• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to count his years as a Patriot into his games started? Okay.... like he had a chance with Tom here.

Jimmy G is 24-8 as a starting QB in the NFL. Has never lost 2 games in a row. Helped the 49ers get to the SuperBowl in his only healthy season. Beat the shit out of our Patriots at our home. Giving Coach B one of his worst defeats ever. Yes, he is injured way too often. Cant help that. He is in great physical shape. Just bad luck. I would take him in a heart beat.
I'd never take you shopping at a flea market. You'd talk the price up.

The biggest flaw in your argument is, ""Yes, he's is injured way too often."" That's also Jimmy's biggest flaw. He's got a $52M price tag hanging off him and that's way too big for my taste. One hit and he's on the sideline until 2022. The cost way outweighs the risk. If it was one year, I'd overlook it, but he's been hurt three times and unless they can get him cheap AND rework his contract, use that 2nd round pick for a DL or LB and taker Crum in the 3rd or 4th.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget JG. BB is not going to give the 49ers a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who's career games played look like this

15 16 17 18 19 20
0 - 0 - 2 - 5 - 16 - 5

Or an overall average of 4.5 games per year.

If he was as good as he's being made out to be, why can't the 49ers find a trade partner?
14 - Behind Brady
15 - Behind Brady
16 - Won first two starts/Behind Brady
17 - Behind Brady/Traded won all 5 games as starter
18 - Torn ACL
19 - SB
20 - Played through High Ankle Sprain until IR

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 - Behind Brady
15 - Behind Brady
16 - Won first two starts/Behind Brady
17 - Behind Brady/Traded won all 5 games as starter
18 - Torn ACL
19 - SB
20 - Played through High Ankle Sprain until IR
What about the torn rotator with the Patriots?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd never take you shopping at a flea market. You'd talk the price up.

The biggest flaw in your argument is, ""Yes, he's is injured way too often."" That's also Jimmy's biggest flaw. He's got a $52M price tag hanging off him and that's way too big for my taste. One hit and he's on the sideline until 2022. The cost way outweighs the risk. If it was one year, I'd overlook it, but he's been hurt three times and unless they can get him cheap AND rework his contract, use that 2nd round pick for a DL or LB and taker Crum in the 3rd or 4th.
One hit and Cam is sidelined.
One hit and Stiddy is sidelined.
One hit and Brady is sidelined.
One hit and Mahomes is sidelined.
One hit and Lawrence is sidelined.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the torn rotator with the Patriots?
What about it?
He was slammed to the ground in his second start, and sprained his AC joint (Not a torn rotator cuff) the same injury suffered by Romo and Rodgers.
After that he was behind Brady for the remainder of the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about it?
He was slammed to the ground in his second start, and sprained his AC joint (Not a torn rotator cuff) the same injury suffered by Romo and Rodgers.
After that he was behind Brady for the remainder of the season.
I'm just not in love with JG. Sorry, just me. Would rather have Trubisky, who may not be as pretty, but can at least take a hit and keep playing. This offense can be 80% run and 20% pass. The Patriots have the line, the running backs and the mentality to push it down any defense's throat. Thre league may be a passing league but all it takes is one team to go against the flow and be somewhat successful and things will change. It's a copycat league. When the QB is eating up 20% of the cap and WRs are looking to get 10%, it might be the perfect time to reintroduce the running game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not in love with JG. Sorry, just me. Would rather have Trubisky, who may not be as pretty, but can at least take a hit and keep playing. This offense can be 80% run and 20% pass. The Patriots have the line, the running backs and the mentality to push it down any defense's throat. Thre league may be a passing league but all it takes is one team to go against the flow and be somewhat successful and things will change. It's a copycat league. When the QB is eating up 20% of the cap and WRs are looking to get 10%, it might be the perfect time to reintroduce the running game.

I can respect that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler is again unemployed.

