• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Roster moves

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Parson gets the most snaps of any of the linebackers and keeps Jaylon off the field. Parsons is going to be a headache for opposing offenses. I can see Parsons getting 8-10 sacks. He will make the front seven better. Brady better have his head on a swivel. I expect Quinn to unleash Parsons.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Parson gets the most snaps of any of the linebackers and keeps Jaylon off the field. Parsons is going to be a headache for opposing offenses. I can see Parsons getting 8-10 sacks. He will make the front seven better. Brady better have his head on a swivel. I expect Quinn to unleash Parsons.
I dont expect Parsons to come out on any plays except maybe for a breather here or there. believe he will be apart of all of the different LB packages.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will lead the LBers in snaps and it won't be close, but Jaylon will get his snaps in the base D...this year...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe
I dont expect Parsons to come out on any plays except maybe for a breather here or there. believe he will be apart of all of the different LB packages.
I hope you are right. I think Parsons could end up All Pro. I think the opposition better know where he is on the field and better game plan for him. And that wont be easy if Quinn has him lined up all over the field. Parsons play speed is no joke. He is a freak athlete. I dont really know who to compare this guy too. I had the same feeling about Aaron Donald when he was drafted.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe

I hope you are right. I think Parsons could end up All Pro. I think the opposition better know where he is on the field and better game plan for him. And that wont be easy if Quinn has him lined up all over the field. Parsons play speed is no joke. He is a freak athlete. I dont really know who to compare this guy too. I had the same feeling about Aaron Donald when he was drafted.
now just imagine if he has the instincts of Sean Lee. With Parsons speed. Holy shit. that will be a lot of TFL's

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep adjusting our contracts for some more cap space this year.
Are we planning on making a move for some FA I dont know about?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the beginning I was hoping he would work out. This is true.
However that didnt happen. I dont think he is NFL ready either.
As of now. I dont ever see him playing for us. but I also rarely think a PS QB is going to anyways. So how can they contribute to help the other players? If he got replaced I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.
His flaws he isnt big time. Meaning his bad decision making is with pressure on him to perform (a death sentence)
He passes off his back foot when it isnt necessary. Causing many of his INTs or bad throws. He could step up & follow through (fixable)
He is fast & mobile. (something I would want in an emergency QB) because if you are bad enough to be relegated to emergency QB you arent making the plays with your passing ability.
but lets go back to the death sentence.
In practice playing as the other teams QB he doesnt have the pressure to perform which is usually when he does better. This helping our team. As a PS player. obviously the coaches like him in practice. He just shits the bed on the field.

I am not advocating for him to get a chance to play. We will always have a PS QB on the roster to lighten loads for the other QBs & etc etc....
So until we go find a guy we think is gonna go after the back up job. (which we dont have at the moment) No reason to lose the features Dinucci can bring to our defenses to practice against as a PS player.

So replacing him with a marginally better pocket passer is worse IMO than Dinucci. We have two other QBs (excluding Dak from all this) that fit that bill for the Defense to play against.

Now like I said before. If we replace him with some new guy with a lot of potential. That would be great. Chances of getting a guy hugely better for practice squad is highly unlikely

To appease your point of view though.
Go get another young mobile guy that brings what DiNucci does. That is marginally better. I am good with that as well.

Most practice squad players are usually nothing more than to help in practices. If they learn & improve & become NFL players then great.
Yes at times we might stash a player on PS until we have room for them. but that is hardly the case with QB. I simply dont look at PS QBs as a possible starter for our team. Has it happened sure. but that would not be my plan for a PS QB.
My PS QB I would not want to be like my other QBs unless I was grooming him. To me you want your PS guy to have different characteristics.
Nowadays its not about liking him. Just how can he or his replacement help the rest of the team. because of either gets to the starting lineup our season is over. So I dont look at him or his replacement as what can they do for us on Sundays. I look at what can they do Tuesday through Saturday.
Wow.......

Remind me to always agree with you.

I am in the di nucci ain't nfl caliber camp. But cooper rush looked better after some time under his belt. Not good enough to have a team of his own but he did look much better in what little I have seen from him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep adjusting our contracts for some more cap space this year.
Are we planning on making a move for some FA I dont know about?
Not sure what we are doing. I doubt there is anything planned right this second, but after week 1 is when you try to sign vets at this point so contracts not guaranteed. I suspect we wanted the room to extend someone this year or just roll the savings into next year.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what we are doing. I doubt there is anything planned right this second, but after week 1 is when you try to sign vets at this point so contracts not guaranteed. I suspect we wanted the room to extend someone this year or just roll the savings into next year.
That seems to be the more viable option at this point...

Prescott’s $9M base salary for this season is now $2.75M. The Cowboys will carry over the $5M in cap space for 2021 over to 2022, creating a $3.75M figure in added cap space.

Report: Cowboys Restructure Dak Prescott's Contract, Create $5M in Cap Space ✭

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Linebacker good news

Now if they can swap Jaylon snap count with Cox we will have the right depth chart.
then with any luck eventually the top two LBs will end up Parson & Cox. but for now I am absolutely cool with Parsons & Neal.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everyone knows I am not a Jaylon Smith fan at all and think he stinks. I don't get the timing. I was calling for this before his salary guaranteed this year. Why now? We have injuries and he played "ok" the last 2 weeks. If you were worried about injury and his contract guaranteeing for next year you should have cut him before the season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everyone knows I am not a Jaylon Smith fan at all and think he stinks. I don't get the timing. I was calling for this before his salary guaranteed this year. Why now? We have injuries and he played "ok" the last 2 weeks. If you were worried about injury and his contract guaranteeing for next year you should have cut him before the season

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3