• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and Free Agency

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa, I thought the same thing. I knew what BK meant though... Looking it up, dead nuts means precisely, spot on...
Surprising you had to look it up.
One thing I learned from my travels, colloquialisms are different everywhere you go.......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising you had to look it up.
One thing I learned from my travels, colloquialisms are different everywhere you go.......
Actually I looked it up because I thought the expression was "dead to nuts" which was crossing dead to rights with dead nuts.

Bonus if anyone knows where dead nuts originates...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I looked it up because I thought the expression was "dead to nuts" which was crossing dead to rights with dead nuts.

Bonus if anyone knows where dead nuts originates...
Archaic expression, used in many trades to mean 'spot on', or absolutely accurate. It originates from the times when machinsts machines were set with a set of nuts, on a fine threaded screw inside the machine which controled it's movements to and froe. The nut would be set at absolute zero, or the stop, or limit of the machine. When the nut was tightened, and the zero set, it would be considered a dead nut.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archaic expression, used in many trades to mean 'spot on', or absolutely accurate. It originates from the times when machinsts machines were set with a set of nuts, on a fine threaded screw inside the machine which controled it's movements to and froe. The nut would be set at absolute zero, or the stop, or limit of the machine. When the nut was tightened, and the zero set, it would be considered a dead nut.
Damn good, it almost looks like you googled it and pasted in the response...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you had to give them the real meaning. They were all thinking that it was what happened after a vasectomy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget JG. BB is not going to give the 49ers a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who's career games played look like this

15 16 17 18 19 20
0 - 0 - 2 - 5 - 16 - 5

Or an overall average of 4.5 games per year.

If he was as good as he's being made out to be, why can't the 49ers find a trade partner?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget JG. BB is not going to give the 49ers a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who's career games played look like this

15 16 17 18 19 20
0 - 0 - 2 - 5 - 16 - 5

Or an overall average of 4.5 games per year.

If he was as good as he's being made out to be, why can't the 49ers find a trade partner?
You are going to count his years as a Patriot into his games started? Okay.... like he had a chance with Tom here.

Jimmy G is 24-8 as a starting QB in the NFL. Has never lost 2 games in a row. Helped the 49ers get to the SuperBowl in his only healthy season. Beat the shit out of our Patriots at our home. Giving Coach B one of his worst defeats ever. Yes, he is injured way too often. Cant help that. He is in great physical shape. Just bad luck. I would take him in a heart beat.