• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker started it. The refs don’t have balls do something about it

Eh, he started it, but I was fine with a double T. He was initially loudly complaining the the refs about how Luka should have been called for an offensive foul*, and then chirped something towards Luka. Then Luka ran him down and escalated. Players chirp all the fucking time so I'm fine with Book not getting a T there. That's basically what the double T is for, when two guys escalate the chirping and it requires stopping the game to get them to stop. Pretty textbook case there.

*Book was justified here too. I'm glad Luka missed that shot (ball don't lie) because he was getting away with some bad offensive fouls all game, especially the 2nd half. He was clearly initiating the contact, dribbling into guys that weren't even looking his way, using his forearm to push defenders away (a clear foul that's easy to call but wasn't today), and lowering his shoulder or using his hips to drive into guys. The last one happens a lot and refs let it go after 1 hit, sometimes 2, but he was hitting guys like 3 times to clear space and they either wouldn't call it or would actually call the Suns for a foul. For a dude that bitches to the refs all the fucking time, he gets away with A LOT.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting was the only thing that was off and people were claiming he may be done....LOL.

Not true.

And nobody said he was done.

What I said and what people agreed with is that he isn’t a superstar anymore and not an asset given his age, injury risk and his contract.

And while he is shooting well this year, his FTs are way down because he isn’t attacking as much.

You know what that is a sign of?

Regression due to age.

He is playing great and sing what the Sixers need. But he isn’t all the way back.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD was HIM tonight. Need that AD all the time. The guy that puts a team on his back. That's what's so frustrating about him (along with health). You'll see it for a stretch of games, then it'll disappear and he'll be a "normal" all star, then he'll beast out again.

Also, Dubs have a vendetta against the Lakers ankles. Took D'lo out last game and this time they took out Bamba. This injustice cannot stand!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we’re built different. It’s probably my background in teaching and coaching. I love it when great talent figures it out and takes his game to a different level. Must be nice being perfect. Meanwhile, I respect a guy who puts the work in (career 36% from 3 shooting 40%) and humbled himself knowing he’s not the number one on his team anymore.

He deserves a ton of credit for embracing his role and playing it well.

No denying that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

And nobody said he was done.

What I said and what people agreed with is that he isn’t a superstar anymore and not an asset given his age, injury risk and his contract.

And while he is shooting well this year, his FTs are way down because he isn’t attacking as much.

You know what that is a sign of?

Regression due to age.

He is playing great and sing what the Sixers need. But he isn’t all the way back.
Isn’t attacking as much?!?!? It’s ok to say that you haven’t seen the Sixers much. Embiid Harden pick and roll averaged 1.7 points per possession last night. Not sure how pick and roll isn’t attacking. He just has the best option he’s ever had running pick and roll, pick and pop with him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...that was some sweet ball movement there...

(Yeah..I know...that's what she said)...lol

Speaking of which...Is Dyan Cannon still going to to the games?
I thought I saw here court side briefly.
Is Jack Nicholson there too??

Yep, she's like 86 years old and still goes. I don't think she's there as much as in her younger days, but she still goes.

One of the few celebs who would still show up even in down years.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, he started it, but I was fine with a double T. He was initially loudly complaining the the refs about how Luka should have been called for an offensive foul*, and then chirped something towards Luka. Then Luka ran him down and escalated. Players chirp all the fucking time so I'm fine with Book not getting a T there. That's basically what the double T is for, when two guys escalate the chirping and it requires stopping the game to get them to stop. Pretty textbook case there.

*Book was justified here too. I'm glad Luka missed that shot (ball don't lie) because he was getting away with some bad offensive fouls all game, especially the 2nd half. He was clearly initiating the contact, dribbling into guys that weren't even looking his way, using his forearm to push defenders away (a clear foul that's easy to call but wasn't today), and lowering his shoulder or using his hips to drive into guys. The last one happens a lot and refs let it go after 1 hit, sometimes 2, but he was hitting guys like 3 times to clear space and they either wouldn't call it or would actually call the Suns for a foul. For a dude that bitches to the refs all the fucking time, he gets away with A LOT.
No bro. He doesn’t like Booker, therefore it should have been a T on only Booker.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t attacking as much?!?!? It’s ok to say that you haven’t seen the Sixers much. Embiid Harden pick and roll averaged 1.7 points per possession last night. Not sure how pick and roll isn’t attacking. He just has the best option he’s ever had running pick and roll, pick and pop with him.

He isn’t.

He used to get all the way to the rim and draw contact at an eye popping rate.

He still uses pick and rolls and attacks of course.

But he doesn’t get as deep as often.

Because he isn’t as explosive as he was.

You know, being older and all.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder came out firing tonight

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t.

They literally called him out in a rule change and he doesn’t get calls like he used to. He’s also not shooting the ball as often. Everything the Sixers do starts with Harden attacking downhill and going to the rim. He does much more now engaging teammates and he doesn’t play anywhere near the hero ball he used to. He had no issues getting to the rim last night against one of the best defenses in the league on the third game in 4 nights. He went to the line 11 times last night which was actually more trips than Embiid.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not see booker look dondicks way until dondicks charged booker..

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but , I don’t see how anyone sees it any other way .

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got dang quickley!!! You’re in a different role tonight! Implement and facilitate!

Barret is f n delusional

Cmon guys , play under control , you’re best facilitator is out.

You ain’t Puttin celts away. PLAY SMART

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got dang quickley!!! You’re in a different role tonight! Implement and facilitate!

Barret is f n delusional

Cmon guys , play under control , you’re best facilitator is out.

You ain’t Puttin celts away. PLAY SMART
Tell the truth, you are a motivational speaker aren’t you?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t expect the refs to not call double T’s. Luka bitches a lot. He bitches too much but DBook is a crybaby and sore loser. That’s the issue here.
He loses, don’t here a peep. Every time they get a lead or a win…he talks. Luka talks all the time but that’s his game.
Stars get away with pushes all the time. Harden, Giannis, etc. they literally pushes off constantly but they are so good at it and get the benefit of the doubt.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t.

Yeah, doesn't have anything to do with him having Embiid playing C or anything.....

SMH.