• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always kinda looked at it like White was Kevin Faulk's eventual replacement as their styles were similar-ish. Vereen was different IMO. If White walks, which I believe is likely, we need somebody like him or Faulk and guys like that are rare.
Before Vereen we hadDanny Woodhead.
Again in FA, Danny was thrown "big money" (at the time) by San Diego.
Danny played well for SD but they ran him into the ground. Stats looked good while he was getting beat up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny played well for SD but they ran him into the ground. Stats looked good while he was getting beat up.
I am not sure I understand the point of this or the other post. Again for a RB that second deal has to be the money maker, so the smart thing to do is grab the money and run, literally run. There is little room for a RB to get a good deal on contract 3 they are mostly broken at that point. Staying with any team for less money does not make sense to me, not at that position

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I understand the point of this or the other post. Again for a RB that second deal has to be the money maker, so the smart thing to do is grab the money and run, literally run. There is little room for a RB to get a good deal on contract 3 they are mostly broken at that point. Staying with any team for less money does not make sense to me, not at that position
The point is that BB tends to let RB's go when time for their big contract.
Not differing from what you were saying.
Pointing out unless White wants to stay, very likely history will be repeated.....
I won't fault White for wanting to take the money instead of waiting for Cam to hit the target.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out unless White wants to stay, very likely history will be repeated.....
I won't fault White for wanting to take the money instead of waiting for Cam to hit the target.....
Assuming Cam will be improved?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always kinda looked at it like White was Kevin Faulk's eventual replacement as their styles were similar-ish. Vereen was different IMO. If White walks, which I believe is likely, we need somebody like him or Faulk and guys like that are rare.
You might think Danny Woodhead was different, but imo he was just better. He was a receiving back that did better between the tackles than almost anyone his size and any receiving back. He received as well as any receiving back too. And man was he fun to watch... seemed like he could break one on any play with the crazy balance he had.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this when I made similar comments

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JJ Taylor will his replacement on 3rd down or passing downs. He has that uncanny ability to get an extra yard or two. I don't expect him to be James White because White learned his craft with Brady and Brady is no longer here.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JJ Taylor will his replacement on 3rd down or passing downs. He has that uncanny ability to get an extra yard or two. I don't expect him to be James White because White learned his craft with Brady and Brady is no longer here.

I agree. Looking forward to seeing what Taylor morphs into.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a long wait.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently someone i the Patriots' organization made a verbal slip. The local yokels are on it like flies on fresh poop in the summer.

Whomever, it was said, "Belichick plans to be very aggressive in free agency." Take it for what it's worth. Historically, and that means since 2000, Bill has pretty much been a Day 2 or beyond when the free agency bell rings. Does this mean for the first time since he's been the HC of the NEP that he's going to reverse that habit? The talking heads are beside themselves because someone dropped a piece of fat on the floor.

Now the talk is all about going after Allen Robinson of the Bears, etc. etc. Don't pull too much Charmin off the roll just yet guys. My first thought is that BB has just planted the first seed of the spring and will force the teams with money to spend quickly and Bill will get exactly who he's earmarked and he'll get them at his price and contract length.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently someone i the Patriots' organization made a verbal slip. The local yokels are on it like flies on fresh poop in the summer.

Whomever, it was said, "Belichick plans to be very aggressive in free agency." Take it for what it's worth. Historically, and that means since 2000, Bill has pretty much been a Day 2 or beyond when the free agency bell rings. Does this mean for the first time since he's been the HC of the NEP that he's going to reverse that habit? The talking heads are beside themselves because someone dropped a piece of fat on the floor.

Now the talk is all about going after Allen Robinson of the Bears, etc. etc. Don't pull too much Charmin off the roll just yet guys. My first thought is that BB has just planted the first seed of the spring and will force the teams with money to spend quickly and Bill will get exactly who he's earmarked and he'll get them at his price and contract length.
First time? Did he wait on Gilmore?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this the less I think the Pats draft a QB early. I really think the Pats will look for one or two offensive pass catching option in the FA market maybe two WRs or one WR and one TE.

I feel BB may trade down #15 or take a D Linemen at 15. I think the first three rounds may be geared toward the defense, especially if they can get the FA pass catchers. Somewhere round 4 or beyond BB may take a look at a QB. I just feel if BB can get his defense like he wants it, he can have success with a QB that can manage a game. The run game is in place, the O Line good enough, the D line not so good, we need to another safety or CB or hybrid we need ILB. Working the FA market for pas catchers and draft for defense just makes sense to me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this the less I think the Pats draft a QB early. I really think the Pats will look for one or two offensive pass catching option in the FA market maybe two WRs or one WR and one TE.

I feel BB may trade down #15 or take a D Linemen at 15. I think the first three rounds may be geared toward the defense, especially if they can get the FA pass catchers. Somewhere round 4 or beyond BB may take a look at a QB. I just feel if BB can get his defense like he wants it, he can have success with a QB that can manage a game. The run game is in place, the O Line good enough, the D line not so good, we need to another safety or CB or hybrid we need ILB. Working the FA market for pas catchers and draft for defense just makes sense to me.
I think you're dead nuts on this.

He'll take either Parsons9Penn St) or Covins(Tulsa) at #15 if either is available and he'll be looking for a fast edge in the second round. Dion't dfiscount the huge number of NFL veterans that are about to be cut loose.

Word Sunday was that the Saints have called the Patriots about Damarius Davis ILB, Trey Hendrickson DE, Ryan Glasgow DT and a few other players. They need to get rid of salary and are looking for draft picks. It's pretty sticky because the Saints will play the Patriots in Foxboro this year. The reason that the Saints will deal with Patriots is that in the past, trade have always worked for both teams and no one got screwed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're dead nuts on this.

He'll take either Parsons9Penn St) or Covins(Tulsa) at #15 if either is available and he'll be looking for a fast edge in the second round. Dion't dfiscount the huge number of NFL veterans that are about to be cut loose.

Word Sunday was that the Saints have called the Patriots about Damarius Davis ILB, Trey Hendrickson DE, Ryan Glasgow DT and a few other players. They need to get rid of salary and are looking for draft picks. It's pretty sticky because the Saints will play the Patriots in Foxboro this year. The reason that the Saints will deal with Patriots is that in the past, trade have always worked for both teams and no one got screwed.
Do you mean Collins from Tulsa? And how is it nuts if I said BB will shore up the D and you targeted two defensive players.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean Collins from Tulsa? And how is it nuts if I said BB will shore up the D and you targeted two defensive players.
Yes Collins from Tulsa. Not nuts at all and if the Rumor I'm about to post is true, there won't be any questions at all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Collins from Tulsa. Not nuts at all and if the Rumor I'm about to post is true, there won't be any questions at all.
LOL My bad " Dead Nuts ON THIS" reading comp a true weakness of mine.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa, I thought the same thing. I knew what BK meant though... Looking it up, dead nuts means precisely, spot on...