• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT

THE

FUCK
I had one land on my chest one time as I was hiking the Sierra's. I looked down at him quite nervously and he looked up at me and cocked his head to get eye contact. It was as if he was saying, "what are you going to do?" I did nothing. After 20 seconds he flew away.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had one land on my chest one time as I was hiking the Sierra's. I looked down at him quite nervously and he looked up at me and cocked his head to get eye contact. It was as if he was saying, "what are you going to do?" I did nothing. After 20 seconds he flew away.
I am quicker than Wild Bill Hickock with a squirt of adrenalin.
Something that big lands on me and it's dead long before I know what it is or it has time to make eye contact.

Yes, I may even drive the stinger into myself in my haste...(panic)...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam's new contract is "hardly guaranteed" Very heavy with incentives.

"The Athletic’s Jeff Howe said Newton will only earn $14 million “if everything goes perfectly.”

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking a step back and kind of wondering..........

Knowing how BB works, would it be out of the question if:

He made a an offer to the oldest free agent wide receiver of 1 year with incentives like Cam? Larry Fitzgerald 38 ?

He if made an offer to WR that's tried for three times and missed? Emmanuel Sanders 34?

He made an offer to a WR and told him that he'd be #1? Sammy Watkins 28 ?

He made an offer to a WR that made a multi-year offer and spurned who got cut after one year? Adam Humphries 28?

He made an offer to a WR that was just sliced as by surprise by the Bills? John Brown 31?

He made an offer to WR that he's tried to trade for twice and couldn't get it done? Marvin Jones 31?

He made n offer for a WR that he tried to trade for last year and the year before and was turned down? John Ross 27?

finally.....

He made an offer to two old friends who won a Super Bowl rings in New England? Corradelle Patterson 30? Danny Amendola 36?

All of these guys are better than the group behind Edelman. The guys north of thirty would be fairly inexpensive and could tutor any new draftees. The guys under 30 would certainly solidify the need and if two of them could be signed, this team would be an immediate threat to send the Bills back where they belong........ second place.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stepping right in it and:
Too old - Larry Fitzgerald, Amendola,
Losing a step: Sanders,
Not a reliable WR - Patterson (but would take still him for right price)
Overvalued: Brown and Watkins

Would consider: Ross , Jones, Humphries - at the right price, of corse.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking a step back and kind of wondering..........

Knowing how BB works, would it be out of the question if:

He made a an offer to the oldest free agent wide receiver of 1 year with incentives like Cam? Larry Fitzgerald 38 ?

He if made an offer to WR that's tried for three times and missed? Emmanuel Sanders 34?

He made an offer to a WR and told him that he'd be #1? Sammy Watkins 28 ?

He made an offer to a WR that made a multi-year offer and spurned who got cut after one year? Adam Humphries 28?

He made an offer to a WR that was just sliced as by surprise by the Bills? John Brown 31?

He made an offer to WR that he's tried to trade for twice and couldn't get it done? Marvin Jones 31?

He made n offer for a WR that he tried to trade for last year and the year before and was turned down? John Ross 27?

finally.....

He made an offer to two old friends who won a Super Bowl rings in New England? Corradelle Patterson 30? Danny Amendola 36?

All of these guys are better than the group behind Edelman. The guys north of thirty would be fairly inexpensive and could tutor any new draftees. The guys under 30 would certainly solidify the need and if two of them could be signed, this team would be an immediate threat to send the Bills back where they belong........ second place.
1st team to regress of the Bills and Dolphins goes to 3rd place and fans start jumping off the cliff!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st team to regress of the Bills and Dolphins goes to 3rd place and fans start jumping off the cliff!
I still think the Bill win the AFCE question is can the Pats get that 7th playoff spot?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Bill win the AFCE question is can the Pats get that 7th playoff spot?
If he wins the AFCE, the Pats will be no less than 13-4. That will guarantee them at least a top 4.

The schedule is easy on the road and a bit tougher at home, but the patriots always play better at home. Having 25,000 fans in the stands will make a difference. Plus they have 9 at home.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins the AFCE, the Pats will be no less than 13-4. That will guarantee them at least a top 4.

The schedule is easy on the road and a bit tougher at home, but the patriots always play better at home. Having 25,000 fans in the stands will make a difference. Plus they have 9 at home.
I meant to pluralize

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Dolphins plan on poaching some players off the Patriots again.

If you are one of their targets, how do you think you would feel about the Dolphins poaching Kyle Van Noy last year and now dumping him into a bad market after only 1 season?
It would make you think twice, would it not?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Dolphins plan on poaching some players off the Patriots again.

If you are one of their targets, how do you think you would feel about the Dolphins poaching Kyle Van Noy last year and now dumping him into a bad market after only 1 season?
It would make you think twice, would it not?
Dolphins do it again.
If you are one of Pats free agents, you are going to be hard to get signed with Miami......

"The most interesting part of this trade comes from the Dolphins side. Lawson was one of the Dolphins big free agent signings of 2020 and is the second of those players to effectively be cut this year. The Dolphins signed Lawson to a three year, $10 million per year contract with a frontloaded salary of $13.5 million. Their other big signing who is already out is Kyle Van Noy who the team spent $15.02 million on last season as part of the first year payment of a four year contract that averaged $12.75 million a season."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after the cannon trade to Houston, the Patriots are $72M under the cap.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after the cannon trade to Houston, the Patriots are $72M under the cap.
You need to take out that old calculator with the paper tape and keep track of it on there... Then you just need to post a new picture of the tape after each change...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is Monday March 15th and legal tampering starts today. Players cannot sign contracts but teams and players can agree that the player will sign and commitments can and will be made.

the water starts to boil today.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is Monday March 15th and legal tampering starts today. Players cannot sign contracts but teams and players can agree that the player will sign and commitments can and will be made.

Or start to simmer......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IS BB building around FOR CAM? or is he building a team that the Patriots need?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mutually exclusive.....
Each free agent deal must have it's own merit.

I agree. Just wondering if that is the mind set now though. "Which players in FA or draft ca we get that can help out Cam?" and not "what players are the best available"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The belief is that BB just might try to sign Fitz and let the best man win as well as pick up a possible Stidham replacement late in the draft.