• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t understand what Dallas is doing with their rotations.

Christian Wood played 12 minutes last night. He was 3/3 from the field and scored 9 points.

I get that he isn’t a good defender. But are you telling me that his scoring can’t help on a night where Kyrie and Luka are getting swarmed? He is posting 20 and 10 on good efficiency when he gets the minutes.

Are Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell and all the random wings they keep play at the 4 really better for the team?

I've never understood their love for Dwight Powell.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He probably isn’t 14.

AAU probably should rebrand their “age” rules because you can have age exceptions to allow kids to play with their grade in school.

Which makes sense for recruiting purposes as you have all these reclassified kids who would otherwise age out of U18 and be ineligible.

But it is a bad look when a kid like this, who could be a 15 year old 8th grader plays against a bunch of average 13 year olds.

That is more on the coaches of this kid though. Not helping him get better. Whether he is 13 or 16, he needs to be playing better competition.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably isn’t 14.

AAU probably should rebrand their “age” rules because you can have age exceptions to allow kids to play with their grade in school.

Which makes sense for recruiting purposes as you have all these reclassified kids who would otherwise age out of U18 and be ineligible.

But it is a bad look when a kid like this, who could be a 15 year old 8th grader plays against a bunch of average 13 year olds.

That is more on the coaches of this kid though. Not helping him get better. Whether he is 13 or 16, he needs to be playing better competition.

As you said it's counterproductive to his game...sure he can go out and dominate those kids but what is the point

So can many of us and we are old

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gonna call me a conspiracy theorist but I don’t care. Embiid is never winning any award that is dependent on the media picking it. They hate the man. Want evidence? Just take a look at The Athletic this week. You have Shams drop his clickbait article on Embiid where the entire interview is one MVP question after another trying to get those quotes we saw this week. And then yesterday the Jokic piece from the Athletic drops. Get this…the Fucking thing is a human interest piece that revolves around his love for horses. Bwahahaha! GTFO. Just crown the fucking Serbian and be done with it. Straw poll comes out this week and I’m calling it. Jokic has at least 2 first place votes for every 1 Embiid first place vote.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gonna call me a conspiracy theorist but I don’t care. Embiid is never winning any award that is dependent on the media picking it. They hate the man. Want evidence? Just take a look at The Athletic this week. You have Shams drop his clickbait article on Embiid where the entire interview is one MVP question after another trying to get those quotes we saw this week. And then yesterday the Jokic piece from the Athletic drops. Get this…the Fucking thing is a human interest piece that revolves around his love for horses. Bwahahaha! GTFO. Just crown the fucking Serbian and be done with it. Straw poll comes out this week and I’m calling it. Jokic has at least 2 first place votes for every 1 Embiid first place vote.

I don't think they hate Embiid as much as they love Jokic. But it's a little strange yes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone shitting on Westbrook? Wouldn't it be fun if he actually figured some shit out? I thought people liked that guy...always plays hard, family man, charitable, etc...

He plays within his role for a while, but the temptation of those open shots becomes too much. Once he goes bad offensively, the wheels come off defensively too (and even at his best, he's just a passing lanes defender). Great guy, love the effort, and at the right price he's a good piece. Not at $47M though, not at this stage of his career.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays within his role for a while, but the temptation of those open shots becomes too much. Once he goes bad offensively, the wheels come off defensively too (and even at his best, he's just a passing lanes defender). Great guy, love the effort, and at the right price he's a good piece. Not at $47M though, not at this stage of his career.
Best game of the season last night though....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best game of the season last night though....

Sure, but it's not exactly repeatable with a healthy Clips team. He (and RoCo) had way more usage due to George and Kawhi being out. Besides, 5-5 from 3 for Russ is why the hell at the far end of the bell curve lol.

Congrats though, hope he's figured it out and excels moving forward. Would be great if he can stay in LA, but Bones looms as their starting PG of the future. If that means another move, who knows which version of Russ they get?