• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to leave this here and walk away quietly....

Edit: @fightinfunbags
View attachment 323153

I need to hear the full convo for context on that Lowe quote. If the discussion is just talking about Embiid/Jokic, sure, he has a point. But whenever the discussion about postseason success comes about Jokic, its more in context of "can we/should we really give a guy 3 straight MVPs that's only never been to the Finals and just one conference finals". That's a different convo. And while the MVP is a regular season award for this specific season, voters are influenced (rightly or wrongly) by historical factors. I haven't seen anyone talking about how Jokic shouldn't get it because of lack of post season success and then say Embiid should because he's better in the post season. But I have seen talk that maybe Jokic isn't worthy of 3 straight (for various reasons) and therefore Embiid should get it this year since he's just as good.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to hear the full convo for context on that Lowe quote. If the discussion is just talking about Embiid/Jokic, sure, he has a point. But whenever the discussion about postseason success comes about Jokic, its more in context of "can we/should we really give a guy 3 straight MVPs that's only never been to the Finals and just one conference finals". That's a different convo. And while the MVP is a regular season award for this specific season, voters are influenced (rightly or wrongly) by historical factors. I haven't seen anyone talking about how Jokic shouldn't get it because of lack of post season success and then say Embiid should because he's better in the post season. But I have seen talk that maybe Jokic isn't worthy of 3 straight (for various reasons) and therefore Embiid should get it this year since he's just as good.
I watched the show yesterday.

You can catch the pod on YouTube.

He basically said Jokic took his team to the WCF and Embiid has not, because of a more treacherous road.

People love to aggregate shit.

Most of his rant was directed at Morey for the childish shit he does to diminish the voters and Nikola.

His only point was that he doesn’t like the Jokic slander, especially when it’s based on race or incorrect info.

He did not vote for Joker for MVP.

He voted for Giannis.

But, he understands why some favored Jokic and that there were 3 deserving guys.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to leave this here and walk away quietly....

Edit: @fightinfunbags
View attachment 323153
Yep. Lowe has made it personal because Morey called out Celtics fans in NBA media and their narratives picking on Embiid. He was talking about Lowe and Bill Simmons. Lowe is a fucking liar though. The discussion is about anointing a player with 3 in a row when they haven’t won a ring just like they did with Giannis before he won his. That’s where playoffs come into play. And as a postscript, Jamal Murray carried his fat ass to that Bubble Western Conference Final. But Murray couldn’t keep him from getting abused by AD. Joker is a career -30 player in the playoffs. Meanwhile, Embiid is something like +275.

All this is just noise before NBA media anoints Joker as MVP again.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Lowe is creating a narrative that doesn’t exist. He hates Embiid and stems from him hating the Process despite the fact that you have 3-5 franchises tanking every year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 5 for me. I don’t think the Cavs are getting credit for what they’ve done this year. They’re a top 5 team and Mitchell has taken his game and his team to the next level. You have the ability to see what they were before Mitchell and what they are now and it’s light years different.

Now…you know I’m being honest here because I have often criticized his one way game and called him a volume shooter. This year he’s shown me that he can lead a good team as their Batman. I’ll eat my crow. I didn’t think Mitchell Garland pairing would work. I laughed at guys like @dtgold88 who had them as a top 4 seed in the East. I said that Mobley’s development would be slowed because of two ball dominant guards hogging the shots. Completely wrong by me on all accounts. He and Luka are my 1st team All NBA guards this year.
To be fair, I don't think I even had them as a top 4 seed. I think it was top 6 that you laughed at.

I was definitely on same page as you. while I liked the move I had the same concerns you mentioned.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Celtics
4. Heat
5. Nets
6. Raptors
7. Bulls
8. Cavs
9. Hawks
10. Pistons

1. Warriors
2. Clippers
3. Nuggets
4. Suns
5. Mavs
6. Grizzlies
7. Twolves
8. Lakers
9. Kings
10. Pelicans

EAST
1) Milwaukee
2) Nets
3) Boston
4) Miami
5) Cleveland
6) Philly
7) Atlanta
8) Toronto
9) Charlotte
10) Detroit

WEST
1) Clippers
2) GS
3) Denver
4) Memphis
5) Phoenix
6) Dallas
7) Lakers
8) Minnesota
9) New Orleans
10 Sacramento

To be fair, I don't think I even had them as a top 4 seed. I think it was top 6 that you laughed at.

I was definitely on same page as you. while I liked the move I had the same concerns you mentioned.
Here ya go. I looked up the receipts ha! We split the difference. You had them 5 and Sixers 6.