• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd time I have seen someone hint that Luka is having personal problems.

Yep...there's something else outside of the game bugging him that has nothing to do with the team.
A personal matter can affect anyone's performance. It probably happens more than we know.
Athletes are human too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team would do a sign and trade tho?
Whoever wants the nutcase and I’m sure it will be a team that he wants to go to bc he doesn’t have a good track record. I just wonder who would commit long-term…that the big issue. I could see teams trading for him but a short term deal and Kyrie won’t like that. Gotta match salaries on the new deal unless that team has more cap space

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...there's something else outside of the game bugging him that has nothing to do with the team.
A personal matter can affect anyone's performance. It probably happens more than we know.
Athletes are human.
His own words….

It’s really frustrating. I think you can see it with me on the court,” Doncic said after a 117-109 loss to short-handed Hornets. “Sometimes I don’t feel it’s me. I’m just being out there. I used to have really fun smiling on the court, but it’s just been so frustrating for a lot of reasons, not just basketball.” Doncic’s former coach at Real Madrid — Pablo Laso — admitted that he didn’t like what he heard from Luka. “Doncic has always been like that, but I think he should control himself. I didn’t like his statements,” Laso told Jesus Sanchez of MARCA. “I don’t like that he conveys a feeling of weakness. I don’t think he should say that. If he thinks that about himself, he should stop talking and fix it, not put the blame on someone. But the motivational aspect is very personal, and Doncic is a superstar, so let him do what he wants,” the 55-year-old said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago wins Dallas is in the #10 slot

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns.

KD and Irving still close.
Cap.

Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving were said to be best friends during their tenure with the Brooklyn Nets.

But ever since the trades, which saw Durant get shipped to Phoenix and Irving to Dallas, the pair haven’t spoken.

The 13-time All-Star pulled back the curtain on his relationship with Irving and the dramatic ending to their tenure in Brooklyn during an episode of “The ETCs with Kevin Durant” podcast this week.

“We all move and do the things that we wanna do for our careers,” Durant said during the show. “I can’t fault somebody for doing that even though it might have been at our expense as a team … I don’t wanna act like I wasn’t upset that we didn’t finish the season, because I love playing with [Irving]. I wanted to see where we can go with that because we were both playing at a high level.

“What [Irving] was doing behind the scenes, what his contract negotiations was, I don’t want to even think about none of that stuff. Whatever he is doing, that’s him … We haven’t had a conversation but eventually we will.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick hook
Not surprised. Refs are for Lakers and we have data to back it up

Come The Rock GIF by WWE

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap.

Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving were said to be best friends during their tenure with the Brooklyn Nets.

But ever since the trades, which saw Durant get shipped to Phoenix and Irving to Dallas, the pair haven’t spoken.

The 13-time All-Star pulled back the curtain on his relationship with Irving and the dramatic ending to their tenure in Brooklyn during an episode of “The ETCs with Kevin Durant” podcast this week.

“We all move and do the things that we wanna do for our careers,” Durant said during the show. “I can’t fault somebody for doing that even though it might have been at our expense as a team … I don’t wanna act like I wasn’t upset that we didn’t finish the season, because I love playing with [Irving]. I wanted to see where we can go with that because we were both playing at a high level.

“What [Irving] was doing behind the scenes, what his contract negotiations was, I don’t want to even think about none of that stuff. Whatever he is doing, that’s him … We haven’t had a conversation but eventually we will.

I think both are making assumptions about that comment that is really pretty neutral.

Clearly, they aren’t as close as they were before.

But KD also didn’t make it seem like “I hate that dude”.

I wouldn’t rule out a reunion at some point. But I wouldn’t bet on it either.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both are making assumptions about that comment that is really pretty neutral.

Clearly, they aren’t as close as they were before.

But KD also didn’t make it seem like “I hate that dude”.

I wouldn’t rule out a reunion at some point. But I wouldn’t bet on it either.
So, you used all these words to essentially say “ I don’t know”?

Both of you could be right, both of you could be wrong, might be in the middle. But, I don’t know?