take into account just giving away a plus defender in Vanderbilt, who they sure could have used last night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me.

The George for SHAI, J Dub and a bunch of other shit was a bad trade in hindsight.

The only reason I’m not curled into the fetal position is because….

Well, I’m used to it…..lol

Any fan trying to justify Minny giving up the farm for that stiff Frenchmen is in complete DENIAL.

It was a horrible trade, reminiscent of the Westbrook deal in lack of fit.

But, at least the Lakers didn’t give away 5 fricking 1st rounders, if you include Kessler, for a guy who you can’t play in 4th quarters of tight games.

That doesn’t even take into account just giving away a plus defender in Vanderbilt, who they sure could have used last night.

Agree. They massively overpaid in what they gave up and his contract is a pretty big overpay.

Like Westbrook with the Lakers...I understand the logic behind it, but don't think it should have happened.

As for PG, hindsight is 20/20. It's like when the Lakers brought in Dwight and Nash...it didn't work out like everyone thought it would.

But at the time, there wasn't a GM in the league who wouldn't have done that trade.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending the trade. It was a bad trade. Just pointing it out that calling it the worst trade in sports history is ignorant.

The franchises I have followed have all made WAY worse trades unfortunately. And most franchises at some point have also made worse moves.
Ok.

I think I understand your point.

So, you are debating the fact that it wasn’t as assey as say…..

Kwame Brown for Gasol?

Dirk for Tractor Trailer……etc?

@Stakesarehigh post might have been a bit of hyperbole.

But, when it’s all said and done, you are probably only going to be a slightly taller midget.

In terms of fit, that contract and the price you paid to acquire it, Minny got taken to the cleaners.

They we’re bidding against themselves.

If any of those players/picks turns into Stars?

It’s possible we revisit worst NBA trade in history territory.

Time will tell.

Right now, it’s Pierce and Garnett to Brooklyn bad.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The odd thing is, Danny traded for Kessler and Vando, then determined Vando wasn't needed because they liked Kessler. I'm happy for it as a Laker fan, but that's two teams that undervalued Vando within a season.

That said, watching last night's game reinforced that I wanted Conley over DLo lol. Hope DLo isn't hurt, going to need him moving forward in the playoffs.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

I think I understand your point.

Kwame Brown for Gasol?

Dirk for Tractor Trailer……etc?

@Stakesarehigh post might have been a bit of hyperbole.

But, when it’s all said and done, you are probably only going to be a slightly taller midget.

In terms of fit, that contract and the price you paid to acquire it, Minny got taken to the cleaners.

They we’re bidding against themselves.

If any of those players/picks turns into Stars?

It’s possible we revisit worst NBA trade in history territory.

Time will tell.

Right now, it’s Pierce and Garnett to Brooklyn bad.

Dirk for Tractor is hindsight though.

Kwame for Gasol was a bad trade day of for sure.

I'm definitely being a little hyperbolic but it's not looking good.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. They massively overpaid in what they gave up and his contract is a pretty big overpay.

Like Westbrook with the Lakers...I understand the logic behind it, but don't think it should have happened.

As for PG, hindsight is 20/20. It's like when the Lakers brought in Dwight and Nash...it didn't work out like everyone thought it would.

But at the time, there wasn't a GM in the league who wouldn't have done that trade.
Exactly.

Which is what makes the Minny trade such a spectacular FAIL.

This dumb ass overpay really brought the trade market to a screeching halt.

I don’t remember many fans, nor analyst, that thought this would work.

It is undoubtedly WORSE than the Westbrook trade….imo

Because, they haven’t even began to pay the price in draft compensation and this clown has 3 more years and about 130 mil still left on his deal.

FFS….lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kwame Brown for Gasol?

They got Marc Gasol and two firsts out of that deal; Kwame was essentially a role player by that point and the rest was just money matching. They picked poorly with those 2 late 1sts (and especially in that 2010 draft, there wasn't much to pick from at that point), which didn't help things. Marc was the real prize on their end.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Which is what makes the Minny trade such a spectacular FAIL.

This dumb ass overpay really brought the trade market to a screeching halt.

I don’t remember many fans, nor analyst, that thought this would work.

It is undoubtedly WORSE than the Westbrook trade….imo

Because, they haven’t even began to pay the price in draft compensation and this clown has 3 more years and about 130 mil still left on his deal.

FFS….lol

Easily worse than the Westbrook deal.