Might be able to get both back on the cheap. Don't really7 need Butler unless Gilmore gets traded but we can certainly use a DE like Clayborn. Sometimes fate deals a decent hand. $3M is cheap money for someone like Clayborn. Since he's relesed, why not call him today?? Malcom might be a bit more of a costly option. Those $15M a year paydys are hard to let go of, but these is liow budget times.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be able to get both back on the cheap. Don't really7 need Butler unless Gilmore gets traded but we can certainly use a DE like Clayborn. Sometimes fate deals a decent hand. $3M is cheap money for someone like Clayborn. Since he's relesed, why not call him today?? Malcom might be a bit more of a costly option. Those $15M a year paydys are hard to let go of, but these is liow budget times.
I don't want Butler back - t any price.
His reaction to success in NE ruined him. ....
I don't know on Clayborn. I'm sure Bill knows.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has informed teams that he 2021 cap has been set at $182.5M

The New England patriots officially have $64.5M to spend on free agents and the draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, I believe that BB will sign one or even two of the following linebackers within 48 hours of the free agency bell:

1. Matt Milano 26 Bills
2. Jayon Brown 26 Titans
3. Nicholas Morrow 26 Raiders
4. Denzel Perryman 28 Chargers
5. Reggie ragland 27 Lions

All of these guys are young, every down tacklers. Could be wrong, but this market could be a problem for old farts like Karl Van Noy 29.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, I believe that BB will sign one or even two of the following linebackers within 48 hours of the free agency bell:

1. Matt Milano 26 Bills
2. Jayon Brown 26 Titans
3. Nicholas Morrow 26 Raiders
4. Denzel Perryman 28 Chargers
5. Reggie ragland 27 Lions

All of these guys are young, every down tacklers. Could be wrong, but this market could be a problem for old farts like Karl Van Noy 29.

Most of this list are guys that are 2-down thumpers. Ragland and Perryman are for sure. Morrow is below average against the run and average against the pass. Brown is about average at everything. Milano is the one guy that I could see calling a true 3-down LB of this group. Offers a lot as a pass rusher and wasn't a liability in the pass game. He is below average in his run defense though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this list are guys that are 2-down thumpers. Ragland and Perryman are for sure. Morrow is below average against the run and average against the pass. Brown is about average at everything. Milano is the one guy that I could see calling a true 3-down LB of this group. Offers a lot as a pass rusher and wasn't a liability in the pass game. He is below average in his run defense though.
We'd have to pay for Milano and he has been ridden hard and put away wet.....
Love him for the right price!

oldmaninthedesert702

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I looked it up because I thought the expression was "dead to nuts" which was crossing dead to rights with dead nuts.

Bonus if anyone knows where dead nuts originates...
It started with my older brother back in the 60's, his 70's reply to anything he really liked was tits. We lost him to cancer in August of 2001, you could say things have not been the same since he left, huge buildings imploding, Patriots winning Super Bowls, Red Sox winning World Series,

oldmaninthedesert702

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O running from black wasps......
Those are some mean suckers, those bees on Billy the Exterminator down in Louisiana do not look like the friendliest hornets on the planet either, hate bees stepped on a yellow jacket nest playing football, 38 stingers they pulled out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some mean suckers, those bees on Billy the Exterminator down in Louisiana do not look like the friendliest hornets on the planet either, hate bees stepped on a yellow jacket nest playing football, 38 stingers they pulled out.
There are 15 species of Pepsis wasps in North America, some up to four inches long.
just lie down and start screaming, because few if any people could maintain verbal and physical coordination after getting stung by one of these things. You're likely to just run off and hurt yourself. So just lie down and start yelling."

1615424400332.png

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 15 species of Pepsis wasps in North America, some up to four inches long.
just lie down and start screaming, because few if any people could maintain verbal and physical coordination after getting stung by one of these things. You're likely to just run off and hurt yourself. So just lie down and start yelling."

View attachment 266685
WHAT

THE

FUCK