• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers can get Stanley back now.

Do you still need him with Gabriel, Rui, Vandy?

Turns out they can't. CBA rules are wonky and Johnson has to be 2 traded teams removed from the Lakers. If the Spurs had traded him to another team and that team cut him, Lakers would be eligible. But since the Spurs cut him, they can't. Sorta unfair to the players in that aspect.

Either way, I don't think it matters. I don't think Johnson would get many minutes. Maybe he could have eaten some of TBJ's minutes.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out they can't. CBA rules are wonky and Johnson has to be 2 traded teams removed from the Lakers. If the Spurs had traded him to another team and that team cut him, Lakers would be eligible. But since the Spurs cut him, they can't. Sorta unfair to the players in that aspect.

Either way, I don't think it matters. I don't think Johnson would get many minutes. Maybe he could have eaten some of TBJ's minutes.
So, I thought he was eligible because he was traded to the Jazz.

Jazz, Spurs…..Lakers are third.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got traded to the Jazz and played for the Spurs. That is 2 teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, need a small forward.
Johnson’s path back to the Lakers would be an interesting one. He was waived by the Jazz before the season, briefly had a stint in the G League and then was brought in by the Spurs. Since there was a stop along the way between the Jazz and Lakers, Johnson can legally return to LA as a free agent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness Sleepy D needs to STFU. Amazing how she can ruin a broadcast.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson’s path back to the Lakers would be an interesting one. He was waived by the Jazz before the season, briefly had a stint in the G League and then was brought in by the Spurs. Since there was a stop along the way between the Jazz and Lakers, Johnson can legally return to LA as a free agent.

True but might be somebody better we could bring in off buyout market

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Push brown to end of the bench.....he has played well at times but really an end of bench guy IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going off what Eric Pincus is saying, which he's pretty plugged in as far as CBA and cap stuff goes

Interesting. Agree with Pincus, Lakers should definitely contact the league office for an interpretation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing pj tucker for nothing and refusing to pay the tax have been the problem

Plus Duncan

Duncan been hurt and not playing for over 2 months now lol but yeah lets put the blame on a guy who isn't even playing.

Point of that tweet was to show the role players isn't performing to the level they did last season while the top 3 are performing better together than they did last season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they lose their 2 games this week, they somehow been playing at a 50+ win season for their last 41 games after the 7-11 start

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan been hurt and not playing for over 2 months now lol but yeah lets put the blame on a guy who isn't even playing.

Point of that tweet was to show the role players isn't performing to the level they did last season while the top 3 are performing better together than they did last season
I think he is saying Duncan was a contributor last season and this season he isn’t. Couple that with losing Tucker and Strus not playing as well with a bigger role is the main cause of the supporting cast struggles. They needed to make a move at the deadline but I understand it wasn’t easy with that bad Duncan contract, they likely would have to throw in a pick. Maybe they believe in the rest of the guys to step it up and for other guys to get healthy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when you pay a guy that much, you plan on him being a key contributor, and he’s not

My comment literally agrees with